Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

I like the red one the best, looks less like a simple Paint retexture than any of the other ones. Though, truth be told, I'm not too hip on these Kiffar tattoos anyway... :s

I love the Kiffar race, it's my favorite one ! *crosses fingers for possibility of playing Kiffar in TOR*

Any chance for releases of other heads with the tattoos but other patterns?

And the screens look AWESOME!!

Yeah, I'm kinda in the middle when it comes to the Kiffar tattoos. They work really well in the comics, because they help bring some individuality and recognizability to some characters that might otherwise be drawn too similarily. But, on the other hand, when trying to add the tats to a more realistic skin texture for the game, it just looks overly saturated, and like FN said: "a simple paint retexture". I thought the red looked pretty good, because it didn't stand out so much, but then I started thinking that it looked like a sunburn :¬:.

I personally think the green is the best. The red lacks enough red and the yellow is a bit too simple IMO.

I'm very flexible with the the tattoo. I just don't want anything to that will take away from him being that wise Jedi feel.

I love the new Drayen and tattoos. I'm leaning to the first one green, i wonder how the others would look with a green tone?

I don't why i keep steering toward green,lol

I figure that green ties in with his lightsaber: green = good :). So, I changed all the tats to green and added a bunch. Most are similar to something I saw in a Republic comic (or two), but I played around with a few new ones as well. The trick will be choosing one that doesn't distract from the character's personality or Jedi wisdom, and does not look like Sith tattoos. Let me know which is your favourite, and why :D

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
quandrayentattoooptions.jpg

Show spoiler

Show spoiler
quandrayentattoooptionsg.jpg

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I'm kinda in the middle when it comes to the Kiffar tattoos. They work really well in the comics, because they help bring some individuality and recognizability to some characters that might otherwise be drawn too similarily. But, on the other hand, when trying to add the tats to a more realistic skin texture for the game, it just looks overly saturated, and like FN said: "a simple paint retexture". I thought the red looked pretty good, because it didn't stand out so much, but then I started thinking that it looked like a sunburn :¬:.

I figure that green ties in with his lightsaber: green = good :). So, I changed all the tats to green and added a bunch. Most are similar to something I saw in a Republic comic (or two), but I played around with a few new ones as well. The trick will be choosing one that doesn't distract from the character's personality or Jedi wisdom, and does not look like Sith tattoos. Let me know which is your favourite, and why :D

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler
quandrayentattoooptionsg.jpg

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

wow this is what I was looking for!!! The beard could've been a little longer for my concern but the model is great! I personally like the 1st and last facepaint best 'cause I think it matches the character and his race best....

do you have tut on how you added the long hair to the character or how to change the hair at all? or a link to one that already exists?

Just thought of something... you realize how painful that would be to have tattooed? OUCH!

These guy's have a very high pain tolerance!

Yeah, I was talking with a friend at work about tattoos. He said most people would avoid getting the area around the eyes done (maybe stopping around the orbital bone of the eye socket). I looked online, and found a lot of people getting fake eyes tattooed onto their eyelids (I guess so they could sleep at work, and still look awake), and I even saw one nut getting the whites of his eyeballs tattooed blue! That's gotta hurt (or he's using some good anesthetic :lol:)!

Still, this being Star Wars, they probably have some kind of advanced, sub dermal, pain free spray gun that blows the pigment directly under the skin (without a needle). Plus the Kiffar seem to do this to their toddlers (and I thought kids cry hard when they get immunized).

do you have tut on how you added the long hair to the character or how to change the hair at all? or a link to one that already exists?

Actually, I used the Dopak head model so that I could get the pony tail. Then in gmax I moved the model's verticies around to alter the beard (instead of the goatee). Then I used Taina's Replacer tool (there are plenty of tut's if you use the search feature) to convert the ascii model.

Well, it seems pretty clear that everyone (who has posted their opinion) seems to like the first two and the last two options. I was chatting with Logan, and we both agree which ones (that we think) are the strongest two: the top row, left side; & the last row, right side. One is a continuation of Logan's original concept sketch, and the other is a new one that I came up with. What they have in common, is that they don't cover any of Drayen's facial wrinkles, so it keeps his air of wisdom intact, and his personality will show through (especially around the eyes). At the same time, they're both in the Kiffar style, and avoid Sith style tats.

To help us decide, I've made a few in-game screenies:

Show spoiler
wipquandrayentattoostop.jpg

Sorry about using such a wide picture. I guess I'm spoiled by my 24" iMac :D.

First one IMO, suits the Kiffar style more

There is no "Kiffar" style, as the children are tattooed at birth, using the same tattoo style as their mother's side. (except in the case of Quinlon's son. Because the mom wasn't a Kiffar, the son took on Quinlon's tattoos.) So if Drayen's mom had tattoos like that, then he would have the same tattoo style on his face.

There is no "Kiffar" style, as the children are tattooed at birth, using the same tattoo style as their mother's side. (except in the case of Quinlon's son. Because the mom wasn't a Kiffar, the son took on Quinlon's tattoos.) So if Drayen's mom had tattoos like that, then he would have the same tattoo style on his face.

Good point. I guess when I said "Kiffar style", I was thinking of the monochromatic, large blocky areas with some stripes type tats that seem to be common to most of the Kiffu Guardians (as seen primarily in the Republic comics). The only Kiffars I've seen that have a different style tat, are Sintas Vel & her daughter Ailyn Vel. A couple of other Guardians have pointy areas (like Droo Rawk & Teph).

The big thing, of course, is to avoid tribal styles (jagged, cutting, blade like lines), since they seem to be used by the Sith.

here is a screen shot of Cain & Quan Drayen in thier normal clothes:

Show spoiler
wipcainquanclothes1.jpg

Cain's is just the in-game Sith outfit, but at least you can see how I've modified his head model (less plump :xp:).

In contrast, Quan's outfit is the Sith assassin model, but re-skinned to be Jedi colours (neutral earth tones), with a bit of padded body armour (inspired by Kiffu Guardians and Quinlan Vos). I've made a new symbol for the shoulders, since he is not a member of Clan Vos.

I really wanted these two to be visual opposites of each other. Even their eyes are different (Quan's green vs Cain's red). I think it's funny though, that they both part their hair the same way :D.

Quan's facial tattoos still aren't finalized.

• 2 weeks later...

well, I was working on a new head for Dagos Nimablu this weekend. I also made a quick set of clothing for him. I was just looking at it before posting, and thought "it's too dark for him and his light skin." Let me know what you think.

Show spoiler
dagosnimablu.jpg

I've just got to do some underwear for him (and also some for Quan Drayen), and then he's done.

Archived