Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

well, I was working on a new head for Dagos Nimablu this weekend. I also made a quick set of clothing for him. I was just looking at it before posting, and thought "it's too dark for him and his light skin." Let me know what you think.

You might be right about the clash between light and dark there. The glossy part at the top of the leather part of his robes seems to be lit up by his head, as well.

Interesting use of ol' Zez.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone!

I want to first off and say WOW Dagos look amazing!!

As you can see from Redrob41 work, what some of your party members will look like.

I will like to announce that we have started the pre-beta of RoR. There will be 4 pre-beta sections of the game and then the full game in Beta testing. I have to say pre-beta has been very useful.

Pre-beta is a fully playable section of the game/Mod where the testers are looking for bugs, as well as content issues. This will allow me to tweak content/ quests, etc after getting feedback from players who will enter it fresh. This allows me to see if there is any confusion in the game in the sense of what to do next. The Feedback has been very helpful and it can be used to help me in my next pre-beta section of the game.

I want to thank my testers for taking their time to play through the section of the mod.

I will have some pics later this week or weekend on the 2nd pre-beta.

Next....

Developer’s Blog 2.0

In my last Blog I mentioned one on story. Before I start I want to talk about kotor1 and kotor2. Both games had a great story but both also had flaws. In kotor1 you got the traditional star wars story with a nice twist. In kotor2 you got a deeper personal story but you never really feel like you connect to the Exile like you did with Revan. In both of these games they brought something great to the table.

When I started RoR I didn’t want to make it as if I just drop the idea of what happen to Revan and the Exile since they are corner stones in the kotor universe. I also didn’t want the Mod to be about all the former party members since it would lack originality.

What I have learned is you start with something familiar when building a story. You can have cameos of past characters and talk about past events in kotor1/2 but then you must build your own chapter. Once you bring in the audience into your world then you can shift the story to new directions like kotor2 did. The story’s execution and dialogues are constantly being tweaked in pre-beta to make the game better and flow with more ease. To create a compelling story you need party members and other characters to help bring them to life and to help the player to connect with the PC so they care about what they do in this world of kotor. I will expand on this topic on my next Developer’s Blog……

MORE TO COME......

Logan

You might be right about the clash between light and dark there.

To combat the dark colour of the robe, I changed them to be similar to Arca Jeth's robe. Even though Arca Jeth was an Arkanian, and Dagos is an Arkanian Offshoot (and the two subspecies don't necessarily get along), I figured that the colour scheme was appropriate. This is the result:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
dagosnimablu2.jpg

The glossy part at the top of the leather part of his robes seems to be lit up by his head, as well.

I didn't notice that before. Now that I look at it though, it kinda makes sense, because his white skin should reflect more ambient light than tan skin. Still, it might be a tad too strong a highlight. I'll probably reduce the level of contrast on the grey shoulder area (so it doesn't look like a bad case of dandruff :xp:).

Interesting use of ol' Zez.

Yeah, it was Logan23's idea from the start to use Zez-Kai Ell, 'cause the mustache is similar to Camper :vik5:. I just tried to make Dagos look more unique: I got rid of the earings, narrowed the nose & chin, and gave him a little more thinning hair on top (still has a bald spot in the back tho ;)).

but quick question you said the your gender will decide what jedi you meet what does that mean

If your PC is female you will get Dagos later in the game.

If your PC is male then you get Aria Feara later in the game.

Both Characters are lost jedi but their personalities are different.

replay value:thmbup1:

Logan

I've been following this thread on and off from over half a year ago. It's been nice to see that serious progress is being made, I'm really looking forward to trying out the mod.

I considered offering help, but I don't have expertise or a good theatrical voice.

Edit: Yeah, I forgot. A question. Is the main character voiced? I found that was a detriment in KotOR 2.

would be hardly worth the time and effort

I meant the simple, standard VOs: unlocking doors, performing feats in battle, switching characters etc. But I can understand if not.

And, enough activity in this thread to get two replies in a few hours. Eeeeeexcellent. =)

I meant the simple, standard VOs: unlocking doors, performing feats in battle, switching characters etc. But I can understand if not.

And, enough activity in this thread to get two replies in a few hours. Eeeeeexcellent. =)

theres a simple mod that adds player soundsets to the game for KotOR 2 with the use of the save game editor

Hey Logan! I have posted on your wetpaint site a few times under the same name that I have here. And I am so excited about this project, bc it seems that with most TC mods out there, they travel outside of canon. Your mod looks to be as if it is a professionally made brand new Kotor game. I have only one problem. I think you should attempt to have as much voice acting as possible. I'm positive that if you were to post a request for voice actors, an overwhelming amount of people would beg to audition (Me being one of those people :D).

Just my opinion. ;)

@JuniorModder: Not to dim your positivenessly nice post. But most people aren't decent actors. Reading in lines does take work and good equipment, most ordinary people don't have the tools, nor the talent.

Perhaps Logan is afraid ( not sure of this, so correct me if I'm wrong here) that the quality us few fans can do is going to stick out ugly against the games.

BoS:SR a good mod for k1 had voiced characters, though, sometimes it was just not that great... its a real mixed bag. Often its better to have a mute then to have some crazy voice.

Yeah, if this was VO'd corrected it would def. be great.

Anyway, if the main character is going to be VO'd like in K1, then I'm all for it! I disliked that about TSL. Anyway:

@Redrob: I like the new robs for Zez Dagos, and think that it's a great reskin for a character! The skin is almost -only almost- too pale, but as it's an Arkanian offshoot I think I'll forgive you.... this time. :xp:

@Logan: Good luck with the pre-beta test (Dare I tempt fate and call it an Alpha test? :xp:) and here's to hoping that section 1 goes on without any major incidents!

Yeah, if this was VO'd corrected it would def. be great.

Anyway, if the main character is going to be VO'd like in K1, then I'm all for it! I disliked that about TSL. Anyway:

@Redrob: I like the new robs for Zez Dagos, and think that it's a great reskin for a character! The skin is almost -only almost- too pale, but as it's an Arkanian offshoot I think I'll forgive you.... this time. :xp:

@Logan: Good luck with the pre-beta test (Dare I tempt fate and call it an Alpha test? :xp:) and here's to hoping that section 1 goes on without any major incidents!

those were merely player soundsets

Hey everyone!

@Logan: Good luck with the pre-beta test (Dare I tempt fate and call it an Alpha test? ) and here's to hoping that section 1 goes on without any major incidents!

Thanks for your support:)

The first one went well. There were some bugs that i already knew about and there was also some content that needed to be more clearly stated which items like this is what makes pre-beta so great. I get feed back from players which is gold that can be used to make the game even better.

Hey Logan! I have posted on your wetpaint site a few times under the same name that I have here. And I am so excited about this project, bc it seems that with most TC mods out there, they travel outside of canon. Your mod looks to be as if it is a professionally made brand new Kotor game. I have only one problem. I think you should attempt to have as much voice acting as possible. I'm positive that if you were to post a request for voice actors, an overwhelming amount of people would beg to audition (Me being one of those people ).

Just my opinion.

Thanks!

As for the VOs- I'm building my strategy to deal with VO production by using friends I know in person who will do VOs here and there in the mod. From this I will be looking for VOs after the pre-beta is done since there might be some dialogue changes after the play through.

I will be seeking VOs a little different then other mods...

The first pool will be auditions for major characters and party members for the mod.

The second pool will be a collection of VO samples sent to me. I will listen to their voice and tone and see which part would be good for them. They will then be confirmed and sent the lines to VO. The reason behind this is to point people in the direction of their natural voice and talking style vs making everyone everyone try to be someone else.

ex. If a person has more upbeat voice then I would ask them to be a upbeat npc that you might meet in a cantina or on the street.

ex. If you have inflections in your voice then I would give you a part where the NPC is cautious in asking for help with something.

This is my VO model at the present time. I will open up VO sample later after pre-beta is finished.

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

Sign me up! (When you can, of course)

Another thing to think about, is you can alter a voice in programs like audacity, and have it still sound realistic. I've done it before. You can also alter it to sound like droids, and to sound like the speaker is wearing a facemask or helmet (like Mandalore). You can probably get someone to do that for you. :)

Edit: I can do protocol droids for ya ;).

Archived