Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mighty fine work man. Kudos for you. Great diversity.

That's some nice variations of the normal heads. Great job redrob ;)

Thanks, diversity is the name of the game (well, the name is Revenge of Revan, but you get the idea :D)

That's a lot of heads... nice work!

so far, there are 43 female heads (compared to the original 17) with more to come.

Nice video RR...I like the Chiss

Thanks. I like blue skin just as much as the next fan.

Despite the fact that some models are used more than once, the way you skinned them made that at least somewhat less noticeable. Very nice work on these.

Yeah, it was tricky trying to use each model as few times as possible, as well, that I didn't repeat the same one too soon after itself (in the line-up that is)

Are you going to add the "hooks"(or whatever the exact term is), to allow the Twi'lek models you use to allow them to wear masks?

I'd tried a few times, and I'll keep trying right up until it works, or the mod gets released. I also want to re-model the male heads so that they don't have that big sac under their chins (but the male Twi'lek head model doesn't like Taina's replacer :()

It is so awesome to see those heads ingame (sort of :D ). This level of customization is going to really push things to a new level.

10/10 Excellent work mate.

it'd take way too long to do in-game play video of 43 characters. I need all that time to work the ol' Photoshop magic :D

yea those are nice man good job, lots of choices and by any chance you also making males heads to? just curious, does anyone have any already made now?

thanks. I already mentioned that the video for the male heads should be coming soon ;)

you already mentioned the custom headgear for the miralurka covering the eye sockets, will the head model / species have any other impacts on actual gameplay?

I haven't made any custom headgear yet... but I will. It shouldn't be too hard to spawn a locker with the item in it at the beginning of the game. You'll have to collect it and equip it, but I don't think I'll be able to have it already on the head during the appearance selection screens.

Other impacts will be the force vision in first person view.

Am I hearing this right?

If you don't trust your ears, then trust your eyes (watch the video and count 'em :D). The "more to come" mainly refers to Twi'leks, but who knows :raise:, maybe I'll be able to squeeze more in there :) (given enough time of course).

If you don't trust your ears, then trust your eyes (watch the video and count 'em :D). The "more to come" mainly refers to Twi'leks, but who knows :raise:, maybe I'll be able to squeeze more in there :) (given enough time of course).

Not to impose, but would it be possible to have one or two heads that are Chromian(a species of my own design, that used in my writing)? I don't know if there are plans to mention the character's species, or homeworld at all, but...

I can send you a few specifics on their appearance(which isn't very much), if you wish. Even a skin I did would probably help you get a better idea of the species(its for a model in K1).

If you don't trust your ears, then trust your eyes (watch the video and count 'em :D). The "more to come" mainly refers to Twi'leks, but who knows :wonder:, maybe I'll be able to squeeze more in there :) (given enough time of course).
No I mean like, thats a lot of heads. I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this. :confused: If I play this, I'll be on there for hours deciding what head to use for my first playthrough. :confused: (Maybe a male Chiss, who knows?)

I can send you a few specifics on their appearance(which isn't very much), if you wish. Even a skin I did would probably help you get a better idea if it(its for a model in K1).

I did some sleuthing... are you referring to your Renae Kauvo mod? While she does look cool, I think that we're going to be sticking to canon alien species. That being said, I did find a really obscure alien that sounded cool (The Kalzerians). They only have a brief description, and no images, but I had a little fun with 'em. I didn't make any skins in time for the female head video, but you'll see three in the male heads video. I mention 'em because they have similar eyes: black sclera (the "whites") with yellow irises.

As for the Chromians, has Logan23 read your fan fic?

No I mean like, thats a lot of heads. I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this. :confused: If I play this, I'll be on there for hours deciding what head to use for my first playthrough. :confused: (Maybe a male Chiss, who knows?)

:lol: yeah, I think a lot of people are gonna have that option overload syndrome - "too. many. choices... can't. decide."

Be forewarned LDR, the male head video just might blow your mind. All I'll say for now is... 56 :brow:

I did some sleuthing... are you referring to your Renae Kauvo mod?

Indeed. Only thing is the fact that in the story, she's never referred to as having a "human" skin-tone(which she has in the mod), instead always having pale-white skin, or close to it. A sort of low-level ret-con of sorts, which carried on to the entire species. That, and in the second half of the story(that being Rise Of Darkness), she's supposed to have fangs(not entirely related to Vampires, but very close), which I'd love to edit the model to have that(if that is possible), but being as the character doesn't speak, or have any facial animations(at least concerning the mouth), its a bit redundant.

Can't say I know if he has.

Hey,

Those are a lot of heads to choose from and can't wait to see the males:)

I have not read the fan fic but i will see if i can read some of them later this week.

Not to impose, but would it be possible to have one or two heads that are Chromian(a species of my own design, that used in my writing)? I don't know if there are plans to mention the character's species, or homeworld at all, but...

As Redrob41 mentioned all the alien heads will be cannon aliens.

You can always make a mod where you place in the new PC/Chromian species in the selectable heads on your own.

I would be honored if people actually took new PC mod heads and created them as well as other mods to be used in RoR just like people do for kotor2.

I would post more but i have to get some sleep its after midnight. Nite all

logan

Those are a lot of heads to choose from and can't wait to see the males:)

well, wait no longer. Since I had some appointments this morning, I took the day off work, and had the whole afternoon to record & edit video. The evening was quiet around the house, so I could make voice overs without interruption.

so, here is part two of the playable characters:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Enjoy :)

Wow.

After reading the threads latest posts, and then reflecting on what is going on....

The scope of this project is - MASSIVE. I finally get what you are doing, even the it has been staring me in the face (in the graphical title of your project) since it began.

And you guys are doing it as a genuine dev team, albeit on a DIY'ers timeframe.

Have a beverage on me! :guiness:

The variety of the heads is indeed head-spinning (sorry) redrob, and of the excellent quality I have come to expect from your work. Kudos!

You're killing me!

Success!! :xp:

Haha, redrob was having fun with the Rattataki beards methinks ;D great stuff, the Kalzerians (or w/e they were called >_>) looked pretty awesome.

yeah, it was tough to come up with different weird beards, but in the end, they were a riot

56 humans, besides twileks?? That's amazing, lot's of choices, and some of the models are very well done.

The Kalzerians are very interessting, well done redrob ;)

thanks. Those Kalzerians just kinda sparked my imagination when I read the description. What with all the pale faced ivory, I figured I needed some ebony to balance 'em out. The DS eyes will be brighter yellow iris, with completely black sclera.

I'm gonna have a hard time choosing, hehe!:thmbup1:

Or you'll just have to play through multiple times ;)

dude that is sweet plenty of heads, now will there also be more to the customization such has the body build and height?

While it isn't impossible to do, it would be a whole ton of extra work. In Kotor 1, the scout, scoundrel & soldier body models were three different sizes. But, in TSL, they only kept all the medium size models. There are a few other sizes sprinkled in (like the K1 style Jedi robes for large males, but not small or medium), but not enough to retro fit the three sizes for every model. If someone had the time, they would have to make copies of each body model (that'd be around 20) and scale the mesh, bones, and helpers. Then they'd have to save them as the small and large versions. That's a little too much work for me right now, since I'm still trying to get lots of other things done.

Besides, the difference in size isn't very noticeable (at least to me). I only ever notice it when I'm making screenshots, or modding. When I'm in game, I'm too busy having fun dueling dark Jedi to notice how tall my character is.

After reading the threads latest posts, and then reflecting on what is going on....

The scope of this project is - MASSIVE. I finally get what you are doing, even the it has been staring me in the face (in the graphical title of your project) since it began.

yeah, I sometimes have to stop and reflect that over 2 1/2 years ago, I was asked to do a single character (Nindo). But, because of Logan's dedication and the way he inspires the mod contributors, I've just kept on making more and more characters. Now I'm in the hundreds. It's been a huge chunk of my spare time, but the results will be well worth the effort.

Keep the comments coming :D

Hey,

Those male heads look awesome! I don't know which head i would play as....

We've GOT to change that chargen music needs something more appealing to a return of the jedi.

Now that you mentioned I did start looking at the ingame music and see If i can create a loop from one of those and place it into the music slot for the character generator part. Will let everyone know what I find.

dude that is sweet plenty of heads, now will there also be more to the customization such has the body build and height?

There will be no changes in body sizes since it would add to much to production time and will yield to little in impact to a player experience of the game. A cool idea but just to much time for to little.

Wow.

Thank you,

Myself and the rest of the team are taking this project on like a true professional. I am pleased to hear that others also see this team as being a genuine developer team.

Even though in these type of projects people don't like to have an end date, we do have milestone points that help us focus on getting the project on the road to testing and release. We do not want this to become a game like Duke Nukem Forever ( for those who don't know the story about this game,..it was the sequel that never happen since they took years to decide on the structure then changed it and...it never made it far..and even today it still lingers if it will ever be completed...and its a reminder in the game industry that there is a time when you must say ok, no more big changes this is what we are doing.)

As for those who have been wondering about release dates...I have some idea when but with a project like this i don't want to say anything till I can pin it down more solid. Once I do have this pinned down to the month of target release it, I will let you guys know.:thmbup1:

I will say in the coming months you will see even more surprises as we keep moving in the direction of getting the game's Demo to the Public.

Redrob41, thanks for the new Sig!

MORE TO COME.......

Logan

now how is the entire buddy system working i mean with ur allies will it be more free more people to choose from or will it be like just a certain 10? and also will i be able to turn them all into jedi or dark jedi? i liked that fact in TSL when i could turn them to dark jedi

Wow, I guess I need to stay more active on this forum, I just realized I missed 2 months of progress on this... and DAMN! Very nice stuff guys!

RedRob: As always, I'm highly impressed.

Logan: Looks like the mod is continuing it's tradition of quality.

Anyway, good job to the dev team on this and good luck with the next few steps, I can't imagine QA is going to be fun :xp:

Archived