Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Logan and Redrob, you've done an absolutely amazing job on this mod (from what I've seen) :thmbup1:. I know exactly how hard it is to mod, I personally work as a 2d artist/texturer/skinner for a Medieval II: Total War mod (called First Age: Total War - Dawn of Middle Earth for those who are interested :) )

I'm also the PR officer of our modteam, and know what kind of effort a mod team, especially the team lead, needs to put into this kind of a project. I have lurked here and followed your progress with great anticipation for a very long time and decided to post now for the first time.

I'm a guy who normally likes to draw, paint and sketch things - hell. I'm an artistic soul I'd say :) So to keep the flame burning here, your mod inspired me to paint something straight into Photoshop (normally I draw by hand first and then scan it -> paint it later, now I painted it straight into Photoshop)

I hope you will enjoy it in the spoilertag below :) I believe you should recognize the character :thmbup1:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

29906_431711361969_510781969_6146272_4399386_n.jpg

p.s

If anyone wonders about the tag there, it's my artistical name. Technically my real name translated into the elven language Quenya (made by Tolkien)

Show spoiler

Wow ! That could be used as a loadscreen or something for RoR ! You're talented mate ! Anyway, glad to find another LotR fan !

And back to the subject, Logan, will you be releasing a beta or a short demo of your work-so-far ? Because if you are, I think that it will attract MANY visitors to the thread and the project.

I can't wait for the finale!

The Corellian King looks awesome, and the players underwear does look a little like underarmour.

yeah, I figured that under armour would be the way to go. Jedi may try to resolve problems diplomatically, but in the end, they are still athletes. That old burlap sack that the Exile wears is probably whatever she could afford after living on the move for so long :lol:

King looks great...maybe though do something with the black undergarment btwn the head and robe.

any specific suggestions? Is it too dark, too similar to the original, just not detailed enough, or something else?

I'm also the PR officer of our modteam, and know what kind of effort a mod team, especially the team lead, needs to put into this kind of a project. I have lurked here and followed your progress with great anticipation for a very long time and decided to post now for the first time.

Welcome to the forums. Thanks for the kind words, I hope to hear more from you in the future :)

I'm a guy who normally likes to draw, paint and sketch things - hell. I'm an artistic soul I'd say :) So to keep the flame burning here, your mod inspired me to paint something straight into Photoshop ...

Show spoiler

Thanks for sharing, that pic is definitely inspiring :D. I'm always glad to hear from a fellow artist, 'cause I know how just how much a creative person needs to express themselves how ever they can.

Well Logan and Redrob, you've done an absolutely amazing job on this mod (from what I've seen) :thmbup1:. I know exactly how hard it is to mod, I personally work as a 2d artist/texturer/skinner for a Medieval II: Total War mod (called First Age: Total War - Dawn of Middle Earth for those who are interested :) )

I'm a guy who normally likes to draw, paint and sketch things - hell. I'm an artistic soul I'd say :) So to keep the flame burning here, your mod inspired me to paint something straight into Photoshop (normally I draw by hand first and then scan it -> paint it later, now I painted it straight into Photoshop)

I hope you will enjoy it in the spoilertag below :) I believe you should recognize the character :thmbup1:

Show spoiler

p.s

If anyone wonders about the tag there, it's my artistical name. Technically my real name translated into the elven language Quenya (made by Tolkien)

How did you do that? It looks awesome. I like the gold trim on Revan's robe as opposed to the regular silver version.

-AX

On another note, will each character have their own unique saber or will modders need to create another usm.

I think that each character will have his/her own custom lightsaber, I really don't know though, RedRob or Logan could probably answer that more specifically.

Hey,

@Relwyn: Your artwork is amazing!!! Great job!

If by fixed you mean the cape no longer clips than yes I have fixed that problem.

Great to here:)

I think that each character will have his/her own custom lightsaber, I really don't know though, RedRob or Logan could probably answer that more specifically.

certain party members like Cain and Liana both start with a lightsaber of a certain form/style = a certain skin for the hilt.

The skin of the hilt will represent the style or form of the saber.

You can change Cain and liana's saber form/style progression which means a different saber hilt skin.

Show spoiler Question from Nick Vader

Show spoiler
How will Revan interact with the main plot ? And how do you plan on solving the porting problem with his model ?

Like someone said before there is no porting issue since it is already in the kotor2 game files.

As for the other question...I can not answer since it would give away some of the game/story......I will say you will meet and talk to a living Revan and he will have a larger part then what was shown in kotor2.

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

wow i have been out of it for while yea i cant wait till i got some time to do some of this stuff i ship to navy basic in oct of 2010 for ctt hopefully they put me in computer programming for my c school after my a school =D id love that but logan if u don't mind i might not be around when the demo is released and if so send it to me via a link if u can by a message plz. but i cant wait till i can actuallyg et involved.

just a couple of Twi'lek screenies. I've upgraded the head skins to 512 x 512 pixels, which allows for a lot of detail. Enjoy :D

Holonet news anchor's outfit:

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=557&pictureid=6908

Twin Apprentices:

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=557&pictureid=6999

I've also made a bunch of playable Twi'leks. There will be 12 different colours for both males & females, and each colour will come in 2 optional head wear styles. That makes a total of 48 heads.

Hey Logan, I noticed in your videos some certain dialog issues that seem to be uniform in any mod that has dialog that I've downloaded. This is just a suggestion but I feel that its the little things that contribute to the professionalism of mods that increases their appeal.

The dialog options (Persuade, Intelligence, Diplomatic, Aggressive) have always preceded the dialog option within these symbols: [,] as opposed to these symbols: (,)

E.G. When it said (use force power) in the video, it should have said [Force Persuade]

Also, a lot of things in the mod need to be uniformly capitalized like Force, Jedi, Sith, and Mandalorian.

1 other thing -

Right now I'm attempting to play through Trex's Jedi Masters Mod and I've noticed that some of the NPCs are ridiculously overpowered and the maps still say the reskinned planet's original name and points of interest.

Is it possible to change the maps, first of all, and second are their any overpowered NPCs in RoR?

just a couple of Twi'lek screenies. I've upgraded the head skins to 512 x 512 pixels, which allows for a lot of detail. Enjoy :D

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=557&pictureid=6908

Twin Apprentices:

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=557&pictureid=6999

I've also made a bunch of playable Twi'leks. There will be 12 different colours for both males & females, and each colour will come in 2 optional head wear styles. That makes a total of 48 heads.

The Tattoos could be a shade darker, they look a little faint. Unless it's just the screen shot. Otherwise fantastic work as always. :thmbup1:

Hey everyone!

just a couple of Twi'lek screenies. I've upgraded the head skins to 512 x 512 pixels, which allows for a lot of detail. Enjoy

Show spoiler

Twin Apprentices:

Show spoiler

The Sith lord's Apprentices look great!

The new reporter looks now like a news person..nice job:thmbup1:

Hey Logan, I noticed in your videos some certain dialog issues that seem to be uniform in any mod that has dialog that I've downloaded. This is just a suggestion but I feel that its the little things that contribute to the professionalism of mods that increases their appeal.

This will be resolved right before beta testing. The Aggressive and Diplomat options will be placed before the dialogue itself so players know the intent of the choice to limit any chance of a player skimming the options and missing the comment if its at the end of the dlg choice.

Also, a lot of things in the mod need to be uniformly capitalized like Force, Jedi, Sith, and Mandalorian.

Thanks, I expect be making tweaks like that to the dialogue as the beta team and i are playing the game and come across what you mentioned here.

1 other thing -

Right now I'm attempting to play through Trex's Jedi Masters Mod and I've noticed that some of the NPCs are ridiculously overpowered and the maps still say the reskinned planet's original name and points of interest.

Is it possible to change the maps, first of all, and second are their any overpowered NPCs in RoR?

I know what your talking about, i have also played The Jedi Master's Mod.

There will be not over powerful NPCs that can do one hit kills on you. The game if anything might lean on the easy side due the kotor2's natural balance system. I plan to have the bosses tough but fair since i want you the player to feel the challenge but not get frustrated.

As for the mini maps and points of interests...you will see the RoR name of the module and the point of interest will be only RoR not kotor2.

You will find that RoR will have Journal entries, party member cut scenes and interactions, (fingers cross for no bugs= goal), and a nice fun flow to the game. All features will be introduced to the player so you will know why these options are there.

I will have some pics up later this week or next weekend.

I am also hoping to have an announcement for you guys early August.

MORE TO COME..........

Logan

Wow, it feels like you're making a whole new game. I saw the video on how many heads RedRob41 did. I am amazed! Keep up the outstanding work guys!

They are making a whole new game... that is why this project is too cool for school!

RedRob41's work is still getting *better* - great screens!

Archived