Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

I've been watching the progress you've been making for this game over the past few months and I am very excited about what I've seen. With the mmo taking place 300 years in the future I'm looking forward to your work on seeing how the story wraps up for the characters we've know from the first 2 games. Amazing work!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see the progress that has been done so far. The pics are nice, and it seems we're going to have a great playing time for RoR.

The reskins are amazing, Redrob surely knows his away around skins :D

A small question though (if this has already been asked, sorry, my bad): are you going to have VO's for every character (including NPC's and commoners), or are you only making them for the main characters?

Keep up the great work :thmbup1:

Nice to see the progress that has been done so far. The pics are nice, and it seems we're going to have a great playing time for RoR.

The reskins are amazing, Redrob surely knows his away around skins

A small question though (if this has already been asked, sorry, my bad): are you going to have VO's for every character (including NPC's and commoners), or are you only making them for the main characters?

Keep up the great work

The short answer is yes. All the NPCs will have VOs but in Demo 1.0 and even 2.0 not all NPCs or party members will have Voices since we might not have cast'd the actor or actress for the part. All aliens will have their VOS,..I'm actually placing them all in as we speak. I will know more on the percentage of human VOs for the Demo 1.0 but i can say Master Drayen will have a Voice.

Logan

...all those look amazing. The dance club looks a little too similar to the original one from TSL, but no matter. Everything else looked very unique!

Seconded. I feel a little bit persnickety, but you guys are making a monster mod, so maybe this is a suggestion worth considering?

The cantinas and "dance clubs" in the game always seem very drab, dull, boring places to be. Completely the opposite of this galaxy's nightclubs, which are vibrant, usually have lighting effects going on, decorations and oddities.

Of course, some of those things are more difficult than others to mod-in, game wise. I think it might be difficult to figure out an emitter to emulate a LED par can, conversely it is easier to skin in a little new look here, a little bit there or there to freshen the skin.

This, in my opinion, would be a loooow priority optional add-in, time allowing (considering in-place team goals), but would be a pleasant bit of added immersion, and eye-candy, to go along with the fantastic new and improved work you have already done so much of.

Speaking of which, I just looked at logan's last post as a logged in user and not just lurking, so I saw the screens - everything is eye-popping texture and color wise, the game looks much refreshed. It is either the quality of the GPU of the screenshotter, or you guys are ahead of the curve!

:liam

I want to first wish Redrob41 a very relaxing vacation. :thmbup1:

As you can see from Redrob41's post that he was done a lot of new characters...its truly mind blowing!!!

Thanks Logan. I'm just checking in from a little B&B on Haida Gwaii (AKA the Queen Charlotte Islands), just off the coast of BC, and south of Alaska.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
k200568.jpg

Show spoiler
k200551.jpg

Show spoiler
k200550.jpg

Show spoiler
k200558.jpg

Show spoiler
k200561.jpg

Show spoiler
k200597.jpg

Show spoiler
k200578.jpg

Show spoiler
k200577.jpg

Those screenies look great Logan. I see you picked one of the Twi'leks as the Padawan ;) but the purple one in the dance club needs some clothes in the uti :lol: (I hope I didn't forget to e-mail you the Twi'lek version of the dancer model and textures :doh:).

I can't tell if the armoured Jedi robes (that Kyle is wearing) has the bare metal shader or not. I didn't test it before I left, so I was wondering if you got it to work? I see that the Rodian Jedi's eyes are sparkling the way I wanted them :).

Is it me or does Drayen look like Duncan from Dragon Age?

:lol: I made Drayen's face long before I played Dragon Age, but it is kind of a coincedence.

The cantinas and "dance clubs" in the game always seem very drab, dull, boring places to be. Completely the opposite of this galaxy's nightclubs, which are vibrant, usually have lighting effects going on, decorations and oddities.

Of course, some of those things are more difficult than others to mod-in, game wise. I think it might be difficult to figure out an emitter to emulate a LED par can, conversely it is easier to skin in a little new look here, a little bit there or there to freshen the skin.

When I get back, I'll see what I can do in the way of an animated placeable that looks like laser lights. I'm thinking that something like the flickering lightsaber blades would work, but mapped onto a flat model the size of the room, and placed along the ceiling. A few placeable glowing screens along the top of the room might spruce it up a bit too.

Hey everyone,

Those screenies look great Logan. I see you picked one of the Twi'leks as the Padawan but the purple one in the dance club needs some clothes in the uti (I hope I didn't forget to e-mail you the Twi'lek version of the dancer model and textures ).

Thanks!

No the twilik in her underwear was me not placing clothing on the utc/npc. I have fixed it.

I can't tell if the armoured Jedi robes (that Kyle is wearing) has the bare metal shader or not. I didn't test it before I left, so I was wondering if you got it to work? I see that the Rodian Jedi's eyes are sparkling the way I wanted them .

I have not placed in the robes you sent me. Will be placing them in next weekend. I agree the Rodian Jedi Master look great!

What i can do is check the module in gmax and find which section is that area and then change the lightmaps color for that section and hex edit them. This will give a new color to the lights which i can match in the tga file. Like you stated it will be something that can be played with during testing.

Speaking of which, I just looked at logan's last post as a logged in user and not just lurking, so I saw the screens - everything is eye-popping texture and color wise, the game looks much refreshed. It is either the quality of the GPU of the screenshotter, or you guys are ahead of the curve!

The pictures had their levels changed in photoshop so they are not so dark but other that what you see in the pics is how it looks ingame.

I agree that having all new Pc heads especially alien ones have made me feel like this is not kotor2 but a new kotor game. :)

Logan

Hey everyone sry i have been out of it, the pictures do look freaking sweet good job guys, i love the progress of this game and i got 2 months till basic then my schools, also i have been hanging with my gf alot so i have had my hands full lol. like i said though the picture r great, i got one question though or maybe a suggestion i think it would be funny or entertaining to have a playble species othre than humans, u can use ones u see as jedi or sith, this also may be far fetched but idk if it is true if their is a certain species that tend to be sith then if u r that character maybe u can start with a darker side points gain or something just a idea. i can explain better if need to.

There are other species heads in head selections of the mod.

I can only think about 2 races that tend for one race - Jedi, and for the other - Sith. These 2 races are Miraluka and Zabrak. Miraluka tend to be Jedi but the Zabrak tend to be Sith but Zabrak Sith are rare though.

thanks but i dont need it lol i mean it is good to look at and i am just saying it would be awesome to have like a dark jedi character as a different species that is essentialy sith or jedi whichever you want to be going into the game. that would be fun option to have instead of always being a freaking human.

Hey, I'm back from my vacation, and ready to get back to work on RoR :D. One thing though, I'm going to try and cut down my hours, so that I can actually get a full nights sleep every day :lol:.

No the twilik in her underwear was me not placing clothing on the utc/npc. I have fixed it.

once you've gone through and set up the appearances and items for each utc file, you can send them to me, and I'll add them to the TSLPatcher set up.

I have not placed in the robes you sent me. Will be placing them in next weekend.

:thumbsup: ditto for the uti files to get added to the set up.

that would be fun option to have instead of always being a freaking human.

well, so far, we've got playable Humans, Arkanians, Offshoots, Chiss, Echani, Kalzerians, Kiffar, Miraluka, Mirialans, Rattataki, Zeltrons, Twi'leks, and male Devaronians (maybe females as well, later). IF I can re-model more heads, I'll probably add more alien species, but there are NO guarantees. Plus, they can only be species that can make use of the existing armour and robe models, so exotically shaped species (like Wookiees, Quarren, Rodian, etc) are unfortunately out. Zabraks and Cathar are still iffy, and on my list, but I can't make ANY promises.

well, so far, we've got playable Humans, Arkanians, Offshoots, Chiss, Echani, Kalzerians, Kiffar, Miraluka, Mirialans, Rattataki, Zeltrons, Twi'leks, and male Devaronians (maybe females as well, later). IF I can re-model more heads, I'll probably add more alien species, but there are NO guarantees. Plus, they can only be species that can make use of the existing armour and robe models, so exotically shaped species (like Wookiees, Quarren, Rodian, etc) are unfortunately out. Zabraks and Cathar are still iffy, and on my list, but I can't make ANY promises.

Are you even human? Like :cyb3: maybe?

-AX

Are you even human? Like :cyb3: maybe?

-AX

^^Hehe I agree there. I would guess that you would have everyone pleased with the heads you have now - as I've said before here I'm going to have a hard time choosing as it is. I can't wait to see the rest of the heads finished up though :)

Can't wait to see some more pics in the future...

well ty redrob i was just curious to see if i could be another species at some point and i can so that ROCKS but only males im not worried about having 50 different species 4 or 5 is fine just so there is a wider option and i personially think now the females should be worked on so we can have those solved and be each gender for all species u can be. but RLY GOOD WORK MAN id do it myself or help u but i dont know how and im not getting into anything cuz navy is teaching my some high tech stuff so if i ever have time in the future ill gladyly learn and help out with what i know.

but good job everybody i have been here a while and progress is great i cant wait to play this game!!

well ty redrob i was just curious to see if i could be another species at some point and i can so that ROCKS but only males im not worried about having 50 different species 4 or 5 is fine just so there is a wider option and i personially think now the females should be worked on so we can have those solved and be each gender for all species u can be.

it's only the Devaronians that are currently male only, all other playable species already have both males & females. I thought you'd already seen the videos I made? Just in case, here are the links to the posts:

female: http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2724569&postcount=820

male: http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2725075&postcount=837

The videos don't show the Twi'leks, but there are 24 male & 24 female.

the females have tiny, circular bumps on their foreheads where horns would be, but they never grow long. They also have furry skin all over, and it comes in a variety of shades. If I were to make some heads, I'd have to re-model the ears to be pointy, and try to make the hair a little crazier. The fur and horn spots would be done with the texture. The hardest part is deciding which base head models to use as a starting point (since I've already got so many doubles).

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Devaronian

specific character examples:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aven%27sai%27Ulrahk

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jeisel

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kee_(smuggler)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Maladi

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Brinaloy_N%27Vaari

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Elsah%27sai%27Moro

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vien%27sai%27Malloc

edit: yeah sorry, just call me red-overly-meticulous-rob41 :xp:

Hey ,

First off great mod , I can't wait to see the demo!

I have 2 questions:

1. In the The Old republic it is revealed that a "Sith Emperor" were responsible for Revan and Maliks fa -er conversion to the dark side , will you try to continue this or are you veering into your own personal story?

2. Some voice actors have websites , such as jeniffer hale's who voices bastila shan. A friend of myn on youtube managed to get hold of her agent and could get some voice overs , however he left modding due to lack of popularity, are you going to try get some as well?

I hope this mod finishes and suceeds , I have seen many mods abandoned , I genuinely hope this isn't the case here , I wouldn't want TOR as kotor 3.

Good luck.

I have 2 questions:

1. In the The Old republic it is revealed that a "Sith Emperor" were responsible for Revan and Maliks fa -er conversion to the dark side , will you try to continue this or are you veering into your own personal story?

I can say that Revenge of Revan will be compatible with TOR. This means that i will be using what has been stated about Revan. Just to clarify, Revan will interact with the PC and you might possibly get some info on this topic from Revan's point of view which we all know people's point of views are driven by the emotions attached to their choices and experiences. Lets just say i will not be giving the info out like a diary of Revan's life but possible moments and even these could be thrown into the grey area for player interpretation. I hope i answered you question, it is hard since i can't get into this topic to the level you will see in the game.

2. Some voice actors have websites , such as jeniffer hale's who voices bastila shan. A friend of myn on youtube managed to get hold of her agent and could get some voice overs , however he left modding due to lack of popularity, are you going to try get some as well?

I will have to check it out but I would assume that Jen and the others might be under a contract to not do their original character from kotor unless it is through Lucas arts. I will take a peek but i doubt you will see any new lines from the original actor/actress...I will most likely need to use VO impersonators which might be a better route due to legal issues it might stir up.

Thanks for the support :thmbup1:

Logan

Archived