Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

Wow, you guys have put a ton of work into this mod. It's really looking great! Do you guys need any help with the dialogue? I'm not the best writer, but I'm a hell of a spell checker :p and I could help the dialogue flow more smoothly, and seem more natural.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi. this is a great mod. i have 2 questions

1) act 1 will be the demo and act 2 the complete game?

2) do you need to instal act 1 for playing act 2?

The Demo is not act one. The Demo will most likely be about 2 hours or 2 and half hours depending if you run through or talk to the npcs and quest givers.

Act 1 will be the first half of the game.

Act 2 is the second half of the game but....when it is released will be the fill game both Acts. There is plan to be some extras added to the Act1's content when the full version is released.

I'm sure some are wondering if the Demo is around 2 hours...what is at least Act 1's play time.....I can not fully say but i can give an estimate to allow you an idea how big this mod/game is....Act 1 could be around 7-8 hours long...which means the final full version of the game with both acts will be more than 14 hours long...

when would you say the mod will be complete?....Please dont say "when its finished lol", But seriously do you have a target date?

I can not say for the full version (Act1 and 2 together)..but i can say yes I do have in mind a month for the Demo's release. Once we are at the final stages of testing and adding the last VOs of it as well as release the teaser for the Demo you will have the date of the release.

I can say the Demo is coming......:thmbup1:

Also for VO work- Go to this link at DeadlyStream to post if your interested in doing VOs

http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/revenge-revan/235-revenge-revan-human-vo-sign-up-thread.html

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

• 2 weeks later...
So.....how's the beta testing going?

Actually its going quite well. I have the last 10 minute section to give to the team to test this week along with some tweaks on the first 2 hours section they played. I believe we came across 2 bugs which are easy to fix.

I have to give my hat off to the testers who are giving some great feedback and suggestions to make the game even better:thmbup1:

MORE TO COME......

Logan

Actually its going quite well. I have the last 10 minute section to give to the team to test this week along with some tweaks on the first 2 hours section they played. I believe we came across 2 bugs which are easy to fix.

I have to give my hat off to the testers who are giving some great feedback and suggestions to make the game even better:thmbup1:

MORE TO COME......

Logan

How much is gonna be voiced in the beta version?

Voice work isn't a high priority right now. It's too hard to record dialog when the script for the entire story hasn't been finalized yet. For now, I think that only some minor NPCs (the ones that won't need any further dialog added later) might be voiced for the demo.

Voice work isn't a high priority right now. It's too hard to record dialog when the script for the entire story hasn't been finalized yet. For now, I think that only some minor NPCs (the ones that won't need any further dialog added later) might be voiced for the demo.

Thank's! :) Now i know. But act 1 (When it's done) will be fully voiced right?

Hey,

Redrob41 is correct that we aim to have all the non important NPcs all voiced for the Demo. As for the Act 1....Most of the NPCs will have voice overs. Drayen is already cast and the guy is almost done with the VOs for that character.

There is a good chance that the major characters who are not alien will and party members will not Voices since they would need to be around for the next year or two so we can record the second half of the game.

I will keep you posted on this topic as we get closer to release.

In the End we aim to have the full game Voiced...which is a huge thing since there is already a good deal of dialogue in just the Demo alone.:)

I have a special treat for you guys.

Interview with Logan23 by Sith holocron

Below you will have questions that were given to me by Sith holocron for me to answer.

You will find the Question and then the link to the audio answer to that question.

Excuse my voice..just recovered from being sick when I recorded this.

More Question/Answers are coming....

What games other than the KOTOR series have proven inspirational for Revenge of Revan?

What planets will be part of Revenge of Revan that you can talk about without ruining the plot?

How many hours will Revenge of Revan take to play from start to finish?

Do you know who will be voicing Revan in mod Revenge of Revan?

How many PC possibilities and species will there be by the time he's finished? and...

Will there be any custom designed areas?

Could you describe your release strategy for Revenge of Revan?

So many large scale mods have been announced only to be doomed to failure. Where did they fail?

I will have some more questions and answers posted after this coming weekend....enjoy:thmbup1:

MORE TO COME.......

Logan

Hey,

Redrob41 is correct that we aim to have all the non important NPcs all voiced for the Demo. As for the Act 1....Most of the NPCs will have voice overs. Drayen is already cast and the guy is almost done with the VOs for that character.

There is a good chance that the major characters who are not alien will and party members will not Voices since they would need to be around for the next year or two so we can record the second half of the game.

I will keep you posted on this topic as we get closer to release.

In the End we aim to have the full game Voiced...which is a huge thing since there is already a good deal of dialogue in just the Demo alone.:)

I have a special treat for you guys.

Interview with Logan23 by Sith holocron

Below you will have questions that were given to me by Sith holocron for me to answer.

You will find the Question and then the link to the audio answer to that question.

Excuse my voice..just recovered from being sick when I recorded this.

More Question/Answers are coming....

What games other than the KOTOR series have proven inspirational for Revenge of Revan?

What planets will be part of Revenge of Revan that you can talk about without ruining the plot?

How many hours will Revenge of Revan take to play from start to finish?

Do you know who will be voicing Revan in mod Revenge of Revan?

How many PC possibilities and species will there be by the time he's finished? and...

Will there be any custom designed areas?

Could you describe your release strategy for Revenge of Revan?

So many large scale mods have been announced only to be doomed to failure. Where did they fail?

I will have some more questions and answers posted after this coming weekend....enjoy:thmbup1:

MORE TO COME.......

Logan

Okay, thank's! :) So how long time do you think act 2 will be in production then?

And i wasn't noticing anything wrong with your voice.. I got really many questions answared there! Thank's for that to! :)

Hey,

Okay, thank's! So how long time do you think act 2 will be in production then?

And i wasn't noticing anything wrong with your voice.. I got really many questions answared there! Thank's for that to!

thank you,:thmbup1:

I'm glad i was able to answer some of your questions. I have more of these coming in the next week or two.

RoR's GUI Interface:

I have been working on the last day and half on the GUI Interface for the game. This work was all due to Redrob41's discover of an old thread in LF forum that talked about changing colors of the GUIs.

I have been successful in starting to get these all changed.

I have some pics below you you guys to look at and wish to gt some feedback on the color.

Want to give you guys a heads up that the ones that have a very strong dark reddish color is due to the merging of the color change in the GUI file and the color of the icon in the override. All the dark red will be more of the Yellowish gold seen below. I just have to remove those tga files from the override which will be done last.

Let me know if you like the new Yellow/gold color so i can make this the official GUI color of the interface or will we need to teak this color. Want to make a decision now and not after it is all completed since its hours of editing involve.

Thanks!

I am still working on getting the dlg changed but in one pick I was able to get the bubbles dlg to change which will give you an idea of what it will look like.:thmbup1:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
k2200022.jpg

Show spoiler
k2200023.jpg

Show spoiler
k2200026.jpg

Show spoiler
k2200028.jpg

Show spoiler
k2200031.jpg

Show spoiler
k2200032.jpg

MORE TO COME.........

Logan

Looking great! Nice to see you're still making lots of progress. I'm guessing you're getting close to completion now, being in the beta and all?

My advice is to polish the mod, and polish it lots. When you come so close to the end of a project that has taken up years of your time, it's very tempting to rush that final crutial stage and just get the damned thing out the door. You should be looking to fix anything and everything you can find. Even the smallest of grammatical errors. Make it the best you can make it so you have no regrets. That way you won't get stuck churning out patch after patch for the next 6 months. :p

Hey,

thank you,:thmbup1:

I'm glad i was able to answer some of your questions. I have more of these coming in the next week or two.

RoR's GUI Interface:

I have been working on the last day and half on the GUI Interface for the game. This work was all due to Redrob41's discover of an old thread in LF forum that talked about changing colors of the GUIs.

I have been successful in starting to get these all changed.

I have some pics below you you guys to look at and wish to gt some feedback on the color.

Want to give you guys a heads up that the ones that have a very strong dark reddish color is due to the merging of the color change in the GUI file and the color of the icon in the override. All the dark red will be more of the Yellowish gold seen below. I just have to remove those tga files from the override which will be done last.

Let me know if you like the new Yellow/gold color so i can make this the official GUI color of the interface or will we need to teak this color. Want to make a decision now and not after it is all completed since its hours of editing involve.

Thanks!

I am still working on getting the dlg changed but in one pick I was able to get the bubbles dlg to change which will give you an idea of what it will look like.:thmbup1:

Show spoiler
k2200022.jpg

Show spoiler
k2200023.jpg

Show spoiler
k2200026.jpg

Show spoiler
k2200028.jpg

Show spoiler
k2200031.jpg

Show spoiler
k2200032.jpg

MORE TO COME.........

Logan

that's really cool! :bounce1:

Looking great! Nice to see you're still making lots of progress. I'm guessing you're getting close to completion now, being in the beta and all?

My advice is to polish the mod, and polish it lots. When you come so close to the end of a project that has taken up years of your time, it's very tempting to rush that final crutial stage and just get the damned thing out the door. You should be looking to fix anything and everything you can find. Even the smallest of grammatical errors. Make it the best you can make it so you have no regrets. That way you won't get stuck churning out patch after patch for the next 6 months. :p

Remember, remember, the month of December, the year 2004,

When Lucasarts screwed up Obsidian's plans, and kicked KOTOR2 out the door.

The people were raging, "THIS GAME IS UNSTABLE!", Obsidian was angry, too,

but Lucasarts ignored its own idiocy, and told the people, "**** YOU."

Obsidian blamed Lucasarts, Lucasarts stuck to their gun.

Then Lucasarts kept them from fixing the game, and the people knew which one.

Now on to the post...I agree with everything on this quote with one exception: crucial?

Final polish (no, not Polish) is an absolute MUST on just about anything. It makes execution that much better if all of the code is clean first.

Now, if I could just find a new copy of the US version of KOTOR2...a shame Lucasarts still has a burr up its butt about its rushing the game before it was done.

P.S.: OH MY GOD, SILVEREDGE POSTED!!!!!!

P.S.: OH MY GOD, SILVEREDGE POSTED!!!!!!

Silveredge9?! Epic! That guy is legend!

ON TOPIC: The GUI looks good, but, personally, I think the yellowish orange color is dancing a little on the line between distinguishing between combat and non-combat and being completely identical. Does that make any sense?

Archived