Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ON TOPIC: The GUI looks good, but, personally, I think the yellowish orange color is dancing a little on the line between distinguishing between combat and non-combat and being completely identical. Does that make any sense?

I understand what your talking about. Your talking about the attack icons and the colors for them,etc.

There is a good chance they will get their color changed.

Ex. the yellow circles in the character creation might get some changes to the tone/intense of the color.

Even though there will be some tweaks with the yellow/gold in certain cases ....this will be the basic main color of teh interface. the red will be removed where you see in in the pics...they will look closer to teh yellow orange.

Thanks for the feedback

Looking great! Nice to see you're still making lots of progress. I'm guessing you're getting close to completion now, being in the beta and all?

My advice is to polish the mod, and polish it lots. When you come so close to the end of a project that has taken up years of your time, it's very tempting to rush that final crutial stage and just get the damned thing out the door. You should be looking to fix anything and everything you can find. Even the smallest of grammatical errors. Make it the best you can make it so you have no regrets. That way you won't get stuck churning out patch after patch for the next 6 months. :p

How does it feel to be the equivalent to semi god/rockstar in one of the nerdiest communities ever? Good, probably. I agree with what you said in this post, and i too have done it, and it feels terribly shi**y knowing that the most liked song from our demo is the worst recorded, played, sang, mixed and edited one :xp:

Hey,

I'm just stopping in to let you know about two things...

First..I now have a Facebook Group page for Revenge of Revan

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=132026093489598

2nd is this game is also on the moddb.com site..check it out

http://www.moddb.com/mods/revenge-of-revan

For you VO people I am starting to get that going and you will be getting PMs on the voice over roles for the Demo.

MORE TO COME....

Logan

I've tried playing around with some Devaronian females. They have the pointed ears and flat, stubby horns on the forehead. The longest (most tedious) part, was making the fuzzy skin. It took a loooong time with the Motion Blur tool on little sections at a time, because I wanted the direction of the fur to look natural. Let me know what you think :)

devaronianfemale2.th.jpg devaronianfemale1.th.jpg

I've also done a one with white fur, but there are some problems with the head. I used Mira's head model so that she'd look like this. The problem is that Mira's headband has it's own shadows on it, and I need to make it uniform with the rest of the face. I'm guessing that it is a materials thing, but I don't know how to fix it with hex editing (heck, I don't even know how to fix it in gmax :xp:).

wow, pretty good work! I especially like the first one.

the horn-knobs could maybe be a trifle higher up and larger.

I don't know how much can be done to the models, but there seem to be devaronianesses with actually grown-out horns as well (example: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Shantillen.JPG , she's listed as an unidentified species but her image is listed under images of devaronians)

btw.: how about green-skinned devaronians (as seen here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:UDH.jpg) :D?

just some ideas, keep up the good work :)!

the horn-knobs could maybe be a trifle higher up and larger.

maybe a little larger, but every screen shot I've seen, the horn knobs look like they are just above where the eyebrows would be. Still, I can give it a try with them higher. With Darth Maladi, I didn't know at first that she was Devaronian; I thought she just had some round eyebrow tattoos :lol:

I don't know how much can be done to the models' date=' but there seem to be devaronianesses with actually grown-out horns as well (example: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Shantillen.JPG , she's listed as an unidentified species but her image is listed under images of devaronians)[/quote']

yeah, I saw that too. I figured that the long horns are a result of either dark side influence, or prosthetics (instead of tattoos or piercings to look fiercesome, she got fake horn implants :xp:). Then again, she could be a Zabrak, with red skin like Darth Krayt's Sith always have.

btw.: how about green-skinned devaronians (as seen here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:UDH.jpg) :D?

I thought about it, but it just didn't look right in 3D. In the end, I liked the warmer, earthier tones.

So, what do people think about the fur? Does it look fuzzy, furry, too long, too short?

hey logan, i just had an idea that could made ROR better. Have you seen TOR crew skills trailer. i think that it would be better if the party mempers that where in your ship, while you are out with other 2 party mempers, to do something.

EDIT: if exile was darkside the how there going to be jedi on dadooine?

hey logan, i just had an idea that could made ROR better. Have you seen TOR crew skills trailer. i think that it would be better if the party mempers that where in your ship, while you are out with other 2 party mempers, to do something.

EDIT: if exile was darkside the how there going to be jedi on dadooine?

Number 1: Good Idea...but it takes an immense amount of work just to get the party members with you to do something. The characters in the ship doing things sentiently as opposed to just having default animations that they break when talked too would be even more work

Number 2: This is years after the battle of Telos. And if you remember correctly, the enclave was rebuilt whether the exile was light side or dark side. The exile and Revan's travels are never clear in either game, which means what's the exile going to do about it if there are now Jedi on Dantooine if she is nowhere near Telos?

Hey everyone!

Number 1: Good Idea...but it takes an immense amount of work just to get the party members with you to do something. The characters in the ship doing things sentiently as opposed to just having default animations that they break when talked too would be even more work

I agree the crew skill is an interesting mechanic and concept that does give the player the feeling that your party will be doing something while you hit adventures.

As mentioned above this would take a lot of time. Just building the quests/dlg/ or the number of items to allow this to be placed would mean I would need a person alone to write all this and three others building new items/weapons like its a full time job.

Revenge of Revan will not be using this mechanic because the personal and production time would be huge.

This mechanic would be great for a mod that is smaller with less party members meaning there is less content to be built allowing time for this mechanic to be fully built to the proper use and compliment the game.

MORE TO COME ......

Logan

Anakin_Xisali if the mercenaries took over knooda?

How long do you figure that a gang of mercenaries are going to hold sway over Koonda? (Remind me if the Sith were involved with that, I can't remember). Sooner or later, they are either going to abandon it or someone's going to come along and kick their @**s out of it.

Besides, regardless of the Exile's choices, the Jedi still return to the galaxy in RoR. If they went to Dantooine, they would be the ones to either negotiate with the mercenaries or kick 'em out if they're still there. But Koonda is not the Jedi Enclave, so the real problem would be the scavengers, but, heck, they'd be easy to scare off, right? :raise:

Hey Guys!!!!

I haven't been following you guys for long like most of you because frankly i just heard of it like 2 days ago. I have watch almost of of the videos on youtube and the game looks amazing I like the way you guys are going with the game. I posted on your main website if you need any help at all im more than willing, but i understand you guys are far into the game and probably dont need any help, but congraz your game looks amazing!

Archived