Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone

Time for another update:

The Demo is close to release, we are just doing a few final tweaks and the opening movie is close to the final version for the Demo.

I have been working on the content for the Act1; we are still moving full force ahead in the game’s production.

Crafting in Revenge of Revan:

There will be some crafting in RoR which will be centered around the idea of taking existing armor as well as new skinned armor and crafting them to allow the PC to wear along with using the Force.

Allowing this we have decided that the armor would have a lower defense or bonus to help balance the setup which allows the PC to use all Force powers while wearing it. This will allow players to go through RoR without feeling forced to always be a Robe wearing Jedi/Dark Jedi.

There will be some hidden armors that will allow the PC to use the Force while wearing them without the use of the crafting skill but these are few and hard to find.

Let us know your feed back on this topic.

Lightsaber Creation and Progression System:

Thanks to Kuai-Donn Jorn for his great hilt and hard work and passion for this project and feature. We have been working on how this system will work with hilt progression in the area of skins and hilt models. Here below is a pic of a sample progression from the Level 1 to the third Level in this progression style. You can see the hilt evolves as you gain levels and progress in this one style.

user165923pic8308130936.jpg

Let us know your feed back on this topic.

Journal Entries and Trust System:

The Trusts system has been shifted to the Quest items section which will have a number given which will express the Level of Trust your Companion has for you. This will keep the player from looking through the Journal entries to find the Trust level per companion plus this will allow more diversity.

Journal entries have been split into two sections one is the normal kotor2 typical Quest based journal entries but we will also what we call Personal Journal Notes.

These Personal Journal Notes will be quest items which represent notes based on Player’s choices as in a form of a diary. These are not Quest focus but might be for example….

“My first meeting with the Bounty Hunter Prime unfortunately led to the Madam of the Massage Den being killed.”

These events will allow myself the designer to easily do a check on this event and could have a situation occur or a NPC react to this event. Players will now be able to see how each play through can become more and more diverse and see how these small choices can lead to opportunities as well as other interactions which would not be if this Personal Journal Note is present or not present.

The player’s journey is more then simple quests but the choices you make even the small ones will shape your experience and give you a feeling that there is something new to discover or see in your next play through.

I have some images for you guys.

New Robes

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
k300641.jpg

Bao-Dur with new outfit

Show spoiler
k300665.jpg

Show spoiler
k300667.jpg

Show spoiler
k300663.jpg

Kaila

Show spoiler
k300681.jpg

Bastila's new look

Show spoiler
k300654.jpg

More pics at

http://www.moddb.com/mods/revenge-of-revan

MORE TO COME......

Logan

This is amazing work! Not only making a new story but coming up with all these new features for the game, unbelievable! I was going to hold off playing the demo until the full game came out but I realize now input from the demo would be useful. Can't wait to try it!

@Anakin_Xisali The demo is the start of Act 1. I think although I may be wrong it will be about a third of the first act. If I had to compare it I'd say it was like the Endar Spire and Taris from K1, it sets the story up.

This looks great! :thmbup1:

Also, since you asked for feedback, i have some comments about the armor crafting and saber hilt progression.

I'm guessing you're taking into account armors/robes and dex. modifiers to defense to keep the whole thing balanced and prevent overpowering items, but what about the economics of it?; recently, i've replayed k1 and realized that upgrade parts were just too cheap, almost never was i forced to face a choice on what to upgrade because there were always parts available real cheap. Perhaps in your mod the parts are more expensive? just a thought.

On hilt progression, just curious: why do the hilts progress to be bigger and seemingly easier to handle (with the padded grips) as the character progresses in ability?, i mean, i know very little of starwars lore outside of the movies and a couple of games, but wouldn't the non-paded slick-metal smaller saber hilt of the padawan in your pic be more difficult to properly handle than the others (that is, requiring more 'mastery')?

One last thing, (which perhaps you already answered to, so apologies), in both the video and the screenshots i'm seeing a lot of previous game companions; Bastila, Bao-Dur, and i think i also saw the Handmaiden around there somewhere... which is cool and all, but maybe you shouldn't overdo it for both freshness's sake and for your own peace of mind, i mean, getting those voices to sound like those of other people is probably resource and time consuming... again, just a thought.

Anyway, good stuff, keep it coming!:)

^ I see what you mean, but still... that emitter shroud is part of the hilt: the blade is energy and 'retractable', so it is not there to protect the base of the beam 'blade' but the user's hand. (And there's also the padded grip).

I like the way that KDJ has designed the progression. To me, mastery isn't about knowing and using all techniques, styles and weapons flawlessly. Mastery is about self knowledge; of knowing which techniques work best for your own body type and personality so that you can specialize in them. A master still knows other techniques, but has preferences. Master Windu is direct, aggressive, and uses as little motion and energy as needed to dispatch enemies. Master Yoda relies on Force powers and conserves his physical exertions. When he duels, he is highly acrobatic and fluid in motion. Both are masters, but their saber hilts aren't bare basic simply because they can use any hilt; they have specialized hilts more suited to their own sizes and styles.

In KDJ's example, maybe the master like to point his finger in the direction of the blade, so that the blade becomes an extension of his hand. That would be a good reason to have an emitter guard :)

^ I see what you mean, but still... that emitter shroud is part of the hilt: the blade is energy and 'retractable', so it is not there to protect the base of the beam 'blade' but the user's hand. (And there's also the padded grip).

I like the way that KDJ has designed the progression. To me, mastery isn't about knowing and using all techniques, styles and weapons flawlessly. Mastery is about self knowledge; of knowing which techniques work best for your own body type and personality so that you can specialize in them. A master still knows other techniques, but has preferences. Master Windu is direct, aggressive, and uses as little motion and energy as needed to dispatch enemies. Master Yoda relies on Force powers and conserves his physical exertions. When he duels, he is highly acrobatic and fluid in motion. Both are masters, but their saber hilts aren't bare basic simply because they can use any hilt; they have specialized hilts more suited to their own sizes and styles.

In KDJ's example, maybe the master like to point his finger in the direction of the blade, so that the blade becomes an extension of his hand. That would be a good reason to have an emitter guard :)

I agree with RedRob, but you were thinking in the physical sense. Who says the handle is "slick"? The handle could be just as easy to grip as the rubber. The reason that the padawan lightsaber is so bare is because the padawan has not yet developed his own style. The hilt begins to develop as the padawan develops, refining his technique and modifying his lightsaber to suit said technique.

I'm on the cell phone but I wanted to mention that I love the lightsabers!

As with most progressions with armor, weapons,.... They get more detailed.

Jedi modify their hilts to make them fit their fighting style. With the mod we are aiming to reflect the idea that as you gain more experience,skills, and force powers, your saber also evolves ..... The progression style and hilt design and change will be related to the style. We are aiming to bring a system that capture this and KDJ is doing a great job.

I want to also thank everyone for their support!!

Logan

(sigh)...

Hehe, no need for that, i'm not nitpicking your work for the sake of nitpicking, i'm just offering my opinion on details and stuff. It certainly looks nice (although i'd rather the padded grip lines be 'ring' shaped) and the hilt progression is an interesting feature.

On mastery, techniques, etc: lightsabers are straight 'blades' and the 'blade' lenght shouldn't factor in the hilt lenght because (and this i'm guessing, i don't know what the sw lore states) the 'blade' is an energy beam (and pretty much weightless) so, the hilt lenght and details serve only for movement and technique control but, given the above and that the lightsaber is a 'straight sword', the longer the hilt the more restrictive to freedom of movement and technique it would become, which would not mean 'specialization' but 'constriction' (hardware restriction :p) to a master, who should be knowledgeable of various styles and techniques and be able to quickly and easily switch between them to suit a specific circumstance and/or opponent without his primary weapon being 'unsuited' or 'difficult' for it.

Who says the handle is "slick"? The handle could be just as easy to grip as the rubber.

*looks at pic* Looks metallic slick to me... (specially when compared to the padded grips on the next two).

The progression style and hilt design and change will be related to the style.

You mean the hilt will change according not only to player level, but to fighting style?

You mean the hilt will change according not only to player level, but to fighting style?

Yes, your hilt's skin and model depends on what type of progression style you are using per progression crystal in your saber. Each of these styles will have their own hilt progression/ skin and model change.

Just to note, if these styles are unlocked then you can change them using the workbench or a certain droid with no penalty.

Check out the youtube video on the lightsaber progression system at my youtube site

Logan

Archived