Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Space Nazis FTW!

Nazis will always fall short of the win, even in space :lol:

As some fans of RoR may remember, there is a Wookiee on the Jedi council. Yeah, I know Wookiee Jedi goes agains George Lucas canon, but until he phones me up and asks to make RoR a true part of canon, we're gonna mod it our way for fun :D. On that note, I've finally gotten around to skinning some robes on a Wookiee model. The problem is coming up with a color combo. Here are some of the options I've come to:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
wipwookieejedi.jpg

Let me know what your first impressions are (and why), then I'll let you know which one I'm leaning towards. Maybe you can sway my mind :xp:

Nazis will always fall short of the win, even in space :lol:

:thmbup1:

As some fans of RoR may remember, there is a Wookiee on the Jedi council. Yeah, I know Wookiee Jedi goes agains George Lucas canon, but until he phones me up and asks to make RoR a true part of canon, we're gonna mod it our way for fun :D. On that note, I've finally gotten around to skinning some robes on a Wookiee model. The problem is coming up with a color combo. Here are some of the options I've come to:

Show spoiler
wipwookieejedi.jpg

Let me know what your first impressions are (and why), then I'll let you know which one I'm leaning towards. Maybe you can sway my mind :xp:

Wow, impressive! I'm totally gonna support you, if Georgie will call you :D!

I really like the last one, the green one. Green always fits a close-to-nature mood which fits Wookies in the first place ;).

I like the third and the fourth models.

Though, I think the fourth model could use a bit of tweaking (to make it more awesome). For example make the green less satin-esque and more of a green brown. I took the image and adjusted the robe a bit in photoshop to better demonstrate what I am thinking (mind you this was done in like 3-5 minutes)

Show spoiler
wipwookieejedi2.jpg

Now this robe color scheme may look better with one of the other wookiee models...I don't know just my opinion :)

The first ones fur looks a bit too dark side-y. I had difficult seeing at first the difference between the 2nd and 3rd but the 3rd is best and the 4th looks like a nightgown (It looks like satin or silk, sexy!)

I agree. The dark fur looked too much like Hanharr.

Not much of a difference between the first three imho. I'd go with 4, just so it's not brown on brown on brown. I think the green gives it a nice balance.

I really like the last one' date=' the green one. Green always fits a close-to-nature mood which fits Wookies in the first place ;).[/quote']

Yeah, I was trying to avoid the over use of brown, and I thought the green would be nice like tree leaves. Unfortunately, the bright green just isn't working; it stands out too much and grabs too much attention in the council chambers. And, yeah, it does look more like a bath robe than a Jedi robe.

I like the third and the fourth models.

Though, I think the fourth model could use a bit of tweaking (to make it more awesome). For example make the green less satin-esque and more of a green brown.

You're right, that green you made less saturated does make a big difference. The third robe I did was the brown one with a touch of the green in it. Same idea, but more brown whereas yours is more green.

I think the third one is the best.

I vote for the third one as well. (My second choice is number 2.)

I agree. I think the third one looks the best.

Thanks everyone, there was some good input here (especially the reasons for why you liked something :)). I think I'm gonna go with the third one (it was already my favorite, but now I'm convinced). The whitish fur gives him a look of aged wisdom, and the brown (with a touch of green) robe looks like a natural Jedi robe. The small size of it makes him look like he'd rather not wear clothes at all (like most Wookiees), but he grudgingly wears something like the traditional Jedi attire (Belaya would be proud :lol:).

I think I liked the third one most because those robes look like the most like really worn leather. The older skin for the Wookiee himself sealed the deal.

This. The third was (imo) the best robe I could see a Wookiee Jedi wearing. Too bad lucas said there could be no more Wookiee jedi....stupid G-canon.

Well KDJ, you really like to use emitter guards :D. They look good, especially the grip on the second one.

I agree. The second one's grip is a bit more smooth than the other, which kind of stands out literally. Still very good

Hey everyone, I just thought I'd post a list of all the playable characters, but this time, I'll do it with pictures. Keep in mind, these are just temporary portraits for the demo. Once I've done the DS transitions, I'll do real portraits for them all. Besides, there could still be more changes to the lineup ;)

Playable Males:

Show spoiler
rorportraitsmale.jpg

Playable Females:

Show spoiler
rorportraitsfemale.jpg

The male Twi'lek portrait images are a bit old, since they still show the bulbous neck sac. I've just had a MAJOR break (thanks to my new hero, VarsityPuppet's tutorial) and I've been able to add mask and goggle hooks, as well as make that neck thinner.

Show spoiler
twilekmalenewhead1.jpg

Show spoiler
twilekmalenewhead2.jpg

Now, I'd tried to get the neck done before, but the male Twi'lek just doesn't like Taina's replacer tool. Instead, it took VP's discovery of exactly which numbers to hex edit in the .mdl files. Thanks :D

Now if only someone was able to fix the animation problem that causes the Twi'leks and all the females to stick out their bottom lip in that funny way :lol: I'm guessing its a problem with a supermodel :giveup:

Archived