Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The male Twi'lek portrait images are a bit old, since they still show the bulbous neck sac. I've just had a MAJOR break (thanks to my new hero, VarsityPuppet's tutorial) and I've been able to add mask and goggle hooks, as well as make that neck thinner.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
twilekmalenewhead1.jpg

Show spoiler
twilekmalenewhead2.jpg

Now, I'd tried to get the neck done before, but the male Twi'lek just doesn't like Taina's replacer tool. Instead, it took VP's discovery of exactly which numbers to hex edit in the .mdl files. Thanks :D

Frakking hell, RedRob, I've tried Twi'lek head model edits before and I always ended up with crap. Just fantastic work here!

Applause for VS for fine tuning the method with the Hex editing aswell. I never had the patience to keep on going. After 10 times I usually "hate" the model and I ban it to a spot on my HD :lol:

Again, very AWESOME progress.

Might I suggest you release that twi'lek head as a seperate replacement mod?

After RoR is released ofcourse. I wouldn't want to take away the nice bonusses this mod will have on its release.

Now if only someone was able to fix the animation problem that causes the Twi'leks and all the females to stick out their bottom lip in that funny way :lol: I'm guessing its a problem with a supermodel :giveup:

Does the odd curly lip appear after you've edited the heads or was this always there? I can't remember seeing twi'leks with odd lips :lol:

RedRob do you plan on releasing the heads as an individual mod after the demo or Act1/2?

For a while after the Demo is released, I'll probably be working on bug-fixes (hopefully not many, since we've been testing already). After that, I'll have to make TSL style DS transitions (the demo doesn't have true DS transitions yet) before I can release them as individual mods. I'll probably break them up into smaller downloads, grouped by species, and include both the males and females.

Might I suggest you release that twi'lek head as a seperate replacement mod?

After RoR is released ofcourse. I wouldn't want to take away the nice bonusses this mod will have on its release.

For sure I'll release them all, eventually. The question there would be, how many to release in one pack? Too many at once increases download time, and I've usually tried to keep 'em under 20Mb each. But that's a question to be answered in my own WIP thread (as dusty as it is), and not here in RoR thread (gotta stay on topic :D).

Frakking hell, RedRob, I've tried Twi'lek head model edits before and I always ended up with crap. Just fantastic work here!

I never had the patience to keep on going. After 10 times I usually "hate" the model and I ban it to a spot on my HD :lol:

:lol: I hear ya! I tweaked the model's neck in gMax a looong time ago, but I kept failing at converting it to a working binary mdl. Taina's wasn't working at all, and my hex editing guesses were always the wrong ones. Thanks to VP, it took about 10 minutes (8 of it finding the edited files on my hard drive :lol:), and was easy as pie.

Does the odd curly lip appear after you've edited the heads or was this always there? I can't remember seeing twi'leks with odd lips :lol:

It happened before editing it. The portrait pics were taken with the old, default male head model. You can see some of the pics have the funny bottom lip (I tried to avoid it when I could). The cyan maskless one is a good example.

Show spoiler
rorportraitsmale.jpg

One thing that did change after using my new head model, is that the shiny lekku aren't as well defined. If you look at the portraits again, you can see that the shine is "spotty" because that model was using the Twi'lek normal map to make them bumpy (again the cyan maskless is a good example). The new model only uses the CM_Specmap (without the normal map), so the lekku look like glass.

Show spoiler
twilekmalenewhead1.jpg

Show spoiler
twilekmalenewhead2.jpg

After I noticed that, I went back and looked at them with the original head model, and the bumpyness is definately there. So, how do I get the new model to recognize the normal map? I've tried making txi files for them, but I'll have to post the contents of them after I get home from work and exercise tonight.

Revenge of Revan Demo (Beta)

1.08 gigs Zip (1.99 gigs unzip)

The mod is a sequel to The Knights of the Old Republic 2 (Sith Lords).

The game takes place 8 years after kotor2 where you will find the Jedi Order starting to rebuild as they find their place in the Republic that has been absent of the Jedi Order for some years.

An event on Corellia will set events in motion as you try to unravel this mystery before its too late.

RoR is a stand alone original story that allows you, the player, to continue your saga with whatever choices you made in kotor1 and kotor2 whether you use the canon setup or your own personal version.

The mod is a bridge between kotor2 and TOR. You will see cameos and interact with some former characters from kotor1 and kotor2, depending on your choice setup.

New Features:

Well over 50 PC heads including aliens with the ability to wear head gear.

Species optional based attributes setup.

Around 2 hours of gameplay

There is a new Lightsaber Creation system as well as the old looting/inventory system will be tweaked and allow more crafting. Also within the Lightsaber Creation System is a Progressive lightsaber/hilt system which will allow you to follow certain progression trees as you advance in levels and hilt design. This system will be user friendly and allow the player to switch from one progression tree to another with out a penalty.

A New Trust System which will be connected to the existing Influence system for kotor2. You will have moments to gain and lose Trust with party members. If you gain enough Trust then you will be able to Influence their alignment as seen in kotor2.

Dialogues will not be simple black and white in the area of receiving Dark Side and Light Side points. With the newly added motive feature the player can actually do something that is considered nice to manipulate a NPC and gain Dark Side points. The player will have a ( ) similar to when a player can show they are going to lie but in RoR you will have options in the ( ) for example: Diplomatic, Aggressive, Empower them/encourage, Manipulate/control. These will lead to dialogue that match your motive during the conversation.

With these new features and RoR's new NPCs, modeled and skinned by Redrob41, which not only include Party members but even mid to high level NPCs.

In the Demo some of these features are only introduced and not fully active based on story and game play layout. The next installment will see all of these functioning and being used through out the game on a larger scale.

--------------------------------------

Note:

This is a work in progress so not all the human VOs are in the game, there will be a VO patch released later.

This is a link for now till its reviewed and up at deadlystreams.

Enjoy!

MAKE SURE YOU READ THE INSTALL DOC.

Moddb.com's link

http://www.moddb.com/mods/revenge-of-revan/downloads/revenge-of-revan-demo-beta

Video/audio install direction is coming soon.

Logan23 (Tom)

I can post the demo up on a torrent site to help with distribution, if you think that might help. PM me the info you would like be to put in the file description. (Remember, a lot of these folks might not have ever heard of Revenge of Revan so you might need to be a bit more detailed than the description posted above.)

Please guys, make the game work on 1366x768(or 720p) resolution! The basic resolution of the game is far too low, but when using widescreen patches I cannot see the dialog-options:( Any way to make this happen? (I have HP Pavilion dv6, Radeon HD 5650 and I cannot use GPU-scaling cause my laptop´s screen doesn´t want to make it happen (sry for my english, i am a finnish guy))

Archived