Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work logan! I downloaded it and all but when i got to the part to use the tsl patcher i ran into a error. So i clikc on the tsl patcher it loads up and then gets to the place where you can click install, i click it and it says to save it some where. i click to save it inside the kotor 2 folder and it brings up an error telling how that was a invaled folder. it says this no matter what folder i try to save it to. So i just tried to do the game with ou it and it works so im currently playing through it with the tsl patcher thing. Thanks for realeseing the demo!

SamuelMaki, you should know that this mod isn't it's own actual game. Its a mod for KotOR II so it's settings are the same that are available for KotOR II. The modders working on it aren't going to bother making widescreen patches when they are busy with other things.

Also, there is a Widescreen Patch which I don't think you are using correctly. Try using it again and following it's directions.

i have a question about a place where i am stuck (been trying to figure it out for a half hour)

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
when you get out of the cell and you trapped by another barrier and u are supposed to find a terminal to get out well i cant find a terminal that works

@#$%^&*%$@@#$%%#@#%#$^#%#^#^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Logan, are you uploading that to another site, because I tried downloading it failed and now I can't download it again.

[Flies into rage and destroys small town before running to the Grand Canyon and hears own swearing echoing off of the cliff faces]

EDIT: Okay [calms down], its going to be up on moddb and deadlystreams. [breathes sigh of relief]

For darth trea,

Show spoiler
I'm assuming this is after the Nindo and Kaila scene, if so then you should not have left the cell. The Demo ends after the click door to leave.

For Anakin_Xisali:

Yes they will be up soon, those sites need to review the mod also its been uploaded to kotorfiles as well. (Could not use filefront due the game's size)

JoFlashStudios- Logan, you said "MAKE SURE YOU READ THE INSTALL DOC." Where can I find that?

Also, when I opened the .rar archive, the only thing in it is a movies folder with some random .bik files. What am I missing here?

I do not know why since a team member and others have downloaded and have all the files. You could try to download it again or wait for Deadlystream or moddb.com's links for download.

Logan, im installing and it stands that i should rename the mus_a_31file in stream music, but there is no file like that. Did you mean mus_a_231 and missed the 2?

Then you are fine the, it is mus_a_31. You should be ok since it did not override anything.

Another solution is just to use the RoR's stream music file since i believe it has all the new tracks and the old ones so you might just need to rename the Streammusic file so it only sees the RoR's.

Please guys, make the game work on 1366x768(or 720p) resolution! The basic resolution of the game is far too low, but when using widescreen patches I cannot see the dialog-options Any way to make this happen? (I have HP Pavilion dv6, Radeon HD 5650 and I cannot use GPU-scaling cause my laptop´s screen doesn´t want to make it happen (sry for my english, i am a finnish guy))

I believe Christos K said it best that this is a kotor2 game issue and RoR does not touch anything when it came to those setting in the game.

I want to thank everyone for their support and feedback.

This is just a sample and there are things that will be tweaked and polished as well as some dlg expanded and tweaked but I wanted to give you guys a taste of what we are aiming for in the game and that we are serious to bring this to release. Thank you!:)

I also placed a thread in TRUCE so others can see that the Demo is released.

Logan

For darth trea,

Show spoiler
I'm assuming this is after the Nindo and Kaila scene, if so then you should not have left the cell. The Demo ends after the click door to leave.

yes that is what happened but...

Show spoiler
when i clicked on the door i ended up in a room that was all blue so i warped to the cell module (to see what it would do) and i ended up there and could get out...

also the voice overs didnt work... ive had trouble installing voices everytime i play a mod with them... but unlike the other voice overs i was able to read wat they were saying ... i think i had a problem with the installation of the voices

For darth trea,

Yeah you did a cheat....lol

That was the end when the credits ran,..what you were playing around with was a rough old build of after,...lol

The VOs ...since this constant with all mods maybe its the permission setup of the folder for the Voicestream, or something else....I don't know why

Great work logan! I downloaded it and all but when i got to the part to use the tsl patcher i ran into a error. So i clikc on the tsl patcher it loads up and then gets to the place where you can click install, i click it and it says to save it some where. i click to save it inside the kotor 2 folder and it brings up an error telling how that was a invaled folder. it says this no matter what folder i try to save it to. So i just tried to do the game with ou it and it works so im currently playing through it with the tsl patcher thing. Thanks for realeseing the demo!

Has anyone else had an error when running the patcher portion? Warlord664, could you post a screen shot or copy and paste the error text? Thanks.

The patcher isn't a necessary thing to do for the demo, and won't affect gameplay. All it really does is add information about the different playable species which can be read at the bottom of the feats page. In the full Act 1 we hope to use this to add species specific dialog, items, attributes, etc.

^What seems to be the problem. Also thought I would mention this. Now I have a 1 TB harddrive so this wasn't a problem for me but for people with smaller or older harddrives they may not want to do this (simply to conserve space or some other reason)

After having a fresh install (including updates) of KotOR II about a year ago I knew I would eventually need another fresh install for either The Jedi Masters or Revenge of Revan so I just copied over the entire folder renamed it Revenge of Revan and saved it for now.

I was able to run the mod perfectly (so far lol but I doubt any issues concerning this would arise) so for those not wanting to have to switch between different override folders you can just use this method.

Now thats about 4+ GBs plus RoR and extra mods (I am using a few visual mods along side RoR) so only do this if you know you have enough HD space.

SamuelMaki, you should know that this mod isn't it's own actual game. Its a mod for KotOR II so it's settings are the same that are available for KotOR II. The modders working on it aren't going to bother making widescreen patches when they are busy with other things.

Also, there is a Widescreen Patch which I don't think you are using correctly. Try using it again and following it's directions.

Yeah, I know... But I thought you can make your own patcher that works on lower resolutions too...

I have tried uniws-patcher and squizzy patcher, but they don´t work:( (Dialog is invisible, but game runs fine) I even tried hex editing for the swkotor2.exe, but there was the same issue... I got it work on 1280x768, and I think it was possible because it is a mix from two (kotor2) working resolutions...

But I can accept that you are busy to make this mod, so i´m happy with the 1280x768 resolution...

I played the demo, and it is very impressive, but it have many bugs (it´s a demo in a beta stage so I assume the final version is much better...)

VO didn´t work too well (only few lines vere acted, was it my fault?) and scenes were very jumpy (especially at the near end)... I have also many graphical bugs especially in the jungle or was it my fault?

Most annoying bug I get stuck after battle and can`t move ... I gotta use my team members to move , and how should I act if I`ll be in Solo mode

I think that this is more of a TSL issue with running on newer computers (and not really the fault of our mod). From what I've read (and experienced on my own i7 quad core, 64bit Windows 7 machine), TSL and Kotor should only be run using one core. See these links:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Star-Wars-Knights-of-the-Old-Republic/SWKotOR-Technical-Support-Self-Help/Kotor-2-Bugs-Can039t-move-after-combats-sometimes-some-crashes-3237047-1.html

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=199761

http://forums.filefront.com/sw-kotor-problems-errors-help/396920-main-character-wont-move-2.html

Basically what I did was I right click the kotor2.exe to get to the properties, set it to run in Windows XP service pack 2 compatibility mode; run as an administrator; in-game I set the options to have v-sync on, and that pretty much made my problem go away. Beyond that, I can't really help, but search engines are always a good friend :)

Has anyone else had an error when running the patcher portion? Warlord664, could you post a screen shot or copy and paste the error text? Thanks.

The patcher isn't a necessary thing to do for the demo, and won't affect gameplay. All it really does is add information about the different playable species which can be read at the bottom of the feats page. In the full Act 1 we hope to use this to add species specific dialog, items, attributes, etc.

Redrob I started to take screen shots but when i tried to install it again it worked. Lol don't know what was wrong with it earlyer! Ty anyway.

Hey all, just stumbled across this mod's thread last night and I was really impressed by the scope :) I'll definitely pick it up to try when the full version comes out. Which brings me to my point; I'd be willing and able to run through and touch up ure dialogue for realism (-audio engineer-). Also, if you still need any VO work done I'd be happy to lend my voice to the project! (19 yr old male, low-mid range voice, if that helps match me up with any particular character)

"...Also, when I opened the .rar archive, the only thing in it is a movies folder with some random .bik files. What am I missing here?"

I do not know why since a team member and others have downloaded and have all the files. You could try to download it again or wait for Deadlystream or moddb.com's links for download.

I've tried moddb, and I'm still having the same problem. WinRar gives me an "Unexpected end of archive" error, and then shows an archive containing only a movies folder. 7-zip does the same thing, minus the error message. Is anyone else having this problem?

Hey guys there is a bug I'm working on fixing.

Do to where the bug is i will mention what is the issue in a spoiler

Show spoiler
When you are getting arrested and fight the Jedi, make sure you are in control of the PC at the end of the fight.....if you are in control of Uldir there is a chance the next dlg will not fire correctly and then you will be stuck.

I'm working on a fix right now will have one done either tonight or tomorrow night. Just want to give you guys a heads up that are playing the mod.

Logan

Hey guys there is a bug I'm working on fixing.

Do to where the bug is i will mention what is the issue in a spoiler

Show spoiler
When you are getting arrested and fight the Jedi, make sure you are in control of the PC at the end of the fight.....if you are in control of Uldir there is a chance the next dlg will not fire correctly and then you will be stuck.

I'm working on a fix right now will have one done either tonight or tomorrow night. Just want to give you guys a heads up that are playing the mod.

Logan

I had that problem, but I managed to change to the PC-character... Dialog was going over and over...

Archived