Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

It's not that. My GPU is new so KotOR isn't compatible with it. I'm waiting to get Dell to send me an intergrated graphics driver (that somehow wasn't installed at the factory) so that I can play it. Though knowing Dell RoR will've come out anyway by the time they've pulled their fingers out.

I have almost new gpu and the game plays fine:confused: I have hp pavilion dv6 and amd radeon hd5650... Are you sure the problem is your gpu? Have you tried the vista fix or xp-mode?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not that. My GPU is new so KotOR isn't compatible with it. I'm waiting to get Dell to send me an intergrated graphics driver (that somehow wasn't installed at the factory) so that I can play it. Though knowing Dell RoR will've come out anyway by the time they've pulled their fingers out.

My GPU is newer than KotOR I & II , but runs them perfectly; Did you try running it as an administrator or with compatibility for XP Service Pack 2? That's how I got my copy of KotOR I & II running, without even needing the vista fix.

I was on a KotOR 1/2 mod site today and someone made metion of this in passing. It intrigued me enough to go searching. I literaly spent the Whole Day reading from the first post down to the most recent and I have to say I'm very pleased. Most 'major mods' kick off with a bang and then end up :chop1:. And by major I mean they come up with a great idea and then end up bogged down by theri own genious and never finish. It's nice to see that hasn't happend here.

I actually had to dust off my list of usernames and passwords so I could come in and drop a message to you guys and give some support (however small it may seem, any support is better than no support).

Anyway, I had a question: Do you think in the final version you might add some sort of easter eggs? Nothing flashy, it could be something simple like a well-known quote from the movies or something interesing like finding a hidden door on Coursant and seeing a Chiss, you talk to him and he says something like, "SSSSSSHHHH! Quiet, I don't want anyone to see me. Hey what are you doing in a dark alleyway anyway?"

Small things like that can add a whole new reason to replay, just trying to see what funny things the devs. put in for thoes who actually go out and explore.

Anywho, that was my $.02 and just saying that this will be one of the best mods for KotOR 2. Ever. Of all Time.

I was on a KotOR 1/2 mod site today and someone made metion of this in passing. It intrigued me enough to go searching. I literaly spent the Whole Day reading from the first post down to the most recent and I have to say I'm very pleased.

which KotOR mod site was that?

Well, I'm glad someone was willing to read all 38 pages :D I know it's a lot, but most questions have already been answered in there somewhere. And support is always welcome :)

As for easter eggs, I'm sure there will be plenty of pleasant little suprises for everyone who is a fan of the Old Republic era ;) I can't speak for the writers, but I've tried to put little winks and nods to other characters in much of the art I've done.

which KotOR mod site was that?

It was the KotOR filefront site. Ironically it was in reguards to a picture of the day easter egg :emodanc:

Someone made the comment that it looked like something logan23 would put in his KotOR thr- er, I mean KotOR two mod ;) Thus began my journey to learn of this MMod: Massive Mod

Hey! I finished the demo and I am really loving it! Even with the rough edges(it is a beta after all) I could definitly see the diamond there. If I'm not mistaken, you still need voice actors? I'm was actually training in college to voice act, my major was in theater.

If you need any help just pm me some script and what kind of tone you want and I'll message you some clips! My only issue will be that I will most likely be sent out to boot camp sometime at the end of this year or the begginig of the next but I'll help anyway I can even if it's just secondary characters.

Hi Logan i've just finished the demo and i must say, it is fantastic, but i was thinking,(Strange question) once the mod is finished will it be released as a whole or in parts.

Probably due to the file size, it will more than likely be zipped into smaller peices.

It was the KotOR filefront site. Ironically it was in reguards to a picture of the day easter egg

Someone made the comment that it looked like something logan23 would put in his KotOR thr- er, I mean KotOR two mod Thus began my journey to learn of this MMod: Massive Mod

I'm glad you came across that:thmbup1:

We are still looking for Voice actors.

I'm still working on how best to manage giving out the lines.

I'm looking at late Sept for a good deal of the lines being given out for the Demo's content.

Hey Logan,..got some more "content" for you to intergrate! Woohoo!

Awesome!

I'm implementing this into the game this holiday weekend :)

I'm glad you came across that:thmbup1:

We are still looking for Voice actors.

I'm still working on how best to manage giving out the lines.

I'm looking at late Sept for a good deal of the lines being given out for the Demo's content.

Awesome!

I'm implementing this into the game this holiday weekend :)

I just finished the demo tonight. I've been keeping an eye on this project for quite a while now (for at least a year), and I'm so excited to see such a talented group really stepping up in the mod community to put out something this great that will stick around for years to come. It's really exciting.

I've been around on the KOTOR movie chat pages too, but this project is really different in that it's an awesome example of people getting together to make something of real substance that everyone can play.

I was so ticked when the demo ended I was settled in for a marathon gaming session. lol

Anyway I'd like to send congrats to you guys for actually making it to beta, and I wish everyone the best of luck in completing the project.

I'd be glad to offer any assistance that I can.

I've done voice acting before in radio advertising and animated shorts in college. I'd be glad to offer my services in any capacity.

I can also do a little coding here and there, and I have tons of experience with recording and mixing audio.

Logan, RedRob, Kaui-Donn Jorn (whoever does the lightsaber models), I have a suggestion. I noticed that you have lightsaber hilts based on the lightsaber fighting styles, Shii-Cho, Makashi....

For the Form Shien, could you perhaps invert the model? I did a little research and found that most people who use the form Shien wield lightsabers backhanded, such as Adi Galia, Ahsoka Tano, Starkiller...

I also found a mod on filefront that's a little old where the modder took all the short sabers and inverted them, so I know it's possible at least in theory.

I just took a look at Wookieepedia, and I think that most of the notable practitioners held thier lightsabers in the standard way, and some of them used double sabers:

Notable practitioners

■Kavar[2]

■Zez-Kai Ell[2]

■Vrook Lamar[2]

■Ulic Qel-Droma[3]

■Darth Bane[4]

■Aayla Secura[5]

■Plo Koon[6]

■Galen Marek[6]

■Anakin Skywalker[1]

■Kyle Katarn[7]

■Luke Skywalker[8]

I think that the main thing about Shien is that it isn't a purely defensive style: after a defensive parry, there is an aggressive counterstrike; likewise, blaster bolts get deflected back at attackers, rather than at innanimate objects. The hand grip position being reversed can be used, but isn't the primary use of the form.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Form_V:_Shien_/_Djem_So

Aside from that, while it would be possible to make some hilts with reversed grips, I don't think that the animations sync up as well, and therefore wouldn't be worth the effort. You'd have to use two sabers, because holding a sinigle blade upside down with two hands looks funny :lol:

I just took a look at Wookieepedia, and I think that most of the notable practitioners held thier lightsabers in the standard way, and some of them used double sabers:

I think that the main thing about Shien is that it isn't a purely defensive style: after a defensive parry, there is an aggressive counterstrike; likewise, blaster bolts get deflected back at attackers, rather than at innanimate objects. The hand grip position being reversed can be used, but isn't the primary use of the form.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Form_V:_Shien_/_Djem_So

Aside from that, while it would be possible to make some hilts with reversed grips, I don't think that the animations sync up as well, and therefore wouldn't be worth the effort. You'd have to use two sabers, because holding a sinigle blade upside down with two hands looks funny :lol:

Well, yessss....having one lightsaber held upside down would look funny. I was going to dual-wield, as that's what my character does. (Yes I did cheat to get the second saber, I know, I know :()

I just thought having two would look cool.

Aside from that, while it would be possible to make some hilts with reversed grips, I don't think that the animations sync up as well, and therefore wouldn't be worth the effort. You'd have to use two sabers, because holding a sinigle blade upside down with two hands looks funny

I agree.

Absolutely fantastic, I've been watching this mod grow from a simple idea and I'm astonished. However, I am a little hesitant downloading it.

Every single time I attempt to put a mod in my override folder a message pops up that says 'Unauthorised Access can not be changed" or something along these lines.

This is with a fairly average computer that runs Windows 7, any advise is much appreciated! And congrats on finally pumping out the first load of what will be the beast that Revenge of Revan is.

Every single time I attempt to put a mod in my override folder a message pops up that says 'Unauthorised Access can not be changed" or something along these lines.

This is with a fairly average computer that runs Windows 7, any advise is much appreciated! And congrats on finally pumping out the first load of what will be the beast that Revenge of Revan is.

I don't know for sure as i haven't tried windows 7 but it may be windows UAC that's responsible for that. Have you installed the game on the default directory (program files)? if so, uninstall, install it somewhere else and try again. :)

Great demo a few minor problems but it was awsome now I am pumped for the rest. Speaking of which because you released the demo is that all that is done or what has been perfected (this is not a release date question). Will there be more demos that will continue from the end point?

Try running as administrator. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

Stopping to let you all know that we are ready for VO work for the missing dlg for the Demo.

This will work by having people interested send me a visitor message at my profile (My PMs are just about full) So after i get the visitor message in the profile..I will send you a PM with my email so you can send a sample of VO and then i can send you the file.

Thanks!

Logan

Well I just spent the better part of two hours catching up on this Mod, and all I can say is: WOW!!!!!

I just downloaded the demo and am in the process of re-installing Kotor II so that I can play it.

I'm so glad to see this Mod pull through where alot of these Mods fail. Keep up the GREAT work!

On a side note its been so long since I've been on this site I'm glad to come back and see this, and that everyone here seems to be doing well

For all RoR team: there are some new WIP pics in the team member social group. I'm in need of some opinion and feedback :raise:. Thanks.

Sorry to all the fans, but I don't want to spoil this character for you too soon. I won't reveal this character until I'm 100% satisfied that he/she/it is ready.

I can't give away all the cool secrets ;).

Archived