logan23

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

are any miralukas going to be in in the mod? and is this going to be on X-Box

cool character! is it sion or someone new with his body

could there be a ship that hunts down your character or helps them

about the lightsabers could light side users lightsabers tune them into the forceso there force powers are more effective dark side users cause more damage

Are any Miralukas going to be in the mod?

You must have missed the two videos that RedRob41 posted about this very topic. Here's one of the videos to save you a search.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Check the other videos on Redrob41's YouTube profile for the female heads video.

Is this going to be on X-Box?

No.

As stated on his official site, Logan23 said the following.

You will need a copy of KOTOR2 PC version to play the mod.

Wow, that video is almost two years old. Has this project really been going on this long? (Not meaning to sound like I'm knocking the project, the dedication you have all shown to it is astounding.)

E: Logan23 started it four years ago, right before I joined this forum. :eek:

Indeed. As is turns out, total conversions take quite a while. Which is why I try not to get involved with those anymore, I simply do not have the patience for it. :¬:

Hey everyone!

Time for another update-

Today I have two topics I will be discussing:

Once is how RoR will make some new uses or tweaks with the Kotor2’s Skill system and the second is about expanding the team.

The Kotor skill system includes:

Computer use

Demolitions

Stealth

Awareness

Persuade

Repair

Security

Treat Injury

We will not be removing any existing skill mechanics but to expand so these skills can influence certain events in the game.

Computer Use Skill- This skill will no longer be tied to computer spikes. Computer Spikes will now be something you could just sell for extra money since now your skill number will more directly influence your ability to slice into a computer. All players will be able to slice into a computer but your computer skill number will determine your options.

An example will be a player will slice a computer with a low skill number will get the normal access but if their skill number is high then you might unlock a chance to gas the enemies in the next room or activate a turret. Sometimes these options could be info on enemies in the area or tips, lore, etc. This skill does connect on the Security Skill since both are very close in nature. To help make a distinction between the two its best to look at Computer skill is about moving around the system while Security Skill revolves around defense or walls that involve access a door. I will explain more in the Security Skill section. But if you want to be a great slicer its best to get points in both of these areas since at times they will piggyback each other.

Demolition Skill- This skill will now be checked at times during a conversation that will be about explosives. As Nindo being a arms dealer, this skill might get checked during some of his conversations with this companion.

Stealth Skill- no changes or tweaks

Awareness Skill- This will now be checked during conversations as well as investigating locations throughout the level. There will be invisible placeables which the player can click and there could be checks on the awareness that will determine what you discover including hints on lore, people, and even discover items/weapons. One goal I would like to do is to have some dialogue scenes play out a little different based on this awareness check.

An Example will be a player who talks to a NPC and due to their Awareness level they can see that the NPC has a tattoo or marking that resembles a certain Hutt gang or another faction. This then can be clicked and influence how you could handle this NPC where another player would not get this option due to a low level of Awareness.

Persuade Skill- This skill will work as the original use but we hope to expand on its use in major event/scenes.

Repair Skill- We are looking to expand this into Crafting/Modifying gear for your Jedi to allow you to wear armor and still use Jedi Powers. The system which is still being tweaked for balance will allow players to take armor and modify it so you can use all force powers but will lower the original armor defense number so the player is not over powering yet can live out that non conventional Jedi dream. This skill will also be used in the creation of Jedi Armor Robes.

Security Skill- This will be about breaking through secured doors as well as gaining access to secured sections of the computer system. These checks will be not as common as the Computer skill ones since this involves high level security areas.

An example of this is a player is trying to open a secured door and the Security skill number determines how many waves of enemies will attack you before you get past the security on the door. Think of Return of the Jedi where Han Solo is trying to get the security door open to the base on Endor, you will have a scene of dialogue then enemies then another short dialogue then the next wave. If the Security skill is high you will have just one or two waves verse a possible two extra waves.

Treat Injury Skill- no changes or tweaks

These are subject for further tweaks based the flow and pacing of the game’s story and experience but I wanted to let you guys know that we are looking to bring them into the game in a more interactive way which can allow for more diverse experiences while playing Revenge of Revan.

The Next Topic is about Expanding the RoR Team-

During the past month or two I have been looking at how to remove barriers in the mod’s production and how to make it easier to allow new team members with in the writing area to come on board easier. I discovered looking through the internet that there really isn’t much on the project management side so I decided to design my own.

I have been working on designing a system which includes a design document for RoR as well as a writer/quest creator/dialogue/ level layout package for new team members. This package allows new team members to see exactly what the tools for making content are for this mod. When I talk about tools I will be talking out level/planet layouts as well as how the dialogue system will work and the checks that can be used and the flow to get the writer/quest creator into content building and being creative without wondering what the method is.

I also tackled what happens with your VO or writers don’t have the dlgeditor or even a PC system, and those were all solved.

This brings us to what will be needed-

I will be looking for writers for quest/dialogue for the mod.

Writers will need to be 17 or above in age

Grammar skills

Understand- The Nine Act Structure

Link for resources

http://gideonsway.wordpress.com/2011/04/18/the-nine-act-structure-of-screenwriting/

Be able to get dialogue done in a timely fashion- I'm very flexible so you will be getting tasks but to get the next quest to write you must finish your present one. This is to keep the production from getting held up and not burden the writer since I know we all have a real life and i want to be able to find a sweet spot between the two.

We will be using Google + to have group meeting to go over quest ideas and get them green lighted for the writing team to write/dialogue.

You do not need the dlgeditor for kotor2 and you could also be on a Apple or Linux base system and still write for the mod.

Right now we have 2 people for grammar check and I will let you know if we need more.

People interested in also creating items/armor skins feel free to let me know.

Please post here if you’re interested or in my public Logan23 message. Don’t send me a PM since I’m basically maxed out there so I won’t see them.

Also we will see a few more Character Profiles added to the RoR website in May.

MORE TO COME......

Logan23

I could do some dialogue, I've got some fanfiction here you can check (although it's very old and not nearly as good as i can do nowadays :p), I'm 21, studied English etc. etc. And also I will have a LOT of free time coming up over summer. Oh yes. So if you need another person...

Hey everyone!

RoR being the End of the KOTOR Trilogy- my thoughts

RoR is the end of the Kotor Trilogy....(TOR is a New Story /Saga of its own that has connections to the KOTOR games and events.)

The KOTOR Trilogy is about -

-Revan's and the Exile's choices and The Ripples (Echos) from the Mandalorian War

-The Jedi Order finding its self after the Jedi Civil war- the arc is the conflict- destruction- rebirth of the Jedi Order and how they will find their new identity, which ultimately leads us to the Jedi we see in TOR.

-The Mandalorians defining their new future-purpose

-The Republic adjusting to the return of the Jedi Order and finally becoming the Republic that will be seen in TOR.

All these can be traced back to the Mandalorian War which changed everything...and in Revenge of Revan, you will be making choices and see how the trilogy ends.

These are the focus points of what I believe is the KOTOR Trilogy.

Logan

Edit: Fixed up the post- I originally posted it around 1am :xp:

Post May the Force be with you

Hello everyone!

I just registered today on LucasForums.

I am happy to meet you all.

Most of all though I must say that I am VERY happy

with what I have seen as far as the Revenge of Revan mod!

It is absolutely brilliant! I always wished that after playing

both KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2 that LucasArts would make a

KOTOR 3. I was not very happy when KOTOR 3 never came

out but an online game came out instead. I remember the

days when I played MMOs.....not any more...they take up

too much of your life. So glad to see Logan and his team

did not disappoint the fans and created a masterpiece.

To Ultimate HK 47:

No I have not thought about modding. I used to play D & D, Love Star Wars, Star Trek, just about anything fantasy and I love KOTOR! I am mostly into roleplaying games, and I am an artist. I used to be a dancer for 12 years, taught for 3 years, I love to paint, make jewelry and I do some digital art as well. What drew me to this site was the Revenge of Revan project. I had just recently got done playing KOTOR 2 and I felt like I was left hanging like....umm now what.....What exactly happens to Revan and the Exile now? /shrug I did some searching to see if there was a novel or something that I could read to get the story and I came across this site. Seeing this project has greatly inspired me. You see I recently sent my project into getting published. For four years of my life I have spent making my own tarot deck from scratch. Did all the art, text, designed the manual, .....everything. It was a huge undertaking and now I am a bit nervous...>crosses fingers<. I love the fact that Logan and the team have taken the time to do something like this and to do it right. I have never thought about modding but I am not opposed to giving it a try either. :) Nice to meet you /wave

P.S. Would have posted directly to you but the site said something about points.....also I will be done with Master Kyra's profile picture when I am done it will be posted on this thread :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say hello and reiterate how much I enjoyed the demo! I love Revan and to a lesser extent, the exile. Therefore I'm desperately counting on you to give their stories, at the very least, a more character realistic finality then they got in the shameless old republic plug what was the Revan novel. Hoping you and your team keep up the amazing work!!

Logan23, I'll consider being a part of your team. I can do scripting because I type fast, i do not wish to do voices, whatever you need of me I'll do. I loved the demo and am looking forward to the full release. PM me for my Google+ name and we'll discuss this further.

Logan23, I'll consider being a part of your team. I can do scripting because I type fast

What relevance does your typing speed have to scripting?

For a mod of this size, you'll need a pretty solid and encompassing knowledge of nwscript and be able to implement code properly.

The speed at which you type bears little importance.

Archived