Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

Unfortunately, the only things I've managed to work on, would be way too spoilery to show any screenies. I've posted a pic in the RoR Team Members social group. Hopefully, some of the team could check it out, and let everyone else know just how awesome it looks **maniacal laugh**

It is indeed awesome! (You'll have to ask Varsity Puppet about my maniacal laughter but that's off-topic.)

Best of luck with your home repair . . . that will not be fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, this mod looks really cool. I would try it out, but I'm currently playing through the Jedi Masters mod. One of the things I really like about it is the original modules-will this mod also feature original modules, or will it rely on retextures and reused modules?

Also, I think using Kelborn as a party member is pretty cool, I always liked him in TSL. Along with Bralor, he was very reasonable, at least for a mandalorian.

I have just done the demo and I see much potential in this. Now then I will point out any errors I have encountered. Errors being none at all. (Well besides this small error where if you choose the maskai lightsaber crystal the description for the saber says that your lightsaber is Kyle Katarn's lightsaber). (Pardon any spelling errors I may or may not make). But that is a very minor thing in my eyes and could easily be corrected. I do have a suggestion though. When you first go over your lightsaber I suggest that you say on if it is a single or a double blade. Just a suggestion. But I'd like to say good job by far. Good luck making this mod.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello! Im a new member of the forums and I have been watching the project since its conception and after repeatedly playing the demo and reading the forum I have noticed that there is a slight break in the canon.

Corellia wss never ruled by a king but by a council (SWTOR).

I greatly admire your work and I know, to hell with canon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

I wanted to inform you guys on what has been going on with RoR, lately.

About a week ago, I came across two programs which I believe will change RoR for the better. I will be discussing one of the two programs since the second is still being tested for its benefits.

Articy : Draft (made by Nevigo )

This program is a professional tool for story and game design, aimed towards non-linear storytelling.

For the past week and for the rest of April, I will be placing all the documents and assets and more into this program. I have already developed a system for Quest Building /Dlg which will work perfect with RoR.

In the past, the number-one issue has been pipeline issues. Others like Trex, Doc, and others who have built large story mods can tell you there is a lot of keeping tabs on everything, which can be overwhelming lol but you make due

I demo the new design/layout to JediExile last night ,thanks google+ for screen share =).

I wanted to share some images of the development phase (the non glamorous part).

Here are a few images to help give you guys some idea of what I'm talking about..

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
articy1.jpg

You see all the Exile Heads...yup...I still plan to allow you to choose your Exile's appearance..

Show spoiler
articy2.jpg

Some of the Major NPCs.....

Show spoiler
articy3.jpg

The program has the ability to write in script format and I can also import these type of files which will mean an easier and quicker to getting writers content in.

Show spoiler
articy4.jpg

I can build layouts for locations and design them before I even put a NPC in the actual module, plus I can share the computer screen or print these out for team members.

Show spoiler
articy5.jpg

Show spoiler
articy6.jpg

Character Templates to help to allow all team members to have the same reference when writing a scene. You can also create your own templates as well.

I know you guys haven't seen any huge updates, but I wanted to show that the Mod is going well and will become easier to manage and easier for fellow members to have the access to what they need for building content.

This is a great program (you can find it on Steam), but it isn't free, so I would say if your interested in getting into large mod/game projects, and indie games, you might want to take a look at it since it is a very powerful tool once you learn to use it.

That is all for now but, I hope to have another update by the end of the April with something more pleasing to see then Flow charts =)

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

PS. If anyone has any questions about this program, feel free to send me a visitor message, not a private one since my mail box is kind of full.

Just wanted to say, the RoR project inside of articy is amazing. It is literally stories in stories inside of stories. Logan23 has done a fantastic job of getting all of the details down. And when I say details, I mean down to the smallest things that you probably wouldn't think of.

The program is amazing, too. It definitely keeps things organized. I am not sure how we'd work without this now.

What are you talking about? KotOR Modding will be here for a long time.

I sincerely hope so. I'm just starting here at holowan and I don't want to see it die anytime soon :(

Articy : Draft (made by Nevigo )

This program is a professional tool for story and game design, aimed towards non-linear storytelling.

Nice find Logan, I'm currently in the planning phase of my own RPG game, I'll definitely be trying this :)

I sincerely hope so. I'm just starting here at holowan and I don't want to see it die anytime soon :(

I believe kotor modding will continue.

I actually was just talking to someone about kotor modding over tbe years.

One thing I will like to do is when I get The First half of RoR out, is to share any tips or lessons learned from making the RoR mod.

I believe if we can create a structure /Flow chart for certain aspects of kotor modding including a Kotor Script Wiki of the general scripts - we could help give some guideance and understanding to help future modders create larger mods or even New Module Assets.

I am excited to see what cool mods will be coming from the community :-)

Typed on IPhone

Just wanted to say, the RoR project inside of articy is amazing. It is literally stories in stories inside of stories. Logan23 has done a fantastic job of getting all of the details down. And when I say details, I mean down to the smallest things that you probably wouldn't think of.

I have played the demo several times and each time I find something new. So I can't help but agree with you.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello! Im a new member of the forums and I have been watching the project since its conception and after repeatedly playing the demo and reading the forum I have noticed that there is a slight break in the canon.

Corellia wss never ruled by a king but by a council (SWTOR).

I greatly admire your work and I know, to hell with canon.

I would like to point out you can make the Exile male, Revan a female and make both of them dark side. In my calm objective opinion: lets forget about the canon that Bioware came up with that practically ruined Revan and the Exile's story. Revan, one the greatest military leaders (or a great military genius take your pick) in galatic history, one who was described as 'looking into the heart of the Force' could not break out of a jail cell for 300 years. The Exile, someone considered only second to Revan, was turned into a one-hit kill. Now, ranting aside, Obviously not everything will match but I rather like how you can alter a few details here or there. Makes the game less predictable if a game is predictable it will not become a masterpiece. I see a great amount replayability in this.

Archived