Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey now this has probably been asked way too many times and I'm just to lazy to look, but how many hours of game time we talking here as a whole?

Good question,

I can't say exactly the number of hours but....

Based on the Demo's time and the rest of act 1- the full half of the game is around 8 hours(it could be longer lol)...so you could double that for a guess but it all comes down to content and the team.

With Articy:Draft and other positives- i hope to bring you a long game but I wouldn't expect it to go over 20 hours. there is always a point where you can prolong a game time but the player will feel it forced,...like a movie that you watched and thought- they could have edited it so it was 15 mins shorter. RoR doesn't want to make the player feel we did anything to just stretch the time.

Plus we want the game to be very high in replay value.

• 1 month later...

This is exactly what I have been wishing for ever since tor came out and did not deliver closure! Thank you!

Side note: I know beggars can't be choosers, I would like to frame this request in the light that I will be eternally grateful for anything you produce, but if close attention to canon is employed, I would be the happiest ever!

Also, I imagine that you are already in a fairly developed state in this process and do not want/need help, but I write music in my spare time and if you ever need another composer or anything related, I could maybe help.

• 2 weeks later...

I do have a quick question. Are you still looking for writers? I am fairly good with writing Star Wars stories so I thought I would offer my imagination with things like this if you think it will help (also I am not able to make an account on DeadlyStream or was it steam? Never got the verification email.) I am mostly good at writing back story. Just though I would offer. I have a mostly free schedule (besides next week but that is it). So feel free to contact me. And by "contact me" I mean send me a private message on this site. I have a copy of my stories on my computer of you are interested I could send them in a message. Sorry if I sound pushy.

I sincerely hope so. I'm just starting here at holowan and I don't want to see it die anytime soon :(

KotOR came out in 2003. It is now 2013. So this game, and the modding of this game, has been around for roughly ten years. It is still known as a wonderful game. I don't see this modding community dying out anytime soon.

• 1 month later...

Hey there!

Last year I came and said I had a problem with the game. I'd like to thank those who pointed out that TSLRCM conflicted with it, it went much smoother after I took care of that.

Anyways, I finished playing through the demo, and it's AMAZING. The voice acting is spot on for Bastilla and Bao-Dur, and great with others. I love the music, too! However, I've noticed that the journal entries and item descriptions are... lesser than the rest of the game. I'm not saying that as criticism, I know you've been working on this for nearly 5 years now and the text was probably one of the last things on your mind.

I'm not a skilled modder, but I'd like to help out. If you want, I could write the journal entries and item descriptions. If you've already got someone who's gonna take care of that later, then it's ok, but if you need a hand for that, just lemme know, ok?

To all those who've been working on this so far, great job! I'm pretty sure this is the largest KotOR mod that's ever been made (Or is being made!), and it takes a lot of patience to work on something this long.

• 2 weeks later...
Deleted quite a few off-topic posts.

Additional Rules for this Thread:

1. If you want to volunteer for modding, voice acting, .etc, please send a PM.

2. Don't ask for a release date. Logan will give one when he's ready.

Everyone on this forum should already know this...

• 3 weeks later...
The beta that is out is different than the demo?

The Demo and beta are the same.

Basically its a Demo (beta) due to the lack of VO and there will be changes made for the Act1-or the first half of the game which will include what you played but with tweaks, and more polish. =)

Want to hi to everyone, and let you all know I'm alive and so is the project. I know it has been some time I have posted an update.

I'm actually putting one together as I type this to you. I want to have it ready to post to all the forums at once.

I want to say to everyone, thank you.

All the support and feedback you guys give keeps myself and the people working on the project excited. Thank you.

In the next day or two I post I have written about whats going on/ update.

This post will either be edited or I will do a new post depending on if someone posts after me,....don't want to double post =)

Ok thats all for tonight but I will be back here very soon.... =)

Logan23

Hi everyone,

Welcome to a RoR update-

I want to first tell you what has been going on in my life.

I’m right now in California looking for work that means I do not have access to my Pc desktop that is in NJ. I’m using a Mac that means I am unable to build/mod in game mechanics but I can still write and work on other parts of the mod/game.

The plan is to get a PC laptop by the end of the coming month =)

As for those who might worry about the project, I will not stop. My passion for this project only grows- I'm here to finish this =)

Ok, onto the more fun part of the update:

I don’t have any in game pics but I do have some images from 3dsmax of the Raptor’s interior and some new changes to them. This is the method being used in designing the maps now. So it’s a matter of going into the game and placing the items into the actual game modules.

The first image is the over view of the Raptor. You might notice some tweaks to what is inside.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
q42f.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

This is an image of Nindo’s room. You will see a bed as well as other placeables to make the area look as if someone is living in the room. The Raptor is a ship that Nindo and Kaila live on and I wanted to make the player feel that when walking around.

Show spoiler
q8zz.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

This shows Kaila’s room.

Show spoiler
f4v7.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

The two are of the cockpit and the cell (where in kotor2 you found HK). There has been some changed to the skin of the module plus the Cell is the place where a captive NPC is placed- behind a force-field door.

Show spoiler
8coi.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

Show spoiler
z1cj.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

RoR will not have swoop racing mini games, no turret mini games and possibly no pazaak mini game (unsure yet on the pazaak). This move is to keep the focus of the mod/game on the story and player’s experience. I rather put the extra energy in the mod’s main content then the mini games.

RoR Trust System 2.0

I know I have talked about the Trust System that was built on the existing kotor2’s influence system. I have looked at this system and reviewed it as work has been going on with the content after the demo and came to a conclusion.

The +1/-1 system doesn’t fit with what I’m aiming to do in RoR. So I created a new system that will allow a stronger focus on the player’s choices and how they impact their relationship with the other party members and factions.

The new system (Trust System 2.0) will be based around choice/events/actions.

Now how this is different then the influence and past trust system is- the system makes checks based on themes and on going issues/conflicts that the player and party members have gone through.

Examples of this if placed in kotor2-

Lets say the Exile makes choices during the game that is anti Republic. Mical decides to contact the Republic and report information about the Exile to his contacts. This can lead to added cut scenes or quests, etc. The code would only check on how you interacted with key points in the game that involve the Republic and not wither you did light or dark side choices. The focus is on the theme.

This allows RoR writers to bring up topics/themes from earlier in the game and build on the emotional tension created from the past choices. Players will not be able to game the system since what you made choices on are centered on an exact topic/theme/issue so you can’t use another choice to help over ride the negative impact from an earlier choice. This new system nicely fits in how we are handling main and side quests in RoR.

And last….

I was talking to a person in the kotor community and he suggested an idea, which I talked to a team member about and we agreed with it- I know you guys have been waiting for some time for the next release and to help with the large length of time, It has been decided that the RoR’s PC player heads (not sure if all will be in it) will be released as a mod for kotor2. I have already talked to redrob and this mod will be released in the next few weeks. It’s a way to say thanks for the constant support. Soon you will be able to play kotor2 TSLRCM with RoR PC alien heads.

That’s all for now,

MORE TO COME....

Logan23

And last….

I was talking to a person in the kotor community and he suggested an idea, which I talked to a team member about and we agreed with it- I know you guys have been waiting for some time for the next release and to help with the large length of time, It has been decided that the RoR’s PC player heads (not sure if all will be in it) will be released as a mod for kotor2. I have already talked to redrob and this mod will be released in the next few weeks. It’s a way to say thanks for the constant support. Soon you will be able to play kotor2 TSLRCM with RoR PC alien heads.

While Logan is in California, I'm vacationing in Las Vegas (shows you where my priorities are, since I'm more interested in modding :xp:). I'll be home at the end of this week, which will make it easier to post here than using my iPhone on the hotel's wifi :lol:. Anyway, I can't guarantee a timeframe for the stand alone head mods. They still need Dark Side transitions for all of the face textures and portraits. Also, I want to modify each body model so that there are versions with three fingers (for the Arkanians), which will take a while. There's also the female Devaronian heads to try and fix (again). To make things easier, I will release them in smaller packs, based on species.

Remember, I've made over 150 heads, so it won't be instantaneous. I will try my best to be quick :)

I thought Kaila and Atinah were big time swoop bike fanatics. Where do they keep their bikes?

Nindo's bed looks way too tidy :lol:. Does TSL have a messy bed or small cot placeable? Maybe he just sleeps on a pile of straw? :xp: Is the workbench still in that room?

I think the open grates on the floor look perfect for the rag-tag, barely getting by, bare bones team of Kaila & Nindo.

I thought Kaila and Atinah were big time swoop bike fanatics. Where do they keep their bikes?

Nindo's bed looks way too tidy :lol:. Does TSL have a messy bed or small cot placeable? Maybe he just sleeps on a pile of straw? :xp: Is the workbench still in that room?

I think the open grates on the floor look perfect for the rag-tag, barely getting by, bare bones team of Kaila & Nindo.

lol, will toss a swoop bike in there somewhere.

Nindo's bed is so neat because he ends up working late and usually crashes on the floor since he is too tired to get to the bed,lol. There wasn't any other bed which felt right in sense of size or texture. Can always edit the texture and the hex edit in.

Awesome about this release. On another note, logan23, in the Raptor, don't you think it would be appropriate to remove the grate from the "garage"? Make-it look newer?

Good idea- I will see about changing the texture to a more solid one.

Archived