Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

Hi, Fair Strides

Thank You for Your kind response, I am happy you found part of my ideas useful!

I am happy to hear that Star Wars KOTOR also fueled your passion for programming!

Right now at our company at the Marketing department the employees are about 60% female actually, one of the valued abilities being our attention to details and the ability to observe contemporary cultural trends ;)

I strongly agree with you on this one, when I said there is too much secrecy I was actually thinking about releasing an early alpha / beta version to a broader public for feedback, not about releasing it in an unfinished state as an official release or posting too many details about it on the main thread...

While the classical "closed-doors" policy has been used by major gaming companies for decades and is still mostly applied today, as times are slowly changing, an emerging trend is on the rise, especially for indie productions. Alpha / Beta early access is being used by developers to advertise and encourage funding for their work, and to obtain feedback from a broader audience (as we all know that testing a product exclusively in-house will lead to a supraapreciation of the product because of an excessive subjective approach).

The main reasons for secrecy in the gaming industry is preventing a competitor company to learn about innovative technologies used in the game development process (new game engines, new innovative gameplay elements / styles, etc.)

There will be fans who will want to wait up until the entire project is completed and polished and oficially released (probably the majority).

On the other side, there will also be fans that will love at least a limited form of early access, offering valuable feedback or even help in return.

While a pre-release would not be considered a good idea by the first category, it is their choice not to play through the early version...they can just wait up until the project is properly finished and ignore the pre-release and avoid spoilers, there is no need for us to "babysit" them :D

Anyway, as the development progresses the final product might be a very different experience from the early beta...

Thank You again for the kind words, and wish You and all the RoR project team my kindest regards and best wishes!

I have to say I agree with FS. Anyway, I dont want too much spoiled for me as I have been anticipating RoR for yrs now and I do not think I have the self control not to read anything if Logan was more open on this project

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey,

This is my first post on the forum, my apologies if it is not completely the way it should be.

I am a big fan of KOTOR and search the web for news on a third instalment almost weekly, keeping up hope that one day we will be surprised with good news. No such luck so far, as you all know probably.

I am not sure how, but quite a while ago I stumbled upon this mod. It looks incredibly promising, almost too good to be true. Finally one of my favorite franchises ( if that's the right word ) will be continued.

With this post I would like to offer my help. Sadly enough, I'm not too proficient in the use of game making software and my voice would not be very suited for voice acting. But if you are in need of something like a writer, I would gladly help out, even if it were just a line or two.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this mod. If you are in need of any help ( mainly writing ), please contact me, I will gladly do my best to help.

Hey there, logan! I've been following this project for years now and hope things are going well for you. I decided to make an account to give you some moral support! I'd also be interested in doing some voice work for you in the near future, if you're open to it. I don't know how far along you are in terms of development or if you've even thought about voicework yet. I'm pretty confident in my acting ability, it'd just be the recording I would have to figure out

Hi everyone

Just to let you know that I've been looking for a place to live for the past month.

I have 30 days to fins a place to live or i will be homeless with a job.

I'm confident i will find something but this doesn't remove the constant stress.

This is why you haven't seen me in a while.

I hope to be back soon -posting again.

Just need to find shelter.

The mod will become active once i get a place to live =)

I can't wait to get back to work on RoR

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up =)

Logan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I feel like i was frozen on Hoth the past several weeks.

Good news- I have a place to live at now- so i won't be living under my work desk.

Thanks to some fellow modders here I learned abit about editing module properties to create atmosphere.

This new mood to the module was done just today and thanks to the new Toolset from Fair Strides , I have starting to populate and test changes way more quickly- an amazing modding tool!

Here are some quick pics of Vogga's Ship (Goto's old module)

Had to make them a little lighter since the images came out dark orginally

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
EQ3Oc7b.jpg

Show spoiler
w4ypIS6.jpg

Show spoiler
YRtX6uK.jpg

Show spoiler
TQ5cL56.jpg

Show spoiler
z2oxtGJ.jpg

More To Come

Logan23

• 2 weeks later...

@logan23

Hello! My name is Arthur and I also love the kotor universe. I'd like to help you to translate your mod, descriptions, updates, anything that's related to it, etc... into Russian. A lot of Russians love kotor and played it myriads of times. Let me know if you're interested.

Best regards.

• 3 weeks later...

I had forgotten my old account on this so I decided to make a new one. :p

Regardless I just thought I would say I have been following this for the past, I believe, three or four years, maybe even a bit longer than that. Every time I come back to this mod to look at it or see progress updates I always get excited about it and I haven't grown any less excited. In short? I enjoy what has been done on this and I would just like to say congratulations on making as much as you have made for this so far.

Hi logan.

I just came across this mod after getting back into the Kotor games.

I noticed you have a very ambitious project, and was willing to offer any assistance you might want/need in the realm of audio engineering, i can do composition, sound effects, really anything you might need. :)

regardless, best of luck on this project, and PM me in you would like some help. i am just looking to fill up time over this summer.

~Trixie

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

Below are some images of the inside of the Raptor.

These are not the final setup,..there will be tweaks but you can see how we are trying to make the Raptor look like someone lives there.

Show spoiler
ylK0Nrx.png

Show spoiler
UTvNQAZ.png

Show spoiler
V8swefP.png

Show spoiler
2PsVlbv.png

Show spoiler
RHJxVRG.png

MORE TO COME....

Logan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived