Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've worked on at least 70 characters, but that's not including multiple skins for party members (DS transitions, portraits, custom underwear, clothes, dancer outfits, etc). Plus, I've still got more characters to do

That's like the pot calling the kettle "teflon" ;)

"Owned" is the word that one could use on me right now, I believe. :D

"Owned" is the word that one could use on me right now, I believe. :D

Oh, I bow down to you, sir :D. At last count, you've done over 80 unique heads, and over 70 armour & robe textures for your K1 Enhancement Pack. Plus, I'm only counting what you've posted screen shots for. I'm hoping that you've got a few secrets up your sleeve.

I can only hope to add that much diversity to RoR.

Oh, I bow down to you, sir :D. At last count, you've done over 80 unique heads, and over 70 armour & robe textures for your K1 Enhancement Pack. Plus, I'm only counting what you've posted screen shots for. I'm hoping that you've got a few secrets up your sleeve.

I can only hope to add that much diversity to RoR.

Well, there indeed are secrets (it would be too much work to take SS of everything :D).

I still think this mod will be higher on the list of awesome, though. :p

I've worked on at least 70 characters, but that's not including multiple skins for party members (DS transitions, portraits, custom underwear, clothes, dancer outfits, etc). Plus, I've still got more characters to do

That's like the pot calling the kettle "teflon" ;)

I'm using the cut character Kaevee as a base, but I've tweaked her a bit to look prettier (especially the hair and her smile). This is where I'm at currently (wearing basic clothes for a playable Guardian):

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
wiplianaguardian1.jpg

Logan, since you were going to originally use that head for Piadre Doaki, I've gone ahead and made a new head for her. I figured that she should look older than Kaevee (who looks about 17), since few of the remaining lost Jedi council members would be so young. I changed her to be Chalactan (with the jewels on the forehead):

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
wippiadredoaki1.th.jpg"]wippiadredoaki1.jpg[/url]

Yeah, I haven't worked much on him in a while. I've been concentrating on these other ones.

Awsome :thmbup1::thmbup1: and also out of corosity which modal from the origanal game is going to be used as a base for the sith lord

Awsome :thmbup1::thmbup1: and also out of corosity which modal from the origanal game is going to be used as a base for the sith lord

That's been a hard decision. To match the concept art, I need a male head model with long "rocker" hair, and a beard. I can't use the bearded caucasian head, because the hair is cropped too close to the head (not enough poly verticies). So far, I've been using Jorran as a base, because he has a whole lot more polys. The best thing would be to merge someone with long hair (like the female caucasian model used for Kaila) with Azkul's head model, but I don't know how to, or even if it'll work. I think that messkell did something like that for Berun Modrul Mullet Head mod. I haven't tried it in-game yet, so I still don't even know how successful the mullet hair looks on a guy.

If anybody has any ideas on how to make it work, I'm all ears :)

Wow redrob, those screens up there look great! The one based on Kaevee looks very nice, and the Council member looks terrific. Keep up the good work my friend!

Thanks, I'll endeavor to do my best :D

Whut? :lol:

Making areas is easy, editing the heads is a differant story.

The problem is not mixing two models up or adding more polyies for hair.

Its our modding tools, that only do half the job. It is tricky and dang annoying to work

on a 3D model for few hours and then NOT getting it OK in game.

Being forced to redo and get the same result. Of course if we don't try we never know.

But I got my hands full as it is :p

Sleheyron and Korriban, plus some other things on the side; my schedule is quiet full. :)

Not that I don't want to help out, but at this moment I wouldn't be much of help... o_Q

Oh, you get the picture.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

First off there will be no kidnapping of Quanon,...just black mail, j/k

Onto the update:

The Liana looks,..WOW amazing as well as the jedi council member:thmbup1:

I have been working on the tweaks for pre-beta 1 and solving some bug issues with pre-beta2.

I'm happy to say I have found a solution that will eliminate the bug issue I had.:)

I plan to take advantage of this holiday weekend and the weekend after to get most of pre-beta2 finished.

I went to a game developer's meeting which had 2 speakers which talked about AI and the creation of cinema scenes for games. Very interesting and helpful.

I have played Dragon Age the past few days and taking notes on they create their side quests in a way to make it interesting and enjoyable. The other area of the game is the dlg options and interactions of the party members.

I plan to use this information to help in my mod's production.

The next Developer's Blog is coming in a day or two...the topic will be party members.

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

Developer’s Blog 3.0

Party members…..

When building a selection of party members to join your PC on the main quest there are a few things you want to include to aid in your selection. These are why would they not just leave the party/PC, what do they bring out in the PC/conflict/shared ideas, how do they get along with the other party members, are they different then the other party members, and what is their back-story to gain emotion and interest in that party member alone.

When creating the party members for Revenge of Revan I looked at what made kotor1/2 ‘s party members work. In the beginning you think how cool it would have this alien or this other characters join your PC but when you start to ask yourself why would they follow the PC sometimes these cool ideas start to fall apart or end up getting merged with other characters. This is just the process so don’t get discouraged.

In Revenge of Revan I wanted to have each of the party members be able to pull on the PC’s personal/emotional strings which will create conflict and a feeling of bonding with your party. You have Liana who is a Jedi and child hood friend who trusts you and believes in your innocence but she also wants to do what’s good for the Jedi Order which is to bring in the PC. Uldir a soldier of Corellia who is very loyal to rules and the galactic laws which will make him want to root out this hidden evil but he has issues working with known criminals and smugglers like Kaila and Nindo. Kaila loves adventure and a speed junky that get roped into working with the PC due to an issue and deal with Vogga the Hutt but she find her-self captivated by the PC’s Jedi skills and willing to do the impossible in heated dangerous situations. Nindo, Kaila’s partner, does not mind killing innocents and even selling arms to warlords who oppress their people but Uldir might end up having words with Nindo over Nindo’s lack of consideration for life. Cain a person who can feel alienated due to his species being unknown by the masses of the Republic and has a view from Kreia’s teaching of controlling events to achieve your end goal. He will see the Jedi and Liana as weak and unprepared to face such trials to come since he sees the Jedi as hiding from their fears rather then learning to face them. Other characters will bring humor for example the ancient spider droid will speak in different species tongues to express attitude and he will have arguments with HK about droids and human society/behavior. These are just a few of the party members in the game.

Now these characters also have to interact with the PC, Cain will give the PC suggestions on how to gain the upper advantage for the PC personally while Uldir will pull the PC to keeping the laws of the Republic. Liana will remind you what it means to be a Jedi and how to watch out for the dark side. Kaila will tempt you with adventure and Nindo will offer ideas on how to gain money and new weapons which might mean helping and making deals with murders.

The party members will also have to be able to grow during the adventure and be influenced by the events they experience during the quest. You might have a moment where party members might turn on you as you saw in kotor1. The goal is to have this not just an adventure for you the PC but also the party members. By the end of the game your party members should be changed in one way or another by the adventure. Uldir might learn to let go of some of his strict rules to help save others even if it means for him to break republic law or Uldir could have his beliefs strengthen by the adventure by seeing the PC living by the Jedi moral code.

The next Blog will be about building a large Mod like Revenge of Revan…..the good, bad, fun, and the struggles….

More to Come.......

Logan

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

Just a few announcements....

First off...redrob41 finished the final Revenge of Revan Logo

kotor2logo2sg.jpg

I also created a Public Social Group for Revenge of Revan.

http://lucasforums.com/group.php?groupid=153

The social group is where i can personally interact with each of you.

Also there is a Thread for Questions to the Developer-

These questions will be for my December Modcast.

The last announcement is that I will be looking for a few more writers to help in the dialogue writing/ creation as well as quests development.

This will allow for more content to be placed into the Mod. We will discuss as a team on quests and events for each of the planets. The main over all plot will not change but events around and how the story fully unfolds can be discussed and tweaked.

Creative, Good writing skills and Grammar is needed.

Writers will need to create their own dlg files. The program dlgeditor 2.3.2 is easy to use and allows us to get the content into the game faster. I can help anyone in learning this program for dlg trees.

I will place in the conditional scripts and other scripts which cause NPCs to attack the PC. The writer will not need to worry about this.

If you are interested contact me by PM.

Team members and writers will gain access to the private Social groups for Revenge of Revan where we will discuss the production of the MOD.

MORE TO COME..........

Logan

Love that logo, looks very professional.

Thanks, I was trying to keep the same level of polish that the original TSL logo had. Oh, and thanks to Sith Holocron for pointing out that the font should be Trajan Pro.

Redrob, you've got to stop doing such good graphics work! :D

Impossible! My head would explode if I churned out substandard work :xp:

Hey everyone!

FaZzZa99, thanks for the link and info.

I'm quite surprise they have given info concerning Revan.

SWTOR has revealed a few things regarding Revan and Malak which may or may not be relevent to RoR, but are interesting anyway, http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...39#post2692239

I looked at the article...

I know some of you are wondering will Revenge of Revan become like Jedi Masters as an alternative universe...and the answer is ...NO.

In many ways what they wrote is the same as what I also wrote and used as my template for Revan.

Now mind you that what we learned does not tell us what happen to Revan and how this all happen. This will be explained in Revenge of Revan.

To your question...this will only strengthen Revenge of Revan since our back stories are similar if not the same but of course in mine there will be more details since i also had to take in consideration of TSL and Kotor portrayal of Revan. So expect more complicated themes concerning this topic. I aim to please the kotor and the TSL fans.

Revenge of Revan as of right now will still fit in perfectly with Cannon.:thmbup1:

MORE TO COME......

Archived