Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

Another request, please ensure that all of your NPC' party members acknowledge each other in the dialogue all the way through your mod. How often do others either refer to or talk directly to Bao-Dur in K2, really? There's probably other examples but I can't think of any at the moment. When party NPC's talk to other people in the scene as well as your PC, it makes a scene come alive! Your character is now really part of scene and not merely in a series of one-on-one conversations.

For this suggestion, I *think* I agree wholeheartedly, but I want to make sure I am fully and clearly grasping the point you are getting at, so I will give an example of what I picture in my head regarding this.

For example, when you have say, Bao-Dur and Quan Drayan in your party... and you are walking thru a city such as Correllia at a certain point in the game. There could be a trigger on the ground that checks for who your party members are, and when you cross the trigger it initiates Bao-Dur striking up a convo with Drayan by asking about current events with the struggles of the Jedi Order, to which Drayan responds with some information and commentary about his role and the PC's role in rebuilding the Order's reputation, etc?

It need not always be critical plot revealing story dialogue, but more something for flavor, a spontaneous interaction between NPCs that makes the player feel as if they are really walking around with two other *people* not robots.

Does that capture your idea, or can you clarify for us?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I think something that was lacking in TSL was the party member sidequests. Yeah, it was cool that you could make them jedi, but I learned pretty much nothing about them in the process (or at least something interesting), other than Atton. What I liked about the party member sidequests in K1 was that I could learn a ton about the character's past. For example, Bastila had to leave behind her entire family and she hadn't seen them since, and I get to reunite her with her mother, or something similar with Mission and Griff. Something else I liked about those quests was that I actually had to GO somewhere and find something, rather than simply saying "Ok, now you're a Jedi!" to Bao-Dur, who I know fought with me in a war... in other words, I didn't know much about him. The only problem I had with the K1 quests was that Bioware implemented them rather half-assed in my opinion; you run into someone who says "I've just seen your son on Korriban, old buddy!"

Heh, look at that, my first rant! :D

Anyway, to make a long story short, I'd like to see interesting party member sidequests where I can delve into the character's pasts. I thought that aspect of TSL was rather, well, for lack of a better term, meh.

but since adding in animation has been shown to be possible - i.e. savvy30039's lean animation for the TSLRP. If she could post a tutorial here, perhaps a team could work on a new supermodel that has more animations. [/url]

Didn't they replace an animation? Instead of adding a new one?

Still SithSpecter and Kzirby showed there's a lot more possible with the animation then I ever thought.

Ofcourse you would need to find somebody crazy enough to spend a ton of time on these extra animations.

About the facial animation being the same: there ain't that many bones in the faces. They can't do much. Also this is an older game, the models themselfs have their limits in how far you can push them in movement.

You all know I did smexy renders of those Twi leks, I tried certain poses, but some of them just turned out ugly, because the model starts to stretch and clips with it self.

Anyway, carry on. I don't want to kill this thread off, with NOT POSSIBLE, statements and all. New animations as in fighting, or doing any other action, yeah, there's a good change to add that in.

Improving or adding better facial animations... hmm, not so much :)

Hey everyone!

I'm back with the Word document layout.

I will give the 2 links where you can down load the 2 files.

One is a older Microsoft Word document that has a layout for that version and a PDF version of the Microsoft Word Version 7.

This will show you how to layout multi-layered dialogue. This will help with organizing and allow you to go back and edit the test with out losing track where it fits in the whole of the conversation.

The chart is on the top followed by the text/dialogue.

Either on the top or bottom you can place the list of conditionals as well as scripts which would be commonly used like checking if a party member is there to comment on the situation or maybe have the give light side points script handy to place next to the text. I always now use either bold or italic to show if gain credits or need a conditional in order to fire.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

This is a template I use and have seen customize for my RoR mod.

Also take not you don't need to do this for every NPC but this is helpful with quest NPCs, cutscenes, and party member dialogue trees.

Enjoy:thmbup1:

If you want I can give a more detailed text on this tool for the tutorial section if anyone feels it should be there for future modders to use.

Here are some pics of the Older Word version:

Older Word Version in a Doc

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=59DNHDIP

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
dlgtemp20.jpg

Show spoiler
dlgtemp21.jpg

New Word 7.0 version. This is in a pdf format

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7GBJCVEO

Here are some pics of the 7.0 Word version

Show spoiler
dlgtemp10.jpg

Show spoiler
dlgtemp11.jpg

MORE TO COME.......

Logan

In the intro crawl seen on the website, Bastilla Shan is mentioned as leading the Jedi Council.

I just read one of your posts on this page about immersion and wanting RoR to feel like it's part of the same universe as KotOR and TSL. Soooo, what's the deal here? Do we not get to decide if KotOR ended darksided?

In the intro crawl seen on the website, Bastilla Shan is mentioned as leading the Jedi Council.

I just read one of your posts on this page about immersion and wanting RoR to feel like it's part of the same universe as KotOR and TSL. Soooo, what's the deal here? Do we not get to decide if KotOR ended darksided?

Yes, Bastilla shows up on the council in both endings. Now I can understand your confusion. I will explain.......

Kotor DS ending:

After Bastilla left Korriban to find Revan she ended up coming across one of her old Teachers/masters who were hiding from the Sith assassins.( Now if you remember the recording of Bastilla she seemed to be only loyal to Revan and not to who ever wins the power struggle on Korriban. He love and bond to Revan is stronger then her devotion of the Dark side. )

When she comes across her old teacher/master/father figure/ she was in the middle of being attacked by some of the Sith assassins. Her former teacher saved her life even though he could sense the dark side in her but it has grown weak and replaced with her feeling for her lost love. The old teacher tells her about the Purge and how some of the masters went to Katarr only to be destroyed. This will lead to a few adventures where Bastilla ends up reconnecting with the light side of the Force. She finds her way back to the light. Her teacher teaches her about the Force and helps complete her training as well as open her eyes to the galaxy as a person/traveler and not as a High Mighty Jedi who is the example of all morality. She learns its human to have conflict with the Force and it teaches her, reminds her that we are not perfect and we have flaws.

After the battle over Telos IV where the Exile defeated Darth Nihilus, Bastilla and her former teacher sensed it through the Force. This is also what lead to the return of the lost Jedi who either went into exile on their own merits or where hiding from the Sith. there were not many left but some Jedi who hid did end up finding force sensitive who they started to train just like Drayen did with the PC. Bastilla returns to the Jedi Order as a new person but she still wonders about her love, Revan. She hopes but also fears what happens if Revan returns..will she stay loyal to the Jedi or to her bond with Revan. Bastilla's former teacher dies shortly after they return to Coruscant. This is how Bastilla was able to be on the Jedi council. A former teacher helped her balance her self and complete her training. In kotor 1 she was not ready for the burden that was thrust upon her and the Masters should of known this and been more cautious.

I hope this clears some stuff up.

You do get to choose Revan's gender and alignment in Revenge of Revan:)

Logan

Hey everyone

I'm working on the final touches of the New 2.0 Lightsaber Creation system/workbench and should be testing it tomorrow. I will post a video soon showing the player making and picking a progression tree for their saber.

I need your help with creating names for the lightsaber hilts.

See in the game you will have the option from a list of saber hilt names. These names will not affect your saber in its attributes but its a way to personalize and keep track of the hilt as you continue to modify and progress.

I would like you to post some cool names for these hilts.

I'm looking for general and ones that might have a dark side origin user or a light side origin user

Post as many names as you like.:)

You just might see your created hilt's name in the Mod: Revenge of Revan.

MORE TO COME........

Logan

Well, off the top of my head i can think of these names.

Aggressor, Anihil, Apocalypse, Blight, Bludgeon, Carnage, Corruptor, Daemon, Decimate, Payne, Slaughter, Viscerate.

Personally i'd get a kick out of seeing a Payne saber in the mod.

You can probably find some cool saber names at the Randomsabers site.

Well, I've been checking this thread for a while, and it's a huge project, one of the best I've ever seen. Luckily, it seems we will have a KOTOR 3, made by you Logan (and I'm willing to bet that it will look better than the High-censored Kotor 2 version:)), so for that you have my thanks ;).

As for the hilts names I've got something in stock, such as:

Malevolence

Tyranny

Nex (it means death/slaughter in latin, so it would be nice for a sith lightsaber)

Fury

Ravager (why does it sound familiar to me?:raise:)

That's all I can think for now :p

• Executioner
  • Demagog
  • Placater
  • Catalyst of Salvation
  • Catalyst of Damnation
  • Heretic
  • Devotee
  • Soul Eater
  • Caucus of Mind
  • Caucus of Body
  • Caucus of Spirit
  • Traitor
  • Defender

Many of these would, of course, be related to, or foil each other. ;D

Also, if you are making a male character with a calm voice (likely either sinister or mysterious), or one with a particularly low voice (somewhat like Goto's, though less mechanical and even lower), I'd be happy to do some VO tryouts. Just note that my microphone isn't the best. If that's not a problem, PM me.

Other than that, good luck, all of you. ^^

Wow, you guys are awesome.

It has come to my attention that you guys are rocking the KOTOR world over here.

One question though- It's called Revenge of Revan, which I like, and the logo is really good too. But Revan is not part of the team or a playable character in this game. Just how much of Revan will actually be in this game??? Spoiler free of course.

From your previous posts, which I have completely read through now, Revan is not overly discussed. The Old Republic is kind of ruining the Kotor Legecy, but you seem determined to keep it alive a little bit longer.

And we are discussing your MOD over in our forums at

http://z11.invisionfree.com/KOTOR_Movies/index.php?act=idx

Another question-

Revan and the Exile can be selected as male or female, but will you have to chose which face they had or will two default one be selected for each???

Hey everyone!

I want to first thank everyone for all the cool Lightsaber hilt names:thmbup1:

I hope to have some of them in the video showing the creation system at work. The video will be done between now and the weekend and so should the modcast.

Wow, you guys are awesome.

It has come to my attention that you guys are rocking the KOTOR world over here.

One question though- It's called Revenge of Revan, which I like, and the logo is really good too. But Revan is not part of the team or a playable character in this game. Just how much of Revan will actually be in this game??? Spoiler free of course.

From your previous posts, which I have completely read through now, Revan is not overly discussed. The Old Republic is kind of ruining the Kotor Legecy, but you seem determined to keep it alive a little bit longer.

And we are discussing your MOD over in our forums at

http://z11.invisionfree.com/KOTOR_Mo...ex.php?act=idx

Another question-

Revan and the Exile can be selected as male or female, but will you have to chose which face they had or will two default one be selected for each???

I am a big fan of the Kotor movies! I seen both of them, great job:thmbup1:

I want to say thanks for all the support.

Onto your questions....

But Revan is not part of the team or a playable character in this game. Just how much of Revan will actually be in this game??? Spoiler free of course.

You are correct Revan is not a party member. Revan does play a large part in the story and yes you will be able to converse with him/her(depends on your gender choice). This will not be a small cameo part like they did with kotor2.

All I can say is that your questions on where did Revan go what he has been doing and so on will be answered in RoR. I can't say much more:)

Another question-

Revan will be in his Armour so faces for Revan is no problem.

For the Exile I'm working on a few ideas which I can't get into till i test them and see if they work. My goal would be to have the Player choose the face of the Exile. I wish i can tell you how I plan to do it but I like to wait till i have test it out before announcing it. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve. :)

MORE TO COME...

Logan

Dayum, I love it when I go on vacations have real life catch up with me, all these updates just pop out of nowhere and I get to salivate over the progress! Anyway, Logan, it's sounding damn nice and I know that that launcher has me hooked! Looks like I'm going to need to fiddle around with my install and make another TSL one just for this :D

nicely done team, nicely done.

Hey everyone,

I'm back with a small update.

Today i will discuss a feature called Holonet News.

You can see it in action by viewing the video update.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H5IMI0R4

You Tube:

Information on the Holonet News:

Access through a terminal

You can find them on all planets (except Malachor V)

Information on galaxy events as well as news on planetary events

Planetary events can only be heard on that planet.

You could learn about indirect side effects from the way you solved certain side quests.

You will even have one on your ship which will include an illegal channel used by smugglers.

This will help bring to life the world of RoR.

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

Archived