Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another idea I had (which separated KotOR 2 from 1) is to have a lot of interaction/confrontation between the party members(e.g. I don't like you, what you gonna do about it!!!)

redrob41

You are so talented!!!

Im really impressed!!!

P.s A few heads I noticed for the second video were Lonna Vash, Luxa, Peragus holocron person and Daraala, Am I right?

Unfortunately, the moderators believe in that nonsense of obeying the law. :(

(LucasArts has a policy against porting form one game to another) However, I'm sure Logan and co have remodeled some tsl heads to look different.

LucasArts are no fun.

Hey everyone

As I promised I have something special for you guys.:)

Revenge of Revan : VO Reveal

Along with the VO samples, the music in the video is RoR original score created by Paige our composer.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Enjoy!

Logan

Awesome! My only complaint is that Bao-Dur must be the same voice actor as Quan Drayan. Quan sounds awesome, but Bao-Dur just sounds like Quan too and not like Bao-Dur. The only thing I can suggest would be to lower Bao's voice a bit - I really think that it would sound just like him then.

On the other hand, I think Bastila is perfect.

As always, keep up the great work. Looking forward to a trailer and especially act 1!

Wow this will have a permanent spot on my HDD,

Does the PC have any romantic interactions with any of the characters? (such as bastila and revan in K1)

What is the timeline of this mod? Does this continue on from K1 or K2? And do any of the characters from the two get a mention or are they seen in the game? (Exception of bastila and Bao-dur - As we've just seen them in the video. :D)

Awesome! My only complaint is that Bao-Dur must be the same voice actor as Quan Drayan. Quan sounds awesome, but Bao-Dur just sounds like Quan too and not like Bao-Dur. The only thing I can suggest would be to lower Bao's voice a bit - I really think that it would sound just like him then.

On the other hand, I think Bastila is perfect.

Yeah, listening to it, I think Bao-Dur's volume is a little too high. Making him softer would probably help. Too much of my natural enunciation/tonality comes thru with the high volume, and that makes it easier to tell that its the same person, even though the characterization and speech patterns are different..

EDIT: I was originally using a lower pitch for Master Drayen, but I find my voice gets "tired" really easily doing it that way. It may be necessary to go back to it, though. I will just have to record in smaller sessions, to rest my voice in between.

No one's mentioned the music yet. Well, it's great, same with the VO's

Oh God, don't make my hyped with the music, I'm already stressed out from all the awesomeness that logan is showing us... :xp:

The VO's are great! But maybe you should bring down Bao-Dur's voice a little bit. It sounds a little high (for Bao-Dur) and too much like Drayen's voice.

Yeah, listening to it, I think Bao-Dur's volume is a little too high. Making him softer would probably help. Too much of my natural enunciation/tonality comes thru with the high volume, and that makes it easier to tell that its the same person, even though the characterization and speech patterns are different..

EDIT: I was originally using a lower pitch for Master Drayen, but I find my voice gets "tired" really easily doing it that way. It may be necessary to go back to it, though. I will just have to record in smaller sessions, to rest my voice in between.

Yeah, this is exactly what I was meaning... as Bao-Dur, you sound great. As Quan Drayan, you sound great. However, they do sound the same. Lowering Bao-Durs voice will greatly help to distinguish the two. Just my thoughts :)

:D

Smashing!

I see that we have not figured out how to recolor the top right-hand GUI though, which is unfortunate. Such a minor detail, but with how polished EVERYTHING else looks and sounds, it is my only gripe!

The VO matching for Bao-Dur and Bastila are really impressive! Master Drayen does sound a bit much like Bao, but I think that can be addressed in several ways, including changing nothing :p The quality of the work is outstanding.

One quibble with Bastila's VO: at times there seems to be a bit of an echo effect on it... It could be the quality of microphone she recorded on, which probably cannot be helped (I assume we are all hobbyists and do not have incredible sound studios to record in)... but if it is an effect, perhaps that could be toned down a hair.

All in all, once again Team RoR, fabulous work! I have been too busy playing ME1 and 2 to do any KotOR gaming, but eventually I will need to play TSLRCM just to get me ready for

Revenge of Revan, which I think I can safely say is the most anticipated mod release we have had here since the original TSLRCM release... and maybe more so :D

The population of areas is excellent... there is a lot of eye candy, places look alive... I could keep on gushing, but you get the point!

I've generally learned not to allow myself to get too excited about total conversions, until they're actually released, no matter how close they seem. So many have just fizzled out, despite so much potential.

Seeing what you've done though, reading your posts, and listening to your dev diaries, this project is an exception. This is a TC that I let myself get excited about, and have little doubt will be released. Mainly because you've got a fully laid-out (though with some necessary flexibility of course) plan and a working methodology to let you get through it. Most of the TCs I've seen (and seen fail) have done so because the devs lacked one of those things.

The VO work seems very well done, the music seems to fit well with KOTORs, and the areas look very nice indeed. I'm very much looking forward to 'when it's done'.

fantastic! just fantastic, the bastila voice is great, you really found the perfect voice actor for her. I didn't notice that Quan and Bao-dur sounds the same, anyway, everything was awsome! The music and the voiceacting really brings everything so much to life, now i'm really sight for this!

:D

Smashing!

I see that we have not figured out how to recolor the top right-hand GUI though, which is unfortunate. Such a minor detail, but with how polished EVERYTHING else looks and sounds, it is my only gripe!

The VO matching for Bao-Dur and Bastila are really impressive! Master Drayen does sound a bit much like Bao, but I think that can be addressed in several ways, including changing nothing :p The quality of the work is outstanding.

One quibble with Bastila's VO: at times there seems to be a bit of an echo effect on it... It could be the quality of microphone she recorded on, which probably cannot be helped (I assume we are all hobbyists and do not have incredible sound studios to record in)... but if it is an effect, perhaps that could be toned down a hair.

All in all, once again Team RoR, fabulous work! I have been too busy playing ME1 and 2 to do any KotOR gaming, but eventually I will need to play TSLRCM just to get me ready for

Revenge of Revan, which I think I can safely say is the most anticipated mod release we have had here since the original TSLRCM release... and maybe more so :D

The population of areas is excellent... there is a lot of eye candy, places look alive... I could keep on gushing, but you get the point!

Yeah my recording equipment isn't that great! As you said I am but a humble hobbyist

Archived