Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to stop by and share some pics with you.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
k300775.jpg

Show spoiler
k300773.jpg

Show spoiler
k300772.jpg

Show spoiler
k300770.jpg

Show spoiler
k300778.jpg

I will have more pics in the future but right now I have been focusing on getting the new writers up to speed on the project as well as building the levels in the game.

Everything is going well.

The VO/ Content Patch is still being worked on for the Demo (Beta).

I don't have a date for its release just yet but will let you guys know when I feel the build, and content are all in.

As for Act1, the first half of the game, this will be sometime in 2012.

MORE TO COME....

Logan

Hey I'm playing Revenge of Revan on an unmodded koror2 game and I ran into a little problem. I don't know if this is the place to report bug issues but basically I can't find the black box 2 in the corllian jungle. There is a piece of debris in a northeast knob right under where you find the dead beast master. I can click on it but it doesn't open up as a container. I'm wondering if that's where it is. My impressions of the demo? great! I have one thing to say. I hope the space station involved in the storyline is Centerpoint Station from the Star wars books. That would be cool. Origins on the station are ambiguous at best (lore says it moved planets into the corilloian sector) and I have a theory that it was built by the Ratakan the aliens who built the Star Forge. Every Star Wars needs it's death star style super weapon and I hope centerpoint gets included in the final version of this mod. Good stuff guys! I'm enjoying playing this!:thmbup1:

Hey I'm playing Revenge of Revan on an unmodded koror2 game and I ran into a little problem. I don't know if this is the place to report bug issues but basically I can't find the black box 2 in the corllian jungle. There is a piece of debris in a northeast knob right under where you find the dead beast master. I can click on it but it doesn't open up as a container. I'm wondering if that's where it is.

Check your inventory for the black boxes. They are all found in the jungle module where the beast master was. When you click the wreckage you will get them but unless you have the fix patch you won't know you have it till you check your inventory.

The location you mention next to the dead beast master is not the placeable with the black box.

It's in the jungle section.

If you still have trouble finding it then send me a message at my profile and i will give you the 3 locations so you can let me know if this is a bug.

I'm glad your enjoying the mod.

Thanks!

Logan

• 2 weeks later...

The project is going well. :thmbup1:

One of my new writers has been working on some nice side quests as he is being brought into the fold of the project. I have two additional writers who plan to be also help in writing dialogue and content for the project.

I lost a weekend, since I was Beta Testing swTOR. (Had a lot of fun:) )

I'm also in the middle of reading the Revan Book and making notes on how Revan and the Exile will be placed into the game and what possible changes.

One concept idea is to have it if the player chooses the canon Revan story when they have their first conversation with Master Drayen. This would be highlighted with the option where you mention you do not care about the facts around Revan and the Exile.

If you choose to select the gender and alignment of Revan and the Exile you will get a slightly different non canon story of Revan in the game.

Result:

This will allow players to see how this game would connect to the cannon Revan Book story if they choose to.

If they don't want this and choose the gender and alignment themselves, they will get something slightly different, which will have elements from the Revan Book's elements but the major elements will be from my view of Revan, which was created for this game from the beginning.

I believe this will satisfy both players, those who want more strict cannon on Revan and Exile and those who want fully define these characters and see a new story that would fit into the transition of kotor1/2 and swTOR.

More updates will be coming as we get closer to winter break.

Next update will be about Creating Side Quests

This will also have tips for other projects and quest designers. (Aimed to be a slight tutorial and worksheet for other modders in the community.)

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

Smae, id love to test. Though im not buying the game, Monthley fee, my gaming allowance is like £50 a year lol. Though this yeasr ive spen like £200. Im kinda adicted to the 3ds lol. jks. But then how come ive posted 61 posts in 3 days since ive joined. Im soo keen on swkotor modding. Arn't we all...

One concept idea is to have it if the player chooses the canon Revan story when they have their first conversation with Master Drayen. This would be highlighted with the option where you mention you do not care about the facts around Revan and the Exile.

How about something along the lines of:

"How the writers of history books choose to record the exploits of Revan and the Exile is of little importance to me."

instead of the current line we have? That way it takes a nod to the new Revan novel.

I've read somewhere that book is godawful and pisses all over TSL (as expected)... i seriously hope you guys care more (way more) about K1/TSL continuity and rational expectations as to the development of it's characters and subplots (as well as your *own* original story) than trying to make a confusing pastiche by also going the route of that book as a mere "in-between" universe set-up platform to the mmo. :)

• 2 weeks later...

^I Agree with Capibara.

Not only does it piss on TSL it also doesn't give the proper closure to Revan and the Exile. And the reason for the Sith Emperor being delayed is REALLY lame. They should have made it so that in a duel between Revan, the Exile and the Sith Emperor that nearly everything on the planet was destroyed except the Emperor who slowly regenerates his body over the course of the next 250-300 years. It would have at least sent Revan and the Exile out with a bang.

AND spoiler

Show spoiler
They kill T3-M4, they ****ING KILL T3-M4. No matter what, that should be taken out of the story for RoR.

Dear Logan23!

I'm very imprest by your work on Revenge Of Revan, and video with revealed VO and original music very inspired me!

I always was a true fan of Star Wars, and KotOR espacialy. And now i want to get a chance to be involed to creation of such expectible chapter of Revan's and Exile's story!

I will be happy to write some music to this mod, whatever world or situation it belongs to! I have a high enough musical aducation, and posibilities to record it with samples of highest quality!

I know you have a composer for this project and a lot of themes already done, BUT if you have just something you plan to do, some posible themes, it will be honor for me to give a little piece of my heart to this great project!

Here're a links to fiew themes i composed, and i hope it matches to emotional idea of RoR story!

Thank you for your time!

With best regards, Darth Delator!:)

Archived