Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey i have to say i found out about all this yesterday and have been looking up everything i could find about it.(which is not much)And I downloaded the beta with the patch and played it. It was amazing congrats on making KotoR three because thats what it is for real.:thmbup1: i've even played the beta testing for Tor a few times and i thought it was good with a good story but this passed it at least in the jedi Knight didnt play any of the others. I did have a question though, im Really glad you are putting Kelborn in there as i was worried the it might not have a mando party mem. when in the game do we get him is it near the beginning of the game? and will we meet other mando's in game too? will there be a mando camp like tsl, cause that would be cool. Thanks.:thmbup1: Also I have not made any mods but ive made alot of big mods compatible with others so if there is any basic grunt work I can help. And an idea if you want to be ready to play either Tsl or RoR without haveing to switch or do anything. What people could do is first go into Harddrive c then into program files then into lucasarts (if there isnt one create it) then creat a Folder called RoR or Rise of Revan your pick then install tsl but pick custom install then you just hit next until you reach where it wants to install the game then go through the path C,program files,lucasarts, and pick RoR then just hit the install button and when its all done do another istall of Tsl and it will let you cause it cant find the KotoR 2 file on your pc. then you just do your stuff to install your mod RoR and when you reach your tsl patcher just pick your RoR folder and wala you have RoR and Tsl on your pc also because you used the first folder as your RoR one you can now mod your tsl copy and have it still work. I would sugest that you Pick your RoR icon when you make your shortcut to be different so you dont wonder Which is which mabye make your own icon for the game? anyway great job thanks again for this game im sure its going to be great when it comes out.:thmbup1: also sorry bout this being run along im not sure how to space this out since im new to lucas forums

Hey i have to say i found out about all this yesterday and have been looking up everything i could find about it.(which is not much)And I downloaded the beta with the patch and played it. It was amazing congrats on making KotoR three because thats what it is for real.:thmbup1: i've even played the beta testing for Tor a few times and i thought it was good with a good story but this passed it at least in the jedi Knight didnt play any of the others. I did have a question though, im Really glad you are putting Kelborn in there as i was worried the it might not have a mando party mem. when in the game do we get him is it near the beginning of the game? and will we meet other mando's in game too? will there be a mando camp like tsl, cause that would be cool. Thanks.:thmbup1: Also I have not made any mods but ive made alot of big mods compatible with others so if there is any basic grunt work I can help. And an idea if you want to be ready to play either Tsl or RoR without haveing to switch or do anything. What people could do is first go into Harddrive c then into program files then into lucasarts (if there isnt one create it) then creat a Folder called RoR or Rise of Revan your pick then install tsl but pick custom install then you just hit next until you reach where it wants to install the game then go through the path C,program files,lucasarts, and pick RoR then just hit the install button and when its all done do another istall of Tsl and it will let you cause it cant find the KotoR 2 file on your pc. then you just do your stuff to install your mod RoR and when you reach your tsl patcher just pick your RoR folder and wala you have RoR and Tsl on your pc also because you used the first folder as your RoR one you can now mod your tsl copy and have it still work. I would sugest that you Pick your RoR icon when you make your shortcut to be different so you dont wonder Which is which mabye make your own icon for the game? anyway great job thanks again for this game im sure its going to be great when it comes out.:thmbup1: also sorry bout this being run along im not sure how to space this out since im new to lucas forums

Welcome Rejeans. Ive only been here for a while and im sure you'll love it like i do. And first, its revenge of revan. And I dont think your idea would work. There would be too many conflicts. I think there will be a mandalorien camp or encounter as canderous/mandalore was a party member in boths kotor games. If you want to learn how to make mods, check the tutorial section as thats where i spend most of my time while on LF.

Logan may I ask who is the main skinner for the project. Is it redrob41? As he is amazing. Hope all is well.

May I ask who is the main skinner for the project. Is it redrob41? As he is amazing. Hope all is well.

RedRob41 does the major character skins as well as some minor character skins. And i agree, his skins are unbelievable, Great Job RedRob41 :thmbup1:

okay so im testing with your beta to see if my idea will work it turns out that you would need to click install but that then it dosnt asks you if you want custom install or not it just asks you if you accept the terms then next page is the location for the first install just put SWRoR Where SWKotoR II is ill see if it works on my pc and get back to you if it works or not thanks

I DID IT!! just not the way i thought so what i did to make it work becuase you were right the other way did'nt work so what i did was i went to C : programfiles : lucasarts and in there i made a folder called SWRoR and then i opened another window but this one was at C : programfiles : lucasarts:KotoR II and then dragged everything from kotoR II to SWRoR i then went to programs and uninstalled Tsl then i Reinstalled and everything was fine i already had your beta installed when i Dragged the stuff in the folder (though i know that it wont matter if you do or not)to SWRoR so the beta was already installed ive opened both KotoR II and RoR and both run just fine so it worked (note i havent tested so i dont know if it will work copy/pasting instead of dragging) so yea now i can play your beta (and the game once its out) and Tsl without having to change it back and forth. i can also mod my tsl all i want and it still will work ive tested this idea today so and it does work. dont know if you like this idea but all you would have to do is put in your readme for people to do it may not sound it in text but when you do it it is really easy to do. up to you thanks

also a note you may want to install the patch to tsl before dragging up to you though

also the save game editer will not see SWRoR this is an easy fix just if you want to use it on SWRoR just right click on TSL and make a new path to SWRoR if you then want KOTOR II just change the path back have tested this and it works. Hey also i had a question would it by any chance posible to have the lost jedi's robes (you know mira, atton, brianna, and so on) for tsl to wear like in a seperate mod Please!!!!! that would be awsome cause when i looked at them in game they were the best. Thanks

i'm not sure if this has been asked before, but from what I can tell this doesn't adhere to any canon i've ever seen. So my question is, is this supposed to be canonical?

the story is created by logan, so no, it isn't canon

but i believe it's done in a way that avoids serious conflicts with canon

except for the way SWTOR handles the Revan business

Hello everybody,

I just got an idea. After you complete the mod there should be some other credits besides the original ones. Eg:

Revenge of Revan Mod created by Logan23

Creator Logan23

Lead Designer Logan23

Character Artist Redrob41

Dialogue Logan23, Lord of Hunger, Divide&Conquer, Juansaman

and other things like special thanks, scripting etc...

If my idea has been already requested, I''m sorry. I only heard about this mod yesterday and I red only about 14 pages of this thread so I may be out-to-date.

Best regards and a happy new year,

Vlad

how's it going? I played the mod and was left hanging in the blue room

Yeah, that's the temporary ending for the Demo. Rest assured, there will be plenty more story to replace that blue room.

i'm not sure if this has been asked before, but from what I can tell this doesn't adhere to any canon i've ever seen. So my question is, is this supposed to be canonical?

Logan23 (with help from other contributing writers) has tried his best come up with a story that could fit within the known canon (at least what was known before the release of the Revan novel and TOR). Now that canon isn't as perfectly compatable with the original RoR storyline, but Logan is a smart guy, so I'm sure that he'll compensate. Right now, the plan is to have an option come up during a conversation, that allows the PC to choose which history for Revan and the Exile to use: canon or alternate history. Don't forget, some people may have chosen non-canon Dark Side endings when playing KotOR and TSL, and we want everyone to be able to continue the story the way they want to; not just Lucas Arts canon.

Thanks for posting that link to my gallery :) where I had responded with some notes about creating the logo design.

I just got an idea. After you complete the mod there should be some other credits besides the original ones. Eg:

If my idea has been already requested, I''m sorry. I only heard about this mod yesterday and I red only about 14 pages of this thread so I may be out-to-date.

Welcome to the forums darth-ackbar and Artimonier :waive1:. Yeah, there's a lot of reading, but I'm glad to hear that you're actually going through it :D

The demo does have some scrolling credits at the end. They aren't in the traditional Star Wars blue font, but they make sure that everyone who contributed gets a mention. Some people (like myself) even use our real names, as well as our on-line handles.

Hello everybody,

I found a little problem in the RoR Beta installation doc change list.

Change list:

mus_a_100

mus_jedi

mus_a_003

mus_a_232

mus_a_31

mus_a_503

mus_main

mus_sion

There is no mus_a_31 file in the KOTOR music. Hopefully I searched that folder and found a file called "mus_a_351".

Forgot to say... In the next Beta or "non-Beta" version there should be an application that when you launch it, it does all the work for you". (No manual copy, paste or rename.)

Regards,

Vlad

Hey everyone!

Happy new year!!!

Feels good to be done with the holidays.

I hope everyone had a great holiday!

The mod is going well.

I'm going back to the technical modding aspects starting today.

I have been working on layout and design documents for the mod in between eating and seeing family.

These layout and docs are to aid in allowing New team members a nice transition into the project.

This next month I will be aiming to finish all the tweaks to the beta and the get ready for the rest of the VO next month for that VO / content tweak patch.

The RoR team would like to say thank you and wish you a happy new year :-)

@Artimonier

Thanks for pointing that out. I will see if that number is needed or typo with those numbers.

Update:

Next month will be the release of the RoR New Website.

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

Hey just a question in this mod your party members, will the ones that don't start as Jedi/sith be able to train into those also how many jedi/sith will there be in your party to start with? Also one of the things that I fixed with mods in KotOR 1 but didn't need for tsl is in tsl I've allways loved that the party is change able with different choices for instance if your male you get handmaiden female disciple, nar shaddaa you can get ethier hanhar or mira of course I always liked handmaiden and Mira way better but anyway will there be any of that in this and If there is can it be by option so that if you like one NPC better than another you can choose? And last but not least without giving away big spoilers can you tell me anything like updates or whatever on kelborn saw you were putting him as a party member and am way exited about that!! Out of the very few so far I've heard of he seems like the coolest party member. Oh yes sorry bout so many questions but I've just got one more will there be any carry over party members in your party from KotOR or tsl? Thanks a buntch this mod seems awesome

• 2 weeks later...

Logan and the rest of the team,

Thank you so much for all this hard work and dedication you have put into this mod so far! It has been progressing so well and is very impressive! I have tried following it to the best I can! Also, if you need any extra/ quick skins (I know redrob is the main skinner on this project, but I would love to help alleviate some of the stress etc.) Just send me a pm if you want I suppose. Always would be happy to help!

~d3sd0

Archived