Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

I sincerely hope that it's released early next year or this year. I've played the other conversion mod The Jedi Masters but it's not challenging in the slightest and it doesn't feel like Kotor but I think they did do a great job, but ROV will be much better I beleive.

Anyway let's try to spark this forum up again. :p

Do you know TJM is getting improved? Well, if not, check it out on the forums, or some one will give you a link. And perhaps it'll be better, we'll see.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Oh my bad.

I forgot to update my visa card.

Will take care of this.

Site will be up in a few

UPDATE: I fixed the payment for the domain

I think it will take 24 hours till the site is back up.

I looked at the mapping but i don't see any issues - just think it needs time

This mod looks terrific. I'm definitely looking forward to it. The only criticism I'd make is that, while the voice-acting seems solid, the actual audio quality seems quite low... almost like the lines were recorded in a bathroom.

Just something I noticed. Mod still looks great, and I'm impressed by how much work has gone into it.

• 2 weeks later...

Huge respect to all of you involved on the working of this mod. Also, huge respect for not forcing that canon **** down the players throats. I think that 7-10 years after Knights II is too long.

I mean, if Revan and the Exile have been alive all that time, then what the hell have they been doing? Surely a Sith civil war wouldn't last that long and surely they wouldn't be prisoners for that long. Other than that, great job.

Huge respect to all of you involved on the working of this mod. Also, huge respect for not forcing that canon **** down the players throats. I think that 7-10 years after Knights II is too long.

I mean, if Revan and the Exile have been alive all that time, then what the hell have they been doing? Surely a Sith civil war wouldn't last that long and surely they wouldn't be prisoners for that long. Other than that, great job.

Read the Revan novel if you really want to know what Revan and Meetra Surik (aka the Jedi Exile) have been doing since the events of K1 & TSL. ;)

Read the Revan novel if you really want to know what Revan and Meetra Surik (aka the Jedi Exile) have been doing since the events of K1 & TSL. ;)

I know about that. I'm hoping that any fan made mod ignores that crap. Revan, alive for three hundred years? The Exile, stabbed in the back, killed so easy?

Then BioWare decides to use a canon Revan and canon Exile ghost in their game. Leave canon out of the games, that should be a mandatory rule.

BioWare set the MMO 300 years after Knights II - they should've just made an entirely new story and the Revan novel should never have been made.

True. The Old Republic MMO did ignore previous canon. HK-47 was supposed to be on Mustafar until the time of Luke Skywalker, not killed off so quickly.<---Star Wars: Galaxy MMO.

Just ignore the MMO and all that is tied to it and go off into an alternate universe, like the white cloaked Vader.

The worst thing, that official version we don't realy like is permament part of the Star Wars history. Every game, every book never crossed with each other - there're always was a perfect stright line. Until this moment. Unfortunately. Money decide everything.

But, to be honest, the story isn't so bad itself as performance if it. MMO will never tell the story in such way as single player RPG. So on my opinion there should been 3 parts of KotOR, and only then MMO...

The Revan book and the mmo are a horrendous disgrace to the characters we know from the KOTOR games. Revan, one of the greatest military minds, described as "looking at him was like looking into the heart of the force". But in five years he is unable to escape from a cell, then spends another 3 hundred as a prisoner again. I'd be very happy if that book and mmo canon was completely ignored in revenge of Revan. Those characters deserve better!

Horrendous disgrace indeed, Jaymen. Not just the whole canon thing, but they turned Revan and the Exile into complete pussies.

I like the idea of a story taking place a couple years after Knights II. Run with the whole Sith fighting against each other idea, but instead of killing off the Exile cheaply and having Revan being stuck as a prisoner for 300 years, make the new PC someone who goes to the unknown regions and helps Revan and the Exile defeat the emperors forces. Allow the player to customise the gender, alignment and appearance of Revan and the Exile and it'd be sweet.

I know about that. I'm hoping that any fan made mod ignores that crap. Revan, alive for three hundred years? The Exile, stabbed in the back, killed so easy?

Then BioWare decides to use a canon Revan and canon Exile ghost in their game. Leave canon out of the games, that should be a mandatory rule.

BioWare set the MMO 300 years after Knights II - they should've just made an entirely new story and the Revan novel should never have been made.

As a member of the RoR team, I can tell you that K3 crafts a satisfying conclusion to K2's story and that of Revan and Meetra, while utilizing the Revan novel AND bridging the "Knights" games to "TOR"

I don't want to give anything away, but there will be options to customize the story to your liking, and make those people happy who want to ignore Revan. ;)

One of the reasons for the 7-10 years is that RoR is telling how did the Jedi Order rebuild. What were the issues during this reconstruction. Was there conflict between the Exile's pupils and the old traditionalist - who are the surviving Jedi from the Purge.

There is an option to have strict canon or to not use it.

Player gets to clearly choose this during the talk with Drayen in the opening scene. (was not in the Beta Demo)

True. The Old Republic MMO did ignore previous canon. HK-47 was supposed to be on Mustafar until the time of Luke Skywalker, not killed off so quickly.<---Star Wars: Galaxy MMO.

Just ignore the MMO and all that is tied to it and go off into an alternate universe, like the white cloaked Vader.

We don't know what happen between the events in the MMO with Hk-47 and his arrival on Mustafar.

I'm sure there is a story or two there.

The Revan book and the mmo are a horrendous disgrace to the characters we know from the KOTOR games. Revan, one of the greatest military minds, described as "looking at him was like looking into the heart of the force". But in five years he is unable to escape from a cell, then spends another 3 hundred as a prisoner again. I'd be very happy if that book and mmo canon was completely ignored in revenge of Revan. Those characters deserve better!

I understand your frustration with the ending arc for these two characters in the MMO/ Revan Book.

RoR hopes to give you that closure.

Since Taris is one of the worlds in the MMO, that could run afoul of Dark Horse Comics' major storyline of the Muur Talisman. IIRC the various MMO's are lower rank for canon than other sources.

Isn't Revenge of Revan supposed to have Zayne Carrick and Jael in it?

No, Zayne Carrick and Jael are not in RoR because I don't want to bring in these characters and have something contradict any future comics.

Actually I based the Player's freedom with LS/DS using Zayne Carrick (LS) and Cade Skywalker (DS).

So you can be that dark side Jedi/Force User or the very helpful Zayne. Cade is great with the idea of a character who is a force user and conflicted in what kind of person he wants to be; do you justify the use of the dark side force.

As a member of the RoR team, I can tell you that K3 crafts a satisfying conclusion to K2's story and that of Revan and Meetra, while utilizing the Revan novel AND bridging the "Knights" games to "TOR"

I don't want to give anything away, but there will be options to customize the story to your liking, and make those people happy who want to ignore Revan. ;)

Thanks Darth Hayze:)

I have to get some more modules to you hopefully before new years or shortly after, for you to test/review.

Darth Hayze is one of the writers on the RoR project.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season!

Logan23

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, it's been a long time since I've been here to post anything. Over the past year, my wife and I looked long for a new house, and finally found a great one. Unfortunately, we got a bad storm here a month after moving in, and got some water in the basement. Not enough to ruin anything, but we had to do some construction to make sure it doesnt' ever happen again (mostly outdoor grading, re-doing sidewalks and finding back flow prevention valves). Anyway, there's still some to work on, but I've at least had time to also work on some modding lately.

Unfortunately, the only things I've managed to work on, would be way too spoilery to show any screenies. I've posted a pic in the RoR Team Members social group. Hopefully, some of the team could check it out, and let everyone else know just how awesome it looks **maniacal laugh**

Now, do I have the time to look through all the new pages that the great fans of RoR have posted since I've been gone? :raise: Hmm, maybe I should sleep instead.

Hey Everyone!

A quick Update:

I have added 3 more Profiles to the Revenge of Revan Website

revengeofrevan.com

We have started to test a few more modules and writing more scenes for the game.

I hope to increase the updates as we move toward spring.:D

@ Redrob41, WoW!! Those images are amazing!

On a side note- I was involve in the Global Game Jam this past weekend.

48hrs to build a game.

Our team of 6 built a game called ""Panic Cycle"

Link:

http://globalgamejam.org/2013/panic-cycle

Its free to download - plus there are about 35,000 other free games that were created during the weekend- globally

Check it out- oh hit F4 to expand the game screen to full screen.

MORE TO COME,

Logan

Archived