Home

Is it possible to...

Master Niewiedzial

Practically all of the game dialogs use a reference to dialog.tlk - so the language used depends on what language game you bought. Long story short, the only way it's possible is to take out the reference to dialog.tlk in all the dialogs and write it in the language you want.

--Stream

I meant the movies that everyone was talking about better resolution ones. Like the Ebon Hawk flies away that kind of movies.

EDIT:

Oh it's not for me it's for some other Polish guy from other forum which asked about that and I'm asking you because there is experts in modding down here. I have no problem with my English so I don't need it but I just wanted to help the other guy.

I meant the movies that everyone was talking about better resolution ones. Like the Ebon Hawk flies away that kind of movies.

The bink cutscene movies only come in one language on the game discs, so you can't switch language of the game entirely through modding. If the higher-res cutscene movie pack is available in more than one language you could download them that way though.

This is my understanding of AVI files: in an AVI there are several, for want of a better word, layers. For example there is one layer for audio, one for video, and another one for subtitles (there are also many others and that's probably wildly oversimplifying it). When you compile your AVI, all of the layers are merged into one, and when you convert it to a .bik file, I'm fairly sure it is impossible to separate the layers again.

The only thing I can think of converting the video to an AVI, then cropping it to remove the subtitles. Then you can add a new black bar to the bottom and replace the subtitles with whatever you want.

If you can download a high-res movie pack and it has the original AVI files, then it should be possible to edit the subtitles. It just depends if it is the original AVI's.

Archived