Home

Duel mode???

Quijohn

Does anyone else find that loading up duel mode is broken? When I load a new game and use "Duel" for the gametype I lose all control and become stuck at the "join game" screen unable to do anything except minimize the game and close it from windows. Not sure if anyone encountered this problem yet.

Shucks. Wish I Knew why it works for some and not for others. Me and my brother use duel gametype almost exclusively and it always worked fine in all previous versions. It's only since the new menu screens with 1.1 that it's been a problem. I also don't know what "devs word is law" means. Does that mean it won't be looked into any further?

Alright hang on, I'm gonna do another test.

Again, I couldn't recreate the problem but there are some strange things going on that I'm wow'ing at here. For example the game freezes up just as I enter game, then continues back to normal but changes my saber to white.

Oh wait I don't have that problem anymore. Now I remember how I fixed it. I simply downloaded the latest version of OJP. Look at Maxstate's sig for the latest files

Btw, can someone please create a sticky thread with the latest files? We have threads with titles like "GET LATEST VERSION OF OJP HERE!" all over the place. I'd be confused too if I were a noob ;)

Eum, I downloaded both files from maxstates sig again and replaced with them my current ones, but it still actes strange; whenever I am in duel or powerduel gametype, the Force menu is messed up; while all Force powers seem to work good, the saber forms are "available" even without Schii-choo OR there are no forms at all and only saber throw is "available" but even when I put points in there I will not get anything after respawns.

Tried to reinstall OJP, but still same problem.

EDIT: Yes there are 2 "modes" of this problem depending on which map the duel is taking place; either "all forms without shii-cho (and shii cho is invisible)", which is a case of Bespin Duel map, or "no forms only throw" which happens to me in Generator Room for example.

Shucks. Wish I Knew why it works for some and not for others. Me and my brother use duel gametype almost exclusively and it always worked fine in all previous versions. It's only since the new menu screens with 1.1 that it's been a problem. I also don't know what "devs word is law" means. Does that mean it won't be looked into any further?

Yeah thats what I meant, but I was just kidding :p.

Btw, can someone please create a sticky thread with the latest files? We have threads with titles like "GET LATEST VERSION OF OJP HERE!" all over the place. I'd be confused too if I were a noob ;)

We already do. It's the sticky thread "Get OJP Here!" We need to improve communication about that. I'll talk to Max about it.

Translation: Razor Ace is looking into it.

Archived