Home

Jedi thing please read

deathclone

Options default  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Options default

• YES hero default
    • NO hero default

I want to know WHY u dont like jedi in the game and why u h8ed BF2 i know its not a jedi game and 1 guy said custom jedi well NO as for jedi.... should WE ( the guys that want jedi) hav to make jedi OR should it stay the way it is now THEY hav to say no jedi during options

The Heros/Villians where too powerful,its not very hard to capture the last CP and start spawn-killing, leading to everyone using rockets and mines in BF2, which led to very boring games(on the xbox verision at least), Space was a cool idea, I was excited about it before the game came out, but its just two ships across from each other with a few frigates doing absolutely nothing.

Its the same on PC except on non hero servers(except on kamino) the only classes used are rockets, engeneers and grenade launcher units since theyre all over powered, especially engeneer.

Maybe it would be a good idea that mines only work on vehicles.

And the creaters of the game should do a limit of all infantry except the standard carbine infantry.

You get better battles.

• 1 month later...
i dont get chain/spam email cuz all my friends h8 em so i never get them so i didnt know it was a spam name. Space wasnt THAT BAD but now i know what people do online with spawn killing i finally agree NO JEDI :ball::blubeam::lsduel::ball:

LOL, "Commence order 66" KILL THE JEDI! space was pretty cool though they need to give it somthing diff for SBIII :3pdance:

• 1 month later...

Well if you cant stand Rockets join a TK on server, of course there will be det rushers and newbies unaware its a TK on server but its still better.

If you wanted to make the rocket launcher realistic in load times why the hell would someone bring one to the frontline of a battle especially a map w/o tanks, in the first place.

I think the engineers self heal and 40 foot shotgun is more of a problem, if they must i can stand the dets and self heal but a maybe reduce the amount of health/ammo packs to 3 and increase the load time so that it takes longer to fully heal yourself.

I want to know WHY u dont like jedi in the game and why u h8ed BF2 i know its not a jedi game and 1 guy said custom jedi well NO as for jedi.... should WE ( the guys that want jedi) hav to make jedi OR should it stay the way it is now THEY hav to say no jedi during options

moresense.jpg

Grammar please.

Oh, and I hate Jedi in the Battlefront series because they ruin the whole point of being an average Joe with a rifle. For the record, the poll options make no sense either.

"Why do you hate Jedi?"

"Yes, hero default."

I Like Jedi in the Game. They're really not that hard to take out. I think that in the hands of a good Hero Player.. a hero can do some considerable damage. But there is always a counter to any unit/character. I really don't think there is a real overpowered unit/character in the game. I think DarkTroopers can be overpowered.. but not compared to a player who dominates with the wookie he's not. So it evens out IMO. Even the engineer.. some may say he's overpowered, but one head shot from a sniper (that the engineer couldn't even see) and the det packs don't matter so much.

The only unit I think could even be considered overpowered is the MagnaGuard and that's only because he's so easy to play and dominate when doing so. But when you match a magnaGuard against a good skilled Sniper there's no contest. The MagnaGuard's poison or homing rockets don't do much with a Clone Commander at the end of the Hallway with his gun warmed up. Not many stand a chance in that hallway. Some units may be easier to play than others.. but that shouldn't be confused with the unit being overpowered. There is a balance to them in the hands of an overall skilled player. There's more than just playing Heroes all the time and more than just playing Sniper all the time (which I'm guilty of). All around skill comes when it doesn't matter if there's a Jedi on the field... or 2 DarkTroopers. It's just another threat to be dealt with.

You can enable Heroes.. or you can disable them. In Instant action you can pretty much set up whatever battlefront scenario you want. Online.. there's plenty of servers with any amount of different settings.. no heroes.. TK on.. Some servers have self imposed rules (IE:Sniper only, or if it's a mod map sometimes it will only have the sniper unit playable).

What I like most about SWBF2 is that you can enter a battle as whatever unit you want... on any map you want.... and play anyway you want to play the game. I think they could take this a step farthur. Let us enable specific certain units for play.. or setup a map with no vehicles.. or set one up with nothing but vehicle gameplay... and do this without having to make a mod map for it.

Isn't that the point of the game? I think Lucas Arts should expand on that concept of being able to play the game anyway you want to play it... follow the story line (campaign goals) or go off in your own little world to play anyway you want. Much like the Grand Theft Auto series does. You can follow the story line and play the game as the developers intended a player to complete certain benchmarks, or you can go make your own havok. This concept of doing what you want.. and how you want to do it.. is fundamental to the growth of video games today and is something the Battlefront series does quite well in a Star Wars environment. I think they should continue.

They should add "Always" and "Never" options. Yes F1, Always F2, No F3, Never F4.

It's really annoying when some complete fool uses a hero when there are people who could turn the tide of battle. He just runs around, maybe kills some of his teammates, and generally just wastes time. I can't see how they could fix that, though...

^ I agree, Heroes shouldn't be online. Single player and custom games only.

The whole system needs revamping to balance classes for III. One suggestion I have is to remove the secondary wepaon for the regular classes and replace that button's function with a melee.

Usually though most people dont really know how to make the most of heroes and run around captured 1 cp and find a way to die.

I dont think heroes are that bad, and can be killed with a HS, det, or mine. I just dont like when people use force to not only throw the enemy around but friendly troops, push pull is really annoying and for the H/V its easier to rack up kills but IMO its detrimental to actual game play as only one person has a chance at kills.

Archived