Home

Thanks LA

Techno

Thanks for letting down the last hand full of old faithful supporters you have. It was bad enough that you people insist on leaving us pc users high and dry with releasing TFU on all consoles only. (although I have thoughts that one day you might wise up and be courageous like bioware did and later release it on pc but I doubt it) :lol:

You people have had your chance to bring us back your only great game you guys have had in years (aka kotor3 if you havent already forgot!) its sad really. Chances are you clowns will release swbf3 before that then continue to push it to the back till it is just a fading dream. Well congrats, you have failed miserabley with redeeming your name.

PS.As I finish this post I would like to say that Iam more than happy to let you fudgetards ban my account, Im done been another sucker and waiting around here for you guys to do something, bye bye failures!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:twocents:

Were not actually Lucusfilm/art's.

Get a Blog.

@Techno: Exactly. We're not Lucas Arts. Just people who post in their forums. Hence the title "Lucas Forums." :) 99% of us here dont even work for them. And stop complaining about K3, yeah we all want it to be released but without LA you would not have even gotten the first two. ;)

P.S. I doubt that LA cares that they lost your support.

@RQD: I could not have put it better myself.

He kind of has a point, though. It was LucasArts' fault, and not Obsidian's, that KOTOR 2 was released as incomplete because they insisted on rushing the release date. And now this.

LucasArts was in its prime, in my opinion, back when they made the games themselves rather than hiring other companies to do so. I'm talking about classics such as the X-Wing/TIE Fighter franchise, Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, and other titles, both Star Wars and non-Star Wars.

But I agree: the thread author has no business being pissed off at us for it. We had about as much to do with it as we did with the building of the Empire State Building.

Though Techno may have aimed his anger incorrectly at us, I think there are more than a couple people here who feel similar frustrations. Since it is an obvious case mistaken identity, there's no reason to be directly offended and no reason to close the thread.

Welcome to the forums Techno. :lol:

Thanks for letting down the last hand full of old faithful supporters you have. It was bad enough that you people insist on leaving us pc users high and dry with releasing TFU on all consoles only. (although I have thoughts that one day you might wise up and be courageous like bioware did and later release it on pc but I doubt it)

You people have had your chance to bring us back your only great game you guys have had in years (aka kotor3 if you havent already forgot!) its sad really. Chances are you clowns will release swbf3 before that then continue to push it to the back till it is just a fading dream. Well congrats, you have failed miserabley with redeeming your name.

PS.As I finish this post I would like to say that Iam more than happy to let you fudgetards ban my account, Im done been another sucker and waiting around here for you guys to do something, bye bye failures!

I'll be sure to commit suicide as well for Lucasarts not making a game yet.

Well its correct tho that LA seems to rather focus on Consoles than creating new PC Games, but i cant really blame them its what everyone does why shouldn´t LA do it. I mean dont forget the whole StarWars universe is as nice as it is yet a very very big merchandise, i think George Lucas was the first guy to really understand how to do proper merchandising and how to make money out of StarWars, no one should be surprised if LA follows the trend.

I wont lose my hopes for KotOR3 i mean we are all waiting basically since TSL for a new KotOR and since K1 for a KotOR that has the quality of this very first part. (tbh TSL is sadly only 50% as good as K1 was thx to the rushed release which is indeed the fault of LA and not Obisidian the cut content proofs that imho)

But i guess the best we can hope for would be a new starwars mmo, maybe one in the KotOR timeline since after all MMO´s are still made for PC and not console users and no MMO can reach the potential of a _well made_ SW mmo, SWG was nice and got screwed by SOE like they did with most of their other MMO´s wasnt a real surprise for me when they screwed it.

Yes, apparently LucasArts is the worst company ever because it did not release a sequel to two already spectacular games which it published. Such atrocities cannot be tolerated. I say we all make a petition to have LucasArts taken over by EA. Yes, that way we'll get a sequel to KotOR every year. Ah, blissful heaven.

Eh, no. As much as I want a KotoR 3, trying to get eA or soem other company to take over or sue LA is just plain arrogant. It's just a game after all, and we have to thank Lucas himself in the first palce for actually inventing starwars. All we can really do is wait and see what happens.

Yes, apparently LucasArts is the worst company ever because it did not release a sequel to two already spectacular games which it published. Such atrocities cannot be tolerated. I say we all make a petition to have LucasArts taken over by EA. Yes, that way we'll get a sequel to KotOR every year. Ah, blissful heaven.

Boo, LA.

:xp:

Rogue Nine- As much as I want a KoTOR 3, when LA would compare how ell it would sell to other games, it probably wouldn't be in the top five. I mean come on... Halo 3, Crysis, Mass effect, Half Life, Bioshock, Call of Duty 4, etc, etc... If LA was to make a Kotor 3, it would make the most money as an MMO. (Monthly payments to play it online = $$$ And starwars galaxies already has that. )

Obviously they've calculated what type of game would sell best overall already, and apparently a game like TFU will be more popular to the majority.

Think of it this way:

"Which will sell better? A KOTOR 3 RPG or an action packed game like TFU?

Well as much as i'd like to have a KOTOR 3, we'll make more money on games like TFU and Battlefront 3, because most starwars fans out there are kids who only want action, action, and more action. Got to go with whatever will sell best to the majority." (the majority beign action and craziness loving people over people who love a good story and a good quality game)

Let's face it. We want koToR 3 really bad, but it's been years and years... If A KOTOR 3 was going to come out it would have already. After all how long could it possibly take to make Kotor 3? The majority likes stupid, pointless shooter and action games over RPGs, as lots of those starwars loving kids out there don't have any taste in good games liek KOTOR 3. (No offense to any kids on this forum.)

If we voted whether KOTOR 3 would sell better to the majority than a game like TFU or BF3, we'd probably get a little under a hundred votes saying it would, the majority on this forum site saying so. But what about all those millions of starwars fans who don't go to these forums?

If I could see into the future, I would. I'm just lookign at the sad evidence that we've asked and asked for a K3 and it's never come, and lucasarts is making other games instead. If kOTOR 3 is never made, I bet that in a couple of years, only a few KOTOR loving fans will still be on this part of the forum, and the idea of kOTOR 3 will slowly ease into being forgotten by the starwars fans.

If A KOTOR 3 was going to come out it would have already. After all how long could it possibly take to make Kotor 3?

No no no no no.... no, no, no.

"Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2" and "Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast".

Check their respective release dates... and they were "stupid, pointless shooter games"...

Yes, we may have the technology to create good, massive games in only a couple years. Creating two at the same time? Not gonna happen. LA is busy right now (with, as Techno mentioned, TFU). Which brings me back to my original point: just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't. The fact that LA has so far decided to let the rumors fly and not actually say anything about it either way is interesting, considering the sequel that TSL obviously set up for. Its not going to happen right now.... but that doesn't mean it won't.

It's 2008. We have the technology to create good, massive games in only a couple years now, so where's KOTOR 3 sience we've had ability to make it quickly without rushign for a long time?

It actually takes longer to create a game now than it did years ago. The whole thing about KotOR being 10% more complex than Space Invaders, y'know?

@HIGH ON PIE: These forums aren't actually owned by LA. o_Q

No no no no no.... no, no, no.

"Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2" and "Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast".

Check their respective release dates... and they were "stupid, pointless shooter games"...

BLASPHEMER

DF2 and JK2 were some of the best singleplayer games Lucas ever made. JK2 is still active multiplayer-wise.

Hallucination: The forums are run, domain funded and are on the Lucasarts site. Id think that they are owned by Lucasforums.

In relation to how long a game takes. I am going into game development and it is much harder to make a game then it is a mod. It takes several years to code the game engine and then create the game's maps and models. Would you rather have the next game company rush through it and create another Kotor 2 (no disrespect. But if Kotor 2 wasn't rushed at the end it would have been so much better)

Hallucination: The forums are run, domain funded and are on the Lucasarts site. Id think that they are owned by Lucasforums.

Lucasforums =/= LucasArts. If you look at the copyright info on pretty much all pages you'll see it says nothing about LucasArts, but it mentions the LFNetwork. To quote the 'About LFNetwork' page from the main site

LucasArts Fan Network, generally known as LFNetwork, traces its origins back to several fan-made LucasArts gaming web sites in early 1997. Today, LFNetwork, LLC is a limited liability corporation arranged by enthusiasts who are dedicated to the promotion and coverage of the LucasArts genre. When the two powerhouses of LucasGames and The International House of Mojo were fused in early 2001, LFNetwork was born as unification for the cult followings of each network.

Emphasis la mien.

Also, the official LucasArts forums are linked to in FiEND's post directly above yours. o_Q

Archived