Home

Thanks LA

Techno

Wow, what a rant! :lol:

I don't agree with everything you said, but it was still an entertaining read.

BTW: I thought that the Star Forge still existed in KotOR2 if Revan is specified as DS. Doesn't Bastila mention it in the holo-recording she leaves in the Sith Academy on Korriban?

OT: As I've said before, I don't care who makes KotOR3 as long as it gets made and it's good. Both 1 and 2 had their merits, IMO, and both were worth buying/playing.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Copper Coronet aims to please.

Ah, my mistake. Referencing Wookiepedia, apparently, it just goes dormant. My mistake. I'd edit it out, but there's no real point.

I intend to get KotoR 3 when it comes out. I did enjoy TSL, but the fact remains that it's efforts to get away from typical Star Wars just hamstrung it.

• 2 months later...

As a PC gamer, I have to agree with Techno in that, I feel that LA has dropped the ball as far as TFU is concerned not to mention KOTOR3.

KOTOR3 should have been in production as soon as KOTOR2 went gold, then there would be no debate on how much money they would make, or if it should be a MMORPG or a SPRPG, on the other hand new technology (next Gen and aegis) were right around the corner so that could have played into the decision to hold off on making the third installment of KOTOR. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. They were probably also feeling a scathed by criticism they received for not “finishing” the story of KOTOR2

Then LA got caught up in TFU development as well as other games and KOTOR3 has taken a back seat.

In OCT, 2007 Bio-ware had a press release that they were going to work with LA again on a new Project. Could it be KOTOR3, who knows?

I guess as a fan of the series I am looking for an answer to the question, Will KOTOR3 be made, Yes or No? It is really a simple question to answer, I don't need to know when or if it is in development, just will it be made, I don't care what graphics engine it will use I did not get the other 2 games for the graphics aspect of it, although it would be nice if they used the engine that they are using for TFU.

Should KOTOR3 be an MMORPG? definitely, absolutely NOT it is a SPRPG plain and simple. I want to be able to pick my player and his or her attributes and make the story my own, to a point. In a game base on the aspect of one Savior of the galaxy being the main character, it would be horrible to have everyone running around in an MMORPG trying to be that player. It would also take the hole story line out of context and leave everyone feeling worse than at the end of KOTOR2, you can’t leave the story of what is possibly the greatest Jedi/Sith (Revan)of the KOTOR era just hanging , or can you? There has or should be some sort of conclusion to the story. As far as the Whole MMORPG in the same time period as the KOTOR that would be awesome, I could see it taking place at the conclusion of the Revan story after the Jedi order has been restored, so that there would be a bunch of Jedi/ Sith running all over the galaxy.

That would make an excellent MMO in the true fashion of D&D and all the other great RPG’s that paved the way for the likes of KOTOR, but KOTOR series is what it is just leave it the way it is.

Archived