Home

New Screenshots - DF2Mod Weapons

DarkStarMojo

I figured this deserves its own thread. With the blessings of Darth Linux and the LFN mods this forum can hopefully become a place to discuss developments with both DF and DF2 Mods.

Anyway, on to business. There's been a lot of "behind-the-scenes" type work, things that don't necessarily produce a lot of screenshots or materials that we can readily display to the public. Right now, new menus are being worked on in addition to weighting on models for Kyle, Sariss, Gorc, and Pic. We've also been working on new weapon models and, without further ado, here they are:

Bryar Pistol:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/GregKrummel/shot0192.jpg?t=1203746235

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/GregKrummel/shot0197.jpg?t=1203746497

Stormtrooper Rifle:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/GregKrummel/shot0193.jpg?t=1203746524

Bowcaster:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/GregKrummel/shot0195.jpg?t=1203746554

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/GregKrummel/shot0194.jpg?t=1203746578

Thermal Detonator:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/GregKrummel/shot0191.jpg?t=1203746603

Imperial Repeater Rifle:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/GregKrummel/shot0185.jpg?t=1203746632

These images come to us courtesy of Zemmurk Trooper who's been making the models for a few weeks now. Obviously, they're still work-in-progress which means there's still room for changes and more detailed textures. That's why we're posting them now, so we can get feedback from the community. What do you guys like? What do you think we could improve? What cool things would you like to see on the weapons that we haven't included? Let us know!

Enjoy!

wow,they look incredibile,im glad to hear,this mod hasnt died,i just finished playing Jedi Knight Enhanced today so this was a surprise.will the rockets from the rail detonator..will they stick to you with that ominous "fooupp"?that would be cool,but i dont know if that could be done.also the concussion rifle,i loved the way you were able "to cook"your enemies,wit the blast.great work you guys!hope to be seeing more in the future.

thats going to be sooo cool,if it can be done,i mean those were just the worst opponents in the game cause they could take out with just one blast or 2,plus with the rocket sticking to your face it was just like 5,4 ,3,2.....i did want to ask you how are they levels coming along,i loved the screenshots on the page of the mod,i mean the first 2 levels look so sweet.as well as the others.is there any new news on the progress of the levels?

thats going to be sooo cool,if it can be done,i mean those were just the worst opponents in the game cause they could take out with just one blast or 2,plus with the rocket sticking to your face it was just like 5,4 ,3,2.....i did want to ask you how are they levels coming along,i loved the screenshots on the page of the mod,i mean the first 2 levels look so sweet.as well as the others.is there any new news on the progress of the levels?

Heh. That's always how I felt about the rail detonator too.

To be perfectly honest work on the levels has stalled. The Double Cross is finished, save the addition some sound effects and a few touch ups and there's rough 40% of The Lost Disk done as well. I've been too busy with a combination of DFMod, school, and various art projects to really devote the time to working on additional levels that aren't planned for the demo or other immediate releases.

Right now, progress stands at:

Level 1: 95-99%

Level 2: 35-40%

Level 3: 25%

Level 4: 15-20%

Level 5: 0%

Level 6: 20-25%

Level 7: 99%

Level 8: 0%

Level 9: 10-15%

Level 10: 0%

Level 11: 99%

The 99% levels are conservative estimates just in case they are any last minute changes or future revisions. For all intents and purposes though, they're done.

I've been meaning to get back into Level 2 since I'm getting into the heart of it - the docked cargo ship - and I think I can really have some fun with that. For level 3, I need to build a new terrain map, probably using EasyGen and a combination of new terrain models. I've been slowly working on cleaning up architecture and eliminating disappearing or bad brushes.

Level 4 has stalled because of some funky and really tricky pipe work. I'm trying to figure out the best way to approach it. Where Barons Hed is concerned, I might start working on that one very soon since it should be fairly easy to do compared to many of the others. Shamus was also working on cleaning up the second part (level 6) and there's been some good results with that, though he's very busy raising his family. The rest, as you can see, is slow going. We're short-staffed in the mapping department, obviously.

Anyway, that's probably more than you wanted to know but at least you have a clear idea of where things are going (or as clear an idea as we do). I'll start a new thread at some point to cover the overall progress of the maps. We'll use this one to discuss weapons.

it sounds good,the thing is i wish i could help out but i know nothing about mapping,thank you for the update.i wanted to mention also something i noticed when i was playing jedi knight enhanced,the stormtroopers were much,much more aggressive here ,at least to me than in outcast and academy.they would really try to get behind you ,and i mean do it so ,to shoot you.and if there were more than 5 they would surround you quick.i had forgotten that since its been wow,maybe...since jedi outcast came out that i havent played jedi knight.would it be possible to up the aggresion factor for the stormtroopers?

in my favorite level,into the dark palace level 5,i loved the imperial entanglements you got into there,there the stormtroopers were just super aggresive.and i have to say from the screenshots to level 4,for me they are right on the money.they have that aqueduct feeling,without having those repeating textures that were in the original game.there was this guy who did some single player levels for jedi outcast and academy,he did this one level titled spaceport,which had all these pipes and stuffand aslo irrigation pipes and a sewer,the level was fantastic,sadily the one place it was posted is down,pcgamemods..i could give you his email in a personal messageto see if he would help out,i havent seen anything new from him in years.his name was michael may.anyway cool.ill look for the new thread once its opened.

I like the stormtrooper rifle and bryar from the DF mod, and have in fact incorporated those weapons mods (as a separate mod) into my home version of Jedi Outcast.

My only beef with a couple of the weapons in the screenshots in FP is that they block a good bit of your forward visibility. Particularly the repeater.

I'm just wondering, will this mod be just a room-by-room recreation using JA graphics? Because the thing I like most about the now-stagnate (for now) DF mod is that it plays like a totally new game because it has a lot of new rooms and areas and background ships and effects and whatnot and it's not just a blatant recreations, and I was hoping that the DF2 mod is done like that.

Oh, and couldn't you just use the crossbow that comes with JA?

Check out the narshadda screenshots on our website. That should give you a pretty good indication of how the levels are going to be varying from their original JK counterparts. And yes, there is a new secret in the narshadda level (it's a nice homage to DFMod) as well as a few new "puzzles" later in the level (in the sections not displayed in any of the screenshots).

Well, the site is as back up and: nope! That's not the case. :(

Any updates, at the moment, would just be a mirror of these weapon screenshots, so you're not missing out on anything. The good news is, I've been working on level 8 recently (I'm surprised nobody noticed the change in my sig ;) so when there's been some really good progress I'll be sending some screen shots your way. Right now, I only have the throne room where you fought Yun, the elevator shaft, and the room beneath it.

• 1 month later...
Can you make a version for jedi outcast?I just lost JA and my cd was scratched bad and i only have jo now.But if you can't i will continue with the jo version but thank you so much for your awesome idea or else i wouldn't be here.

The models should work just fine in JO without the need to make an entirely separate version. As long as you credit the original authors, once things are released, you'd be free to use whatever you like from our mod.

Archived