Home

Just a few questions

The Watchman

First off let me say congrats on getting 1.1 out the door as it's a huge leap from the earlier versions I was playing a year ago. I've just started figuring out OJPEnh again as I've been playing around with other games and needed a change. The saber system seriously rocks and learning it without reading the manual is the most fun I've had in ages, the way the gunnery and force systems have changed actually complement the new saber fights well. Since all the weaponry is so deadly now I have a new appreciation for certain force powers, rolls/jumps and items I never bothered to use before. So grats on the work.

Now to my questions...

1. I've also been having trouble with the Duel gamemode, I get to the join menu when the map loads and clicking does nothing (well if you click really fast it flickers to the menu you wanted but does nothing) I tried with a fresh install of JKA (clean folders) and OJP and still no luck on that.

2. Similiar thing happens when I go into the advanced options when creating a game, the Force Mastery option is not working at all. I click it and it may change to uninitiated or Padawan or it won;t change at all and when the game starts is still says initiate and only gives me three points.

3. Last thing I can think of at the moment is in regards to Bots. Now I understand they're not a big focus so I'm not asking for a big overhaul, mainly just some clarification, if possible, on what works and what doesn't. It's says in the documentation on Bots that OJP still uses the .jkb and .bot files and I mostly get how they work in normal JKA but I'm wondering what impact they have on the choices the bots make in regards to point spending. Main three example I've come across are (using default bots eg. stormtrooper, reborn etc.):

*(stormtrooper) The bot will start off melee only and eventually after gaining points always buy a disruptor and practically nothing else for the entire game.

*(mainly non default bots eg. Hapslashes Anakin) The bot will start off weaponless and not spend any points at all and will not even use melee on enemies, so I get to watch two bots circle eachother for 5 minutes doing nothing.

*(reborn master or any dual or doubleblades saber weilders) The bot puts points mainly into a bunch of saber styles which it randomly switches between when it repsawns (yay for variety). Unfortunately only the first saber or the first blade on the double activates even though the bot is using the dual/double style with the right saber/s equipped. Also force powers don't seem to be used with these bots.

That's all I can think of at the moment, sorry it's a bit of a read and a reply would be greatly appreciated. btw. I would play online and forget the bots but my internet is capped so what can you do? heh.

Watchman

3. Last thing I can think of at the moment is in regards to Bots.

The bot file's force settings determine what force powers it wants ideally. The game then cuts those back until the bot's current skills match its current skill point level.

Unfortunately, it's pretty haphazard in how it cuts points and it often doesn't do it in a logical manner.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'll download the new release when it's out see what happens. I completely understand about the bots not being important in the long run and I was simply curious about their workings. I'll probably just mess around and experiment with that myself see what happens. Thanks again for the awesome mod.

There was a new version released by Darthdie just 2 days ago with a sneak peak at some of the new changes we were trying to accomplish. One of the things that I think is a really good move is that the T-21 is now an actual light repeater with a really cool firing feature that depends only on how fast you can click the primary fire button. Loads of weapons have been retooled per level to actually make a difference in and between levels, too.

I don't think it'd be a good idea to post the link to it just yet, but if you guys decide you want to (or think it'd solve your problems), we can post the link.

It would be a good idea to test and balance it first before you will release a new version. There is simply too many bugged versions and it only makes a lot of mess. It was good idea to change T-21 as it is useless now. Wish u more great ideas : ).

I'm more than happy to wait untill the team is done testing etc. for the next release. FFA still works fine so I'm keeping myself busy having mass fights with bots and 3-4 way saber fights is so hectic and hard I'm having a blast.

One thing though in regards to the minexp thing posted earlier; I found it in the jampconfig.cfg file and changed it there but it wasn't an option on the ingame UI if that's what was implied.

Post a bug ticket about that. Min/Max experience really should be an option on the Create Server page.

amen, especially for co-ops, it's retarded to start a mission with only three points because then no one ever has enough to accomplish anything, and then you need to kill of most of the bots and respawn at the beginning. the ui cmd could work but the create server option really makes more sense.

Madcatmach2 My advanced Options Menu is different from the one you posted and I honestly have no idea why. When created a bug ticket as razor asked, I included screens of my menu as it appears to me in the latest version I downloaded from the Get OJP Here! sticky, which I beleive was last updated on the 20th of Feb. I thought it may have just been something custom in my base folder that may have altered the ojp menus but I tried with a clean install and empty base and still the same. So as I said earler I'm just going to wait for the next release and see what happens from there. Anyhoo I just thought I'd clarify that Madcat.

Downloading from Mediafire cause problems for me (possibly because my internet is still capped for the month and I'm on dialup speeds) and I can never complete the download without errors. That site also bypasses any download managers/accelerators I use to resume the download once it stops so I'll just stick to filefront. It's no big deal I'll just wait for the next release, at least my internet will be normal by then lol.

Yup, not really a big deal, esp since most of the features aren't released yet. I can't wait till version 1 is released. I've got so many planned things for OJP, it's going to be of orgasmic proportions

The only issue right now is time :(

The next version is going to rock everyone's socks. Darthdie is busy right now with fixing some of the bull**** bugs that came up after we added some features, actually. After he fixes those it'll be clear-steer for a while unless we decide we want to rewrite an entire system again, lol.

Every new version always rocks everyone's socks. That's the good thing about OJP. Nothing stays the same. Well, almost nothing

Still looking for anyone who can help me (or even better, teach me) with exporting models into JKA

I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to import npcs from singleplayer to multiplayer? Those from singleplayer maps like t3_byss are far more smarter than those from multi. They run, chase, hide and even cooperate. It would be great to spawn them and kill :p.

2. Can I use somehow animations from JA+ in OJP or over mods? They are so good for rp... I tried to but they didn't work.

I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to import npcs from singleplayer to multiplayer? Those from singleplayer maps like t3_byss are far more smarter than those from multi. They run, chase, hide and even cooperate. It would be great to spawn them and kill :p.

2. Can I use somehow animations from JA+ in OJP or over mods? They are so good for rp... I tried to but they didn't work.

1. Nope. OJP's CoOp code attempts to replicate the SP code as best as we can, but there's a lot subtle differences that haven't been resolved yet. Plus, Ravensoft cheated by having a lot of the SP code be in C++, while the MP code is entirely in C.

2. Probably not. While the animation file for JA+ does store that data, it would be difficult to move into other mods.

Archived