Home

Who was the most powerful sith lord ever?

Darth Pvl

Who was the most powerful sith lord ever?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the most powerful sith lord ever?

• Darth Revan
    • Darth Bane
    • Exar Kun
    • Darth Sidious
    • Darth Vader

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:confused: What? No Revan-crazed-fans have invaded this thread yet?! Well... I'm not gonna complain... nor do I rule out that, now that I've drawn attention to this fact, they will begin to swarm...

I think that Caedus, though incredibly powerful, is an idiot. Plain and simple. Yer evil now boy, accept it and move on, or turn back to the light. Well... too late now... :xp:

Vader... you would have been so much more awesome if you didn't get cocky in your Obi-Wan fight and lost... well, most of your body to a lightsaber and a river of boiling lava... ouch...

Exar Kun was awesome but just not good enough... :( Sorry Kun! Your plan was a good one compared to many other villians, though!

I do like Revan, but he's more of a genius than uber-powerful, so Sideous, with his annoying lightning, force storms, etc. and takes the... crown? Don't know. It wouldn't be cake, now would it? :lol:

Revan was more powerful than you give him credit for. He gathered the courage of many and overpowered the Mandalorians. How much would it have taken to do that? But no doubt, Revan was a wiser and less powerful. Without him, the thought bomb wouldn't have been re-discovered. Nihilus had so much control it's quite possible he had the greatest offensive ability over the force. Hell, Nihilus power was limitless due to the fact he fed off the force, each time gaining more and more power. He could consume entire planets; drain everything of its life force... Then you look at Plagueis who was able to create life as well as preserve it.

Wise = Revan

Power = Nihilus OR Kun

Revan, being the most unique Sith Lord in my opinion, is shrouded in mystry. He never returned from his mission to face the power stronger and more fearsome than the sith of that age, shows that he isn't the best. Or maybe he achieved his goal at the cost of his life. I doubt they'll ever go deeper into the mystery that is Revan. His first (and last) master once said that maybe he was never truly 'dark', but only assumed the role at an attempt to strengthen the republic. I think he strived for peace at any cost. Willing to go down as the ultimate evil for the greater good.

Someone said something about Revan controlling unlimited resources. That's because of the Star Forge and a totally invalid point.

(Yes, I am a total Revan freak)

Out of the list, id say probably sidious

out of what i know, Nihilus was the most powerful force being to have ever existed in the SW universe. (i aint no nihilus fanboy. its just fact)

i hate caedus, but he was very powerful. more so than vader. (but thats not saying much :p)

bane was very cool. i dont know about his power, but he is SO the sith'ari. no competition. i personally dont see how anyone can even argue otherwise.

revan was the man. most powerful in the kotor era second to nihilus i think.

• 4 weeks later...

I tend to connect most with Revan due to the fact that his power derives purely from his genius, and I've always tended to appreciate villians displaying ungodly amounts of intelligence.

Let's face it, strictly from everything I've read, Revan is praised more than any other Sith for being the single greatest military strategist.

If I were to answer this question based on raw power alone, then the obvious answer is Nihilus because his power is only limited on his source of "food".

However, Nihilus's greatest advantage is also his greatest weakness. His hunger was the downfall of him, and seemed to drive him right into the hands of those who would kill him.

Sidious never impressed me in the slightest. Sure he was powerful, but no where near as powerful as Kun or Nihilus, and he was nowhere near as intelligent as Revan. He was a trickster, and his deceit was really his greatest weapon, as he used it to pull the strings of the republic long enough until he could convert Anakin and build his droid army and his death star. Anakin was more powerful than him and he knew it. He had little or no military strategy, just an extremely large and powerful army. His power only came from pure opportunity and convenience.

Kun was the most well-rounded. Not AS powerful as Nihilus or as intelligent as Revan, but excelling in both traits. I suppose this would make him the most powerful sith lord ever since it takes both brains and brawn equally. I mean hell, the dude still killed people many millenia after his death and wasn't ever fully destroyed until the book I, Jedi.

I still like Revan the best though, especially because when I play Dark Side on KOTOR, I MAKE him the most powerful ever =P I flick people to death and laugh.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The strongest tools of the Darkside are cunning, treachery, serecy, and betrayal... they were the tools sidious used to bring down the jedi order, but Darth Bane of the Sith was the orchestraiter of the whole thing!

He was far more smarter, and cunning then any sith before and after him... He alone brought down the entire brotherhood of Darkness in one broad stroke! jus by using that cunning brain of his...

Darth Bane is without doubt the most powerful Dark Lord physically also... people are alwayse saying how great palpatine, aka sidious, is. well i got a question for yall boys, if sidious is so great and powerful, how come his sith lightning doesnt kill on impact? why does it take a while?

while yall think bout it, Darth Banes dark side lightning annihalated enemies ON IMPACT! charring there bodys in the process... and the funny thing is, Darth Bane was like the only Dark Side user who wasn't an apprentece for very long... He went in to learn the ways of the Darkside at age 20, came out about the same age The Dark Lord Of The Sith, taking out every other Sith Lord...

Dath Banes apprentice is also Extremely powerful, she manage to defeat and Kill Darth Bane... but pretty much with her sith soarcery (an ability Darth Banes abiliteis wuz never able 2 accomplish as only very few are able to possess its trait) but if were talking strong as the Force itself inside one body, Darth Bane is the top dogg. Stronger Then Sidious, Stronger then Vader, Dtronger then exar Kunn, Revan, Nihilous, Sion, Krayte, Shadow, Kreesh.

Darth Bane is the TRUE Dark Lord Of The Sith :thmbup1:

one more thing about sidious... he technically speaking isnt a true dark lord of the sith, as he chose to kill his master while plaguis was asleep... the battle between master and apprentice is a contast, where the strongest and most powerful and the most cunning servives... sidious skipped that test. he is nothing more then a coward. an abomination to the rule of 2...

one more thing about sidious... he technically speaking isnt a true dark lord of the sith, as he chose to kill his master while plaguis was asleep... the battle between master and apprentice is a contast, where the strongest and most powerful and the most cunning servives... sidious skipped that test. he is nothing more then a coward. an abomination to the rule of 2...

Uh, no. It doesn't have to be a contest of arms. If anything, using such an opportunity makes him even more qualified. If he fought Darth Plagueis, there's a chance he'd be killed (or badly wounded), which is hardly useful if he planned on becoming the next Dark Lord.

Malak chose to eliminate his master in a similar way, firing on his command ship when it had been crippled and boarded by Jedi strike teams.

Part of being a Sith is about cunning, and making use of such opportunities.

• 2 weeks later...
Uh, no. It doesn't have to be a contest of arms. If anything, using such an opportunity makes him even more qualified. If he fought Darth Plagueis, there's a chance he'd be killed (or badly wounded), which is hardly useful if he planned on becoming the next Dark Lord.

Malak chose to eliminate his master in a similar way, firing on his command ship when it had been crippled and boarded by Jedi strike teams.

Part of being a Sith is about cunning, and making use of such opportunities.

dude for real... the Dark Side is all about the strong surviving, the strongest only deserves the chance of becoming the dark lord, the winner suceeds... it is a contest man. ESPECIALLY when Sidious followed Darth Banes "RULE OF TWO" in which Bane Stated what i jus said... think about it, past sith apprentices would team up and go against there masters and then turn on eachother, therefore weakening the order. so if Sidious killed Plagueis in his sleep, then theres no telling who was strongest. he took the cowards way out, for he attacked his master after his master explained to him of creating a being of the embodiment of the force itself. and the darkside is all about learning EVERYTHING you can then destroying it when its of no more use. in this Sidious defied the rules of the darkside, because he killed his master without learning all of his secrets. for example, saving people from death and creating life for he didnt know how to do it in episode three and in star wars universe and in other books and stories he's SEARCHING for that secret... he killed his master because he was a coward because he feared his master would replace him

they dont have to be powerful to generate a worm hole or a force storm for that matter... merely takes alot of concentration... Darth Bane actually done the thing ur talkin about because him holding his sith lightning was so powerful, and that was only a few hours of learning how to do it "Darth Bane- Path of Destruction"... Darth Vader was more powerful then sidious when he had his full body, but the lost of limbs shortend his potential... Dont get me wrong, Sidious is powerful n pretty badass in episode 3, but the most powerful wouldnt be true. well, in my opinion anyway

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The strongest Sith ever was Palpatine or Sidious. It took tremendous ability to pull off what he did and no other Sith could have done it. He had access to all the Sith Holocrons and the Galaxy. Not only that, who basis this on video games. I mean what you see is what you get. Video games are made to be challenging not canon. Sure those other Sith dudes were bad asses but Palpatine restored the Sith and had pure foresight, which means He would and could out smart any of those other Sith Lords. Could he beat them all in a fight, no, but he would be smart enough to stop his death and cause theres. He would be the last man Standing. Who knows how fast and loud he was when he was young. I love how he is all messed up in Return of the Jedi. You can tell he needs some serious face time with A phyciatrist. At that point I think he was hanging on by his teeth to his sanity.

This makes him the bomb Munch Sith Lord sandwich. We have the same birth day 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, if he stick to the cannon, Sidious is the most powerful sith ever, is George who said it... but when you see some other sith *hum hum... Darth Nihilus* and then you see palpy got defeated by vador, who just throw him bare hands to a hole, and it's hard to believe...

The thing is that in the EU, ²there are power overpowered given to some characters. Like Nihilus... or Sion.

Archived