Home

CorSec: D&R

Corinthian

Corellia...for all it's grandeur, it is a hotbed of crime, and has been for thousands of years. Smugglers, Pirates, Black Sun...all have called Corellia home. These criminals are opposed by one group: The Corellian Security Force. Even after the downfall of the Republic, they stood in defense of Corellia and the Law.

Well, once again, I'm making an RP. This time, I've decided to take note of a few things. Borrowing a few ideas from Starmark, actually. The RP will be episodic - after the initial story ends, the first joiner will post something, preferably after conferring with me, and so on.

The RP will follow a small group of CorSec Detectives and their Imperial Liaison Officer. (I really don't expect anyone to play the Imp Liaison, but it's there if you want it.)

Character Sheets:

Name:

Species:

Skills:

Equipment:

Appearance:

History:

We'll start after we get four joiners. After we start, PM me if you want to join, we'll figure something out. Character sheet for my character and the Imperial Liaison for our group should be up relatively soon.

Also, it isn't required, but you may want to coordinate with another player as your character's partner. Again, not required. If you do, make note of it in your histories.

Well, that took longer than expected. Anyway.

Name: Joran Dronal

Species: Human (Corellian)

Skills: Joran has extremely keen eyes, and notices even very subtle things with them. Whether it's spotting a crack in the casing of a power cell or noticing that the subject under interrogation is acting shifty and keeps shifting his weight, he can usually notice it. He's also a decent shot with his blaster, generally able to nail a remote in three shots or less. He passed the Hand-To-Hand self defense class by the skin of his teeth.

Equipment: S-5 Heavy Blaster Pistol, stuncuffs, datapad.

Appearance: Joran is rather nondescript, middling height and weight, with short-trimmed brown hair and unremarkable blue eyes. Aside from being better muscled than the average Corellian, he's almost completely unremarkable. This is somewhat intentional. He generally wears a plain brown suit.

History: Joran's history is just as unremarkable. Born on Tralus, he was brought up in a family that already had a heavy history in CorSec. His course was more or less plotted from birth. He preformed averagely in school until his eighteenth birthday, when he went to CorSec Academy, graduating at 22. For the next four years, he served as a Patrol Officer, when he then attempted, and passed, the Detective test. Over the next two years, he was attached to CorSec Homocide, before requesting a transfer to CorSec's smuggling division. He's been there for the past year.

Name: Jace Ainoth

Species: Human (Eriadu)

Skills: While most of the detectives under him might say his best talent is being an irritant, his real skills is in sniffing out possible treachery to the New Order. Aside from that, he takes to paperwork like a fish to the sea, and has datapad skills surpassed by none.

Equipment: Datapad, holdout blaster pistol.

Appearance: Jace is tall and lanky, impressive, like an Imperial Propaganda poster. His black hair is trimmed quite short, as is his immaculate goatee and moustache. He's almost always wearing a standard black uniform for Imperial Officers.

History: Jace was born to an upper-class family on Eriadu and joined the Imperial Academy there at a young age. His talents were quickly spotted, and he was brought into Imperial Intelligence, where he quickly plateaued, eventually being shuffled off to Corellia to serve as an Imperial Liaison Officer overseeing a unit of CorSec Detectives. He doesn't seem aware that he's been shelved.

Jace is an NPC, by the way.

Name: Cole Cassius

Species: Zabrak

Skills: Cole has remarkable stealth and tech skills, making him the ideal agent to infiltrate a base. He served the Imperial Military as a sniper for a short period of time, which gave him combat experience. Cole also has a talent for hacking devices and engineering machines.

Equipment: DC-15A blaster rifle, a DH-17 pistol, and a combat knife

Appearance: Kaarn Dross

History: Cole joined the Imperial Military at the age of 20 as a sniper, but left two years later when he saw the horrors of some Imperial prisons. Since Imperials were extremely strict on soldiers leaving the army, he had to break into an Imperial compound and hack the mainframe to wipe out any record of him ever joining the military. Afterwards, he lived in Corellia, and five years after moving there, he joined Corsec's infiltration and reconnaissance regiment.

Name: Tarek Shane

Skills: Tarek Shane is nicknamed ‘Wreck’ because anyone who goes up against him in hand-to-hand combat tends to end up in a bit of a wreck. He’s violent, agile, and nearly impossible to take down. Punch after punch can land solidly without seeming to affect him much. In addition, he’s very good with explosives (lots of them) and very big guns. You need someone thrown around, blown up, or blasted to bits, Tarek’s the one to call.

Equipment: Various types and sizes of explosives, a DLT-19 heavy blaster rifle (usually disassembled and in his pack with the explosives), and he has an S-5 heavy blaster pistol strapped to his right hip

Appearance: Image: Tarek Shane

History: Given the level of violence caused by Tarek Shane in his school years, no one ever thought he’d be more than a professional fighter. But a quick look at his transcript (when he wasn’t suspended) would tell you he’s actually relatively smart. He managed to graduate high school, though he was nineteen when that finally took place. Though his grades were good enough and scholarships were offered, Tarek opted to avoid any higher education.

Just after high school, Tarek was offered a job as a bodyguard and he accepted it. Halfway through the first day, he worked out that the ‘job’ was a test put on by CorSec. Impressed with his discernment – and his school track record – they offered him training, and then a job. He took both, and he’s been working for CorSec ever since.

He is partnered with Darja Bryn.

Name: Darja Bryn

Skills: Darja Bryn is a literal genius, with a photographic memory. If she sees or hears something, she’ll remember it until she makes a conscious effort to dismiss it from her mind. Therefore, over the years, she has become an expert in interpreting and speaking several languages fluently. She has also mastered all things electronic. If Tarek can’t break a door down, it’s quite possible that Darja can hack into the security systems and open the door... if Tarek hasn’t ruined it in his attempts. Furthermore, in contrast to Tarek, Darja is extremely level-headed and slow to anger. This makes them the ideal ‘good cop, bad cop’ team.

Equipment: Darja carries assorted computer interface equipment, a datapad, and two blaster pistols. Before she met Tarek, Darja used a DH-17 blaster pistol, and though she still carries it, she has also taken to carrying an S-5 heavy blaster pistol as well. “Damn Tarek,” she laughs when this is pointed out. “He’s rubbing off on me.”

Appearance: Image: Darja Bryn

History: Nothing is known about Darja Bryn before she joined CorSec at the age of twenty. Only Tarek has ever heard hints of what his partner’s past was like, and only that because she trusts him not to squawk. If any of the rest of the team asks her about her past, she merely arches an eyebrow and replies icily, “That’s between me and the past.” If he is asked, Tarek laughs and says, “Once upon a time, in a far away land...” but that’s usually as far as he gets before someone throws something at him.

But even Jace knows that Darja’s past hardly changes what she is in the present; a dependable, dedicated, and highly talented CorSec detective.

Name: Dar Kresh

Species: Kel Dor

Skills: Dar has impressive gunplay skills. He is very quick at firing at targets and conserving ammunition. Dar also has experience in computer hacking and lock picking making him an excellent choice for an op in the field. Dar is quick to aggression yet passive when steady. Dar's aim is pretty good but he mostly doesn't go for a headshot, mostly body shots. Dar is a very moral person and has a strong sense of justice. He doesn't always kill his targets. He usually just keeps them wounded.

Equipment: (I'm going a little unique here) After he graduated from school at the age of 18 Dar was given by his father a used and heavily modified DL-22. It was modified to include a stun setting. Dar also managed to find a SG-4 Blaster carbine and still uses it today

Appearance: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Jaden-kdm.jpg. Except now he is wearing a dark greyish black trench coat with a collared shirt underneath.

History: Dar's parents were immigrants from Dorin who struggled to get him through school. Dar managed to get through school pretty well and eventually graduated. His father who ran a simple spice store pressured him to go into building a small business. But Dar eventually decided to go to Correlia for work. He eventually enrolled in the Cor-Sec academy after he observed a few of them in action.

After a few years his skills in combat improved and he became a detective.

Corinthian could you list the four Detectives who are going to be central to the plot and list who the imp liason is? Also something I have been wondering is what time period does this RP take place and do Cor-Sec detectives carry badges just like regular police?

Uh, sorry. My mistake. There are no four detectives central to the plot, I just wanted four players so I could have a decent player base. Jace Ainath is the Imp Liaison officer.

This takes place in 6 BBY, thirteen years after the rise of the Empire.

CorSec Detectives do carry badges, but they're usually plainclothes and carry the badge in a pocket. Law and Order kind of thing.

Also, for your episodes, although this particular grouping of Detectives is presently assigned to CorSec's Smuggling Division, which also handles the drugs and illegal weapons, I'm more than open to us being transferred to another branch like CorSec Homocide in your particular chapters.

Essentially, assuming we reach a satisfactory conclusion that doesn't end with the entire unit dead, then another person picks it up and writes another adventure, or, in this case, a Case, for the unit. It's pretty simple. Starmark's Mercenary Crew series is a good example of it. Since I've had pretty rotten luck with RPs recently, I decided to try to make lightning strike twice.

Archived