Home

Battlefield: Heroes or how EA just got cool

lukeiamyourdad

(I know some people will say things like "it looks like a Team Fortress 2 clone". The answer is: so what? It's free.)

Even though i'm not much of a battlefield fan I agree with you. However I doubt I will get it for a while since I am focusing on other games

Cool?!

The game made fun of WWII! Do you realize how much conterversy will ensure? I mean, it makes the Allies forces, especially Americans, look dumb and stupid. What next?

...Sure, I'll 'buy' this BF clone. Always wanted a free one anyway. Just wished it was a tad more serious, though. Not I didn't enjoy the comedy, just that, erm...

EDIT: Oh please say there will be an SP mode! I just feel that the MP servers will be shut down pretty soon after release...

Silent, I didnt get that impression, they were "making fun" of the Nazis (the Germans) too. Its a cartoon game, I dont think it can really be serious... But without having played the game, I cant really say for sure.

Also: the Onion is a satire news source. :)

Also: the Onion is a satire news source.

I know that. Just wanted to quote it for the lulz. :)

The difference is that The Onion focuses on mental comedy, while BF: Heroes seem to be in the physical comedy.

I'm also seeing a benieft for EA. If a game is focused on comedy, the bugs can now be accurately described as 'features', and therefore do not have to be fixed!

It's great that it's free (and I'll probably give it a try), but seems like it could have been slightly more original, perhaps. I mean if you look at one of the "screenshots" on the official website, look down next to the bar code, where they have TF2 interview. Looks almsot like the same game!

But hey, it's free, so we shouldn't complain. Too loudly.

Archived