Home

R2-D2 look for T3-M4

Hey all, I want to ask would it be possible to make a model of R2-D2 instead of T3-M4? Or maybe change the models of all astromech droids? So is it possible.

I know you can import new droids. But it would be hard to find a proper modeler to do this. But T3-m4's body is very different from R2-D2's so you might have to reanimate it which would be near impossible

I know you can import new droids. But it would be hard to find a proper modeler to do this. But T3-m4's body is very different from R2-D2's so you might have to reanimate it which would be near impossible

Animations are not impossible, they just take a long time.

Animations are not impossible, they just take a long time.

Animations with the Skin-modifier are still somewhat impossible, I don't think MDlops has the code to compile it.

Regular animations like those for the doors and containers are indeed possible, like you've proved SS... unless you're on to something ;)

Anyway like SS said, animations are hard and an art-form in itself.

I did a astromech droid prototype mod that had a R2 skin and a new body for T3. It wasn't the greatest of models but it was a change. The only thing is if I recall the prototype astromech body was only for K2 even though the skins can be used in K1 & K2.

Archived