Home

Red Alert 3 is coming

igyman

Well, if you played the Soviet campaign of Red Alert 1, you'd see

Kane as Stalin's shady advisor who in the end kills him and uses the USSR's resources to build up his Brotherhood of Nod.

Canonically, I mean. :p

(By Canon, I mean follow the endings of the 'good guys', the Allied forces and GDI.)

Otherwise, if Kane wins, the C&C series would never continue.

Woohoo! Now we can finally figure out how Red Alert has anything to do with C&C1!

It's another universe and story line. Basically Red Alert should be regarded as an alternative prequel to the first Command & Conquer.

Anyway, I just hope Red Alert 3 won't get ****ed up by EA.

@SilentScope: Actually the cannonical ending of Red Alert 1 was the Soviet ending, as far as I know the Allied ending and the sequel, Red Alert 2 is an alternate future.

Huh. My bad then. Thanks.

Erm. That sorta killed the interest for RA3, but we'll see. The rise of "Japanism" might be interesting.

EDIT: Actually...according to Wikipedia...

A much debated theory intended to resolve the apparent time line error which came to exist between Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn and Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 is to consider Red Alert as the genesis of two parallel story lines. If the Soviet campaign were to be successfully completed in Red Alert, then the USSR would emerge as the dominant Eurasian power and Kane and the Brotherhood of Nod would subsequently take control of this new empire. Conversely, if the Allied campaign were to be completed in Red Alert, the Allies would emerge victorious and the time line would instead lead into the events of Red Alert 2. It should be noted however that this theory is in direct contradiction to the original Tiberian Dawn manual, which states that Nod is an African group in its origin, making no mention of the Soviet Union whatsoever. Additionally, a GDI FMV mission briefing sequence in Tiberian Dawn features a map with all of the GDI member states of the time, with one of them being Russia itself. Also, during Red Alert's Allied campaign a newscaster refers to the United Nations having approved "a unique military funding initiative", calling for the formation of a "global defense agency", both vociferous references to the international military alliance of identical naming in Tiberian Dawn, which nonetheless is not featured in Red Alert 2 in any form. A further apparent flaw of this theory is that if the Allies had been defeated by the Soviet Union in Red Alert, the future Group of Eight would not have existed to have first set up the Global Defense Initiative by becoming its primary founding nations.

According to former C&C designer Adam "Ishmael" Isgreen, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn follows the events of Red Alert's Allied campaign,[9] while Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge take place in a parallel universe created by an attempt to alter the past in "Tiberian Incursion",[10] which was known to be the working title of Westwood's cancelled sequel to Tiberian Sun: Firestorm.[11] Isgreen also implied that Nikola Tesla was responsible for attracting the attention of the Scrin through his experiments, and thus for the arrival of Tiberium on Earth.[12]

When the Command & Conquer: The First Decade compilation was released in February of 2006, Electronic Arts divided the Command & Conquer series into three distinct universes, with this apparently violating the storyline connections between Red Alert and Tiberian Dawn initially established by Westwood Studios. With the subsequent release of the title Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars in March 2007, however, Electronic Arts published a document pertaining to C&C 3's storyline in which a reference to Kane's appearance in the 1950s of Command & Conquer: Red Alert was made.[13]

So, do we just retcon what 'orignally' happened in C&C:TS? Or do we accept the view of Adam?

Isgreen also implied that Nikola Tesla was responsible for attracting the attention of the Scrin through his experiments, and thus for the arrival of Tiberium on Earth.

That's right, blame the Serbian scientist for Tiberium. [southpark]You bastards![/southpark] :lol:

I prefer to just accept the fact that EA jacks up every decent franchise they touch that's not their own, and thereby can only pray that Red Alert 3 is at least half way decent. (For those that may not know, C&C was originally a Westwood Studios property until EA bought them out.)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I agree with you on Generals. I don't even consider that one to be a C&C game. However, they did a pretty good job with Tiberium Wars and got the series very close to what it was, when it comes to gameplay. I hope Red Alert 3 will only get better, but we'll know for sure when the game comes out.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Red Alert 3 is here. My impressions so far are generally good. The campaigns are unfortunately not very original, or interesting story-wise, but they are entertaining enough and will make you laugh on occasion (especially the cameo at the end of the Allied campaign). The gameplay and everything else is, however, excellent.

As a fan of the classic C&C build system, I'm kinda disappointed they decided to meddle with it, but regardless, I found the game very good and fun to play.

• 2 weeks later...

Well,I thought finally another red alert game.But when I played and finished the game it felt so empty.Only the prologue and attack on Soviets is good enough(the invasion made me remember red alert 2 with soviet invasion).And as the story continues it gets so boring.And serious when I played the empire of rising sun I couldn't think how the U.S president was a robot and how come in allies campaign it was still functioning even after defeat of empire of rising sun.And soviet story as it continues get more and more confusing.How did the professor disappear.If so then why didn't the soviets found him.If soviets were winning then would the professor contact the allies as it was shown in allies campaign.And don't get me started on few other things.Like how come maps were so old art type looking.It makes no sense

Archived