Home

Push->Knockdown->Fall Damage Spam

razorace

grievous_X_X tells me that there's an issue with some players abusing push/pull by knocking players off cliffs and then dieing from the fall damage.

Has anyone else seen this?

Is this an actual problem? If so, what can we do about it?

grievous_X_X has recommend that we simply reduce the fall damage booster for falling while in knockdown. What do you guys think?

Sounds like he's running with guns or using heavy weapons too much. In the newer code you can only be pushed or pulled over backwards if running with light weapon or using heavy weapon and knockdown either way if high on mishap. With this in mind I think its plenty fair. I also haven'T heard any such complaints before. If I hear more complaints I'll consider lowering the fall damage or increase fp points for push or pull usage.

And don't worrry with these new push pull settings about giving gunners too much of an advantage (which it kinda does in some ways, at least against noob jedis :p ). We've got something in the works for protect to help jedi's out a bit.

I really don't see the problem here.

Person gets pushed off of very high area.

Person falls many many meters.

Person dies.

Is there some kind of universal hatred for Jedi that actually get to use powers other than saber defense? Grievous should stfu.

I really don't see the problem here.

Person gets pushed off of very high area.

Person falls many many meters.

Person dies.

Is there some kind of universal hatred for Jedi that actually get to use powers other than saber defense? Grievous should stfu.

ok, I'll stfu...

I agree with max on this one. A month ago I fell 12 feet on to my back on concrete and walked away from it. If I fell twice in a row I would be paralyzed. A full hp gunner can take about 3 or 4 falls like that or find a medkit and take more.. That's plenty fair and more realistic. I.d sooner raise the fp cost of push and pull.

I agree with max on this one. A month ago I fell 12 feet on to my back on concrete and walked away from it. If I fell twice in a row I would be paralyzed. A full hp gunner can take about 3 or 4 falls like that or find a medkit and take more.. That's plenty fair and more realistic. I.d sooner raise the fp cost of push and pull.

The thing I like about OJP force powers is that they are cost-efficient and thus give you more chances to use them. I will not agree with ideas that'll deter users from using Force powers even more.

And you used force fall ;P[

But still, its too overpowered; normal fall would not make insta-kill to you, while it will drain some hp (sometimes almost ALL HP). But watching gunners flying off 5 meters and dying on hit while got pushed, pulled or whatever is a bit... retarded. Most jedis use this tactic to gain advantage... while they already got push and pull mentioned before, also lightning and grip, and of cource, lightdildo which blocks fire and throws it back to you if jedi was aiming at you and attacking. Jedis can't excel at everything; that's imbalanced. Well, you can change balance by some other ways, but anyway, lower that damn damage booster (maybe only a bit). I seriously want help to improve the mod. Heh, I like mb2 idea about damages, they all are mostly small, but deadly enough and that fall damage booster is kind of critical to hp such as headshot or hit of lightdildo. Result - MB2 looks really polished in terms of balance and damages. But in OJP, I think we just need to lower that fall damage booster for now, jedis are spamming it like hell anyway.

Learn to use the enter button - paragraphs make me want to read your post, annoyn'.

Jedi get advantages at high skillpoint levels, but with the latest changes to clone rifle and t-21 heavy weapons should be more balanced in the up and coming releases.

He was refering to my fall just to be clear :D

And the reason I would change the push and pull cost first is that their not blasted over and over in the movies so if I was going to change something along those lines to prevent 'fall spam' that would probably be it. though I already hesitant about any change along these lines unless we were to raise force regen rate :p But I'm still not convinced its a problem anyways. It's realistic and fair in my book.

I'm already experimenting with raising it to 450 on the euro server to see what the effects are like. Currently guns are so shock-like to DP that FP isn't even paid attention to. To counter this though, we might have to think of a way to drain FP with attacks or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of making it so it negates fall damage that's under a certain boundary, and having everything above it do much more damage. If MovieBattles did anything right, they did their fall damage and falling physics. Right now you can fall off a 10 story building and still have enough HP left to melee someone to death.

Archived