Home

Most likely to happen to the KOTOR series

kotorfan84

Most likely fate of KOTOR series  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Most likely fate of KOTOR series

• Lucas Arts makes a third enstallment to the series
    • Lucas Arts creates a MMORPG based on the same time period
    • The fate of Revan, the exile and the True Sith eventually get explained in a star wars comic
    • We never find out anything about what happened after KOTOR 2

I guess i have given up for Kotor 3 (although it pains me to say it), but imo it has just taken too long. I think if Lucasarts were actually making it, it would have come out already.
I guess I just want to point out that development cycles for games have lengthened. A typical RPG will take around 3 years to develop. So if LucasArts had someone working on KotOR 3 starting immediately after KotOR 2's release then it would have been reasonable to expect KotOR 3 at the end of 2007, beginning of 2008. Granted, we are past that point in time now but we're not that far past what would have been the earliest expected timeframe to see KotOR 3.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess I just want to point out that development cycles for games have lengthened. A typical RPG will take around 3 years to develop. So if LucasArts had someone working on KotOR 3 starting immediately after KotOR 2's release then it would have been reasonable to expect KotOR 3 at the end of 2007, beginning of 2008. Granted, we are past that point in time now but we're not that far past what would have been the earliest expected timeframe to see KotOR 3.

Good point. I just have a feeling they havent been working on a new kotor at all, thats what I was trying to say.

Wow, I voted in this a long time ago it seems. Um, I'd like to change my answer. I voted for LucasArts making a third installment, but now I'm thinking that's likely not to happen, and that Dark Horse will continue the story.

But then again, there were four years between Jedi Knight and Jedi Outcast, so you never know.

I am hoping for an extensive novel series of "Knights of the Old Republic". I just do not want the NJO team to make it. Grrr...

When it comes to a third game, I don't think there will be a stand alone "KotOR" game. If the gossip becomes truth, I wouldn't want to play a MMORPG of "KotOR". I just don't see the logic behind those types of RPGs. I like to have my own story.

When it comes to a third game, I don't think there will be a stand alone "KotOR" game. If the gossip becomes truth, I wouldn't want to play a MMORPG of "KotOR". I just don't see the logic behind those types of RPGs.

The logic is companies making lots of $$$. Yeah yeah, I'm sure lots of people are saying, "I'll NEVER play a KotOR MMORPG", but I know they'd suck a number of you in, even with the monthly fees and all, because many people just wouldn't be able to resist.

The logic is companies making lots of $$$. Yeah yeah, I'm sure lots of people are saying, "I'll NEVER play a KotOR MMORPG", but I know they'd suck a number of you in, even with the monthly fees and all, because many people just wouldn't be able to resist.

I resisted "Star Wars: Gallaxies". I allways felt that paying multiple times for a game is illogical. After I get home from buying a RPG, I want to open the box, install the game, and just jump into the story. I don't want to pay more, nor do I want to join in a group RPG. I just plainly don't like them. There are two other MMORPGs coming out soon, by big franchises, and I am not going to become a member of those either. Its just me.

I resisted "Star Wars: Gallaxies". I allways felt that paying multiple times for a game is illogical. After I get home from buying a RPG, I want to open the box, install the game, and just jump into the story. I don't want to pay more, nor do I want to join in a group RPG. I just plainly don't like them. There are two other MMORPGs coming out soon, by big franchises, and I am not going to become a member of those either. Its just me.

Not saying they'd get you personally, but I'm more than positive that many of you that have said you'd never give in to buying a KotOR MMORPG most certainly would at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, If they won't announce a K3 in this year, the community and the future communities of modders will make a K3 outta K2. That is something that I am sure it will eventually happen. The modding has become a very known and utilized hobby. Plus there has been made some great breakthus in the modding.

Anyway, this type of projects have already been started. The most recent example is the mod "Revenge of Revan".

• 2 months later...

Well if that's true that means that they must have been working on the MMO since then.

Archived