Home

Ideas for main villain.

Random Person

What if there's no end boss and you just wake up as little Ani ? :lol:

Méh, lame !

I think a strong female thing, with some Giger mixed in might give something wicked.

I wouldn't mind if it all took place on a big interstellar cruise ship, something like the Titanic.

And something creepy whack happens on board.

Just some lose weird ideas.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all I like the idea of an alien for 3. Malak was like the ultimate racist. Kreia hated everyone equally, regardless of alien or humanity. Having an alien that hates humans would round it out. A true sith would be cool to me, but a good story could be done with something else too.

Well Malak was a dark side guardian, Kreia was a dark sided counselor. A "jack of all trades" not overwhelming in any 1 area, skilled in all (aka dark/sith sentinal) would have us not retreading the same ground. I could see an assassin, but I really wouldnt' like them being like nihilus either.

Rev: I could see summoning the dead enemies from K1 & K2 as force ghosts, but as fully alive again that didnt' really work for me either.

A non-Sith boss. Please.

I was just about to say that. Unless they can make them interesting. Most of the Sith are just such boring enemies. Malak anyone? I was so disappointed when they turned Kreia into a common-or-garden Sith, they could have done so much more with the shades of grey dynamic of TSL.

I also kind of like the idea i heard somewhere on here about having Bastilla being the final villian. Revan jilted her, and it's entirely possible she'd want to take apart all he worked to create, whether that would be a sith empire or the rebuilt old republic.

I just like to have less Planets, it leads to less of Collect these things to get to the end.

If you compare many RPG's to its core idea, they're pretty much the same...

Collect 4 to 5 StarMaps/ Old Jedi Masters...

If things would take place in a more closed area, perhaps we could get a more horror story in SW. I'd like to see some real changes, or a real differant way of approaching things.

Another crazy start would be to let the story continue/ end even if you fail the big main quest.

Looking back to K1 you still needed to fight Malak as DS or LS, what would the story look like if your character dies... why wouldn't you continue playing with the rest of the party.

Many of them have serious reasons to do so.

The Villain has to be someone who will always bring conflict within the PC. The Villain or Villains have to help move the story so we can all enjoy the ride, which is story telling.

As for the topic on having it about something other then collecting objects or Jedi, it can be done. The key is not the objects but what emotional pull it has on the plot and main character. The plot has to be character driven. Kotor1 did a great job of that around the PC’s story. Kotor2 did a better job with the party members, but it lacked the strong plot around the PC. All kotor2 had to do was a CGI movie of the battle on Malachor V when Revan commanded that the Jedi exile to use the weapon. We have to see the horror which the Exile felt. Since this was not shown, you really don’t feel connected to the Exile like you did with Revan.

Logan

Kotor: Revenge of Revan

http://kotorrevengeofrevan.wetpaint.com/

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=186405

Having an alien that hates humans would round it out.

As long as he's not called Saren...

No offense, you're proposing something as worth and valuable as every one else, but if we're going to stay with the clichés, then why not keep the Sith boss?

Looking back to K1 you still needed to fight Malak as DS or LS, what would the story look like if your character dies... why wouldn't you continue playing with the rest of the party.

There's a game, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, a nonsense strategic RPG where, depending of the boss that kills you, a ending with the credits rolling and a triumphant music will be played.

Of course it's not the same, but I think that this wouldn't work well with KotOR, seeing as how your character is *you* on the game.

Rev: I could see summoning the dead enemies from K1 & K2 as force ghosts, but as fully alive again that didnt' really work for me either.

Yeah, I mean killing all of the enemies that you have already killed, would definately be difficult. As non-agressive force ghosts, now that is a whole different idea. Maybe this boss could show you the force ghosts of all the people/creatures that you have killed. That might be an interesting twist...

As long as he's not called Saren...

No offense, you're proposing something as worth and valuable as every one else, but if we're going to stay with the clichés, then why not keep the Sith boss?

I have no problem with it being a member of the sith race, and would even prefer it. An alien supremacist head enemy is really the one direction that hasn't been covered in a kotor game though.

Yeah, I mean killing all of the enemies that you have already killed, would definately be difficult. As non-agressive force ghosts, now that is a whole different idea. Maybe this boss could show you the force ghosts of all the people/creatures that you have killed. That might be an interesting twist...

I wasn't talking about necessarily non agressive ones, though it could be. there are sith force ghosts as well as Jedi ones. You have the option to kill one in K1 (Ajunta Pall who you can kill or convert depending on your abilities and preferences) as well as a sort of force ghosts K2 (in the korriban tomb you kill the jedi force ghosts, as well as malak, your other party members other than kreia, and one of revan). So actual sith ghosts as enemies would be a new direction if we were fighting the old villians from the former games before we get to kill the main enemy.

• 1 month later...

*Bump Please read our Forum Rules as we do not allow 'bumps' in any forum here. While you did indeed post something relevant I won't delete the post this time. But no more ok? Thanks. -RH

Personally I would like to see a main villain who's machinations and tactics were similar to that of Revan when he was a sith. Killing certain pollitical figures who pose a threat, basically controlling all of the planets with fear, but doesn't go and bombard the place like Malak to kill like two people.

*Nod, nod* A Revan-ish villian is very interesting. Kreia-ish as well, because they are calculating and complex, not obsessive and blood-thirsty. It is much more terrifying to face an enemy who can plan your every move, spot your weaknesses a planet away, and destroy a powerful opponent without throwing everything they have at them like Malak does.

Plus, they are more interesting as characters when they aren't completely at the mercy of their bloodlust. Kreia or Sion/Revan or Malak? Its like comparing an assassin with a wrestler... most people would find an assassin much scarier and more dangerous if they actually faced them.

there are sith force ghosts as well as Jedi ones. You have the option to kill one in K1 (Ajunta Pall who you can kill or convert depending on your abilities and preferences) as well as a sort of force ghosts K2 (in the korriban tomb you kill the jedi force ghosts, as well as malak, your other party members other than kreia, and one of revan).

Just to make sure I'm remembering correctly - Ajunta pall was a true force ghost on Korriban, right? I thought the Malak/Revan/Bastila/Party Members in K2 you encountered on Korriban were visions of the Exile, not force ghosts.

Just to make sure I'm remembering correctly - Ajunta pall was a true force ghost on Korriban, right? I thought the Malak/Revan/Bastila/Party Members in K2 you encountered on Korriban were visions of the Exile, not force ghosts.

They're visions, all right.

Although Jvstice said they were "sort of" ghosts, but I see your point.

Archived