Home

What does BadStrRef Mean?

BadStrRef

What does this mean when this comes up in the KSE and

how do I change it (It's for a new item I'm making and

it's kinda screwy (for-lack-of-a-better term) and I can't

think of the reason why this is, all help is apprcreated

(spelling?) in advance.Also when I add the Item to my

game it add's like over 400000 of them always.Any and all help in welcomed with open arms.

EDIT:Sorry I accidently put this in the wrong forum without paying attention.

BadStrRef means that a field that normally points to an entry in the dialog.tlk file is (or is being evaluated to be) 0.

That plus the fact the the stack count of the item is > 400k sounds like something is wrong with your .uti file. How did you create that file?

I've actually noticed that problem when trying to use KSE to include certain modded items as well (d333s warpband for instance). Generally, I just try to get around it by cheating the item in or finding it naturally in game play and then altering the number of that object w/KSE to however many I want or need.

This error seems to come up when too much moddign is done, whereas some mods have conflictions, and it messes things up really weird. It's liek a wildcard error that comes with mods that are installed wrong/have inconsistences. I've never managed to fix it, but it does tend to be annoying, as there are a few mods I have that it messes up really bad.

Ok well I can tell you what I did without revealing to much about the mod (I hope) ok so I edited the Double-Bladed Viridian uti file (g_w_dblsbr011) to create my own dbl saber with all it's own desrciption , properties that were kinda high (I think, if in the stat mod drop down box 5 is high) and now when I try to go into KT again to midify it it isn't there so ne1 know how to get it to show up in the KT if ne1 wants I can put a link to the .uti file here by request. Thank you all for your comments.

EDIT:Also this is for KotOR 2 TSL BTW

Archived