Home

Mutterings of Empire at War II

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Rumours have hit my desk that LucasArts are developing a new RTS. The working title appears to be Empire at War II, following up the success of the 2006 Petroglyph developed smash.

It's not clear if Petroglyph are developing the new installment as they have just released Universe at War on the PC, with the XBOX 360 version following this month.

More news to follow as we dig around.

It would be great if they somehow added in RT4X features that Sins of a Solar Empire had (read: more tactics, ship HP carrying over, multiple battles at same time, more interactive tech tree, scalability, fix the stupid CTD (UaW had SOOO MANY of these...and my PC is only 1&1/2 years old! If you're going to tell me to get a new computer (that is vista, shudders), then you're shutting out a huge percentage of computer users. FoC didn't crash as much (or at all) as UaW), NO gfw:live, ADD in diplomacy/small factions, mutiny in empire, etc.) and made land more fun (read: carry over things from UaW, or better yet, scrap land in its current form to allow RT battles and empire management as in SoSE and come up with a new method somehow. I never got how a conclusion on a small battlefield on a entire planet decided how that planets affiliation would be. Or why my space units couldn't help more on land (or if a mod did, how to solve scaling issues, and engine pathing issues))

Lucasarts should make games in house, I mean, IL&M has so good quality models they made for the movies. If they just took those models and instead of going from the ground up, scaled them down in quality so the average user could run it and strapped it to a good (efficient) engine, that would be a GREAT game! Would save the time of creating the game models, so they can focus on game mechanics, map design (or maybe use the movies ones), features, etc.

• 1 month later...
. Or why my space units couldn't help more on land

your right, because in SWII you see for example that a accamator is landed in geonosis, and if you look good at republic commando, you see in the beginning that the dropship your in is dropped in the air from a ship (it can't fall in 5 sec. from space to 100 meters in the air) but eighter way, you could for excample add a "capital ship run" i know in eaw foc is something but is only a small erea and it takes long to recharch.

and i would like that is a little more like imperium galactica 2. ---> the fleets are not stationed at a planet but anywere you want! no planet slots, battles can be fought above a planet (within a sertain radius of the planet) or just in deep space and maybe just for fun: you can give your fleet a name!

and as you said: a more advanced techtree

but i stop before i'm planning the whole game, but this are some things i would love in eawII

bye

assainator

Archived