Home

Incoming new version in 9001...9000...8999

Maxstate

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

V1.2 news:

We're going to be testing all of the new features, and the game in general for bugs and other unwanted behaviour tomorrow evening. If all goes well, V1.2 will be released on Thursday afternoon. Let's hope that it won't take long for jk3files to get to it either, I can't wait to cauterize some noob flesh.

V1.2 news:

We're going to be testing all of the new features, and the game in general for bugs and other unwanted behaviour tomorrow evening. If all goes well, V1.2 will be released on Thursday afternoon. Let's hope that it won't take long for jk3files to get to it either, I can't wait to cauterize some noob flesh.

Nooo my inexperienced flesh. Well it could be worse, at least its only a flesh wound. :vader3: Really though thats good news, I've played a few matches with bots but haven't really had any online experience since testing with razorace and jrhockney ages ago. I have no idea how many changes 1.2 will have but I trust they're for the better, you guys seem to have a good handle on things. I'll be looking forward to it.

If all goes well, V1.2 will be released on Thursday afternoon. Let's hope that it won't take long for jk3files to get to it either, I can't wait to cauterize some noob flesh.
Well if I taught them anything hopefully they'll give it top priority... but you never know.

I'll test my tomrrow night with darth then since your night is way before mine. Also can some one who has photoshop change dodge to defense and misbap to balance on the hud since the new hud isn't ready? I think thatis very important if we're going to release it on jjk2files. we really need to lessen the confusion for new people and that will help a lot I think.

Good job darth. Don't forget about the NPC thing, looking into the cloak issue, also the bug I pointed out before where the seeker stops firing when you tell it to attack a person with a saber, and that stormtrooper thing if theres time left. Also we need to update documentation and hopefully change the hud to say defense and balance if we can.

Thanks inyri. If nobody has gone over all the features with you yet, let us know so we can set something up.

If by Coop you mean FFA, you're absolutely right.

The thing is, right now Coop promotes single-player type gameplay. It's impossible to play Coop properly with more than 2 people because it just isn't built for that. Why you ask? Well for one there's only a single spawning space per map, so whenever more than one person tries to spawn, every person but one gets telefragged.

We've had loads of ideas on how to "fix" the Coop gametype into something more suitable for multiplayer. One of these ideas comprised of transforming Coop into Team-Coop, whereby one team's mission is to do the objective of the map, and the other team's objective is to stop the first team from doing so. If we managed to implement something like that, I'd see more use for Coop, but in the near future I think our best bets are on CTF and TFFA/FFA.

I've been wrong in the past, so I could be wrong again, though.

We'll see. Biggest hope right now is that a Jk3Files release will bring more players to the community who will, hopefully, be able to actually give feedback instead of just lurking on the forums all day long. :chinaman:

edit:

I need English lessons. What the sparta is up with my grammar?

Lurk lurk. I've been talking to people about how much OJP rocks and has changed. Alot of friends seem to think its still the same from waaay back during one of the first releases. They said it was too slow etc, this was when animations were really slow compared to now. They ask for a website and razoraces is out of date so I just link em to the forums. With that being said I too hope that jk3files can bring in a few more people. I'm not that good with ideas and i've been playing a old version. I hope I can play enough that I will have an idea of what could or shouldnt be changed.

NPC thing done. I'll look into seeker bug, though last time I checked it was non existant.

Edit: (10 seconds after posting :p), it exists, i'll fix it.

Edit2:It doesn't exist? :S

Yeah doesn't exist :p.

are you sure? you did command the seeker to attack by pressing use item again and it was hovering over the jedi firing at him, right? anyways, good job with the over stuff. keep up the good work.

They ask for a website and razoraces is out of date so I just link em to the forums.

Yeah, the admin posting system got borked and the dudes that run the JK.net site don't respond to email requests to fixing the FTP login so we can fix it. :|

The thing is, right now Coop promotes single-player type gameplay. It's impossible to play Coop properly with more than 2 people because it just isn't built for that. Why you ask? Well for one there's only a single spawning space per map, so whenever more than one person tries to spawn, every person but one gets telefragged.

Actually, I setup a system so that you'll spawn around the original spawn point rather than directly on it. However, you have to be running the game in the CoOp gametype for that to be active.

I'm sorry to have to inform all of you that you're going to have to wait a bit longer. We've run into some bugs that shouldn't even exist and are doing our hardest to fix 'em.

The pre-release version is uploaded at the TNTclan server if you want to try it out, though it'll be messy without the proper files.

Hopefully we'll have a bug-free version up by tomorrow.

I've made a video of the stuttering I get w/ the dlls from 4/25 on the test server. I have ~150 ping and can play fine w/ the same ping on other non-test servers /w non-test dlls: so I don't think that lag is the cause. Jumping, ydfa, etc doesn't stutter at all compared to running or walking. In the video I move to the sides and also tap to the sides to show that I'm stuttering by just walking and tapping the direction really fast doesn't move me as far.

http://files.filefront.com/jamp+2008+04+27+01+24+59avi/;10087262;/fileinfo.html

Swinging seems a little slowed-down. Dunno if that's a symptom or a design.

Archived