Home

Incoming new version in 9001...9000...8999

Maxstate

I think it menas your files are different from the ones on the server. But then again, it isn't an official release or anything, it's something we're still testing so we can't provide any official support yet. I'd suggest to just stick to your old files until the beta testers iron this thing crisp and clean.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, a two observations about the newers code beta before you test tomarrow: Grip seems to rule over gunners with an iron fist and should probably be nerfed a bit more( either make a shot kill a gripper, or make some other running vulnerability I'd say) and the new initial cost jumping nerf has made it rediculously easy to run away in a saber fight, I would suggested at least making it 5 points since the cartwheel and backflip already costs 3 and I'd rather see those used alot more than stupid looking bunny hops,wouldnt you? ;P

We've narrowed down the crashing servers to people not having the same files as the server. The twitchy run animations are still a pain in the butt and we can't figure them out. But then again, a lot of things that shouldn't happen, are.

Kaldar's bowcaster loading color is red, mine is green, even though I'm sure I've made it red like 3 times already. I also don't stutter as much as other people when I walk in-game. Then there's tanqexe's problems with lightning not working, and his observation of makashi's stance where the saber protrudes from the player's wrist. I didn't quite take it seriously until it now started happening to me, and I can't explain it.

Weird stuff. Weirdest bug of all might be the fact that people can actually move through each other and get each other stuck. We're doing all we can to fix this and Darth could probably power a city with his typing.

I wanted to thank everyone that came to test out the game yesterday, you guys filled up the server pretty neatly. I'd like to see you all back when we finally iron out all of these bugs and release v1.2.

You didn't install it correctly in that case. Reinstall.

Release update:

As I might've said before to some of you, most of the bugs have been traced and smitten by Darth. Seems like there are two causes:

-Player or server has wrong files;

-Player or server has installed the wrong files or hasn't installed them properly;

The sudden change of gun effects was all my fault, as I forgot to send Darth some /gfx/ files that I just didn't think of when I was sending him /effects/ files.

Expect more information soon, but don't get your hopes up too soon lest you want to get disappointed by another bug we cleared 2 years ago.

As I might've said before to some of you, most of the bugs have been traced and smitten by Darth. Seems like there are two causes:

If this is continuing to be a problem. We might need to enforce harder version mismatch behavior. Maybe bump players without the current version from the server with a explaination on where to get the latest version.

Secondly, you guys really need to use the autobuilder to create builds. It's very easy to use and results in a fancy installer that takes the difficulty out of installing the mod.

The sudden change of gun effects was all my fault, as I forgot to send Darth some /gfx/ files that I just didn't think of when I was sending him /effects/ files.

Expect more information soon, but don't get your hopes up too soon lest you want to get disappointed by another bug we cleared 2 years ago.

Max, why aren't you commiting files directly to the repository? You need to be doing that instead of going thru DD. I know from experience that being the middleman for commiting changes is a pain-in-the-butt. SVN is easy to setup and it's THE WAY to preventing file screwups.

THAT GOES FOR ALL TEAM MEMBERS!

*Puts away the boss whip*

What Ever Happend To Your Whip And The Mini Gun

The whip screenshot was just a concept shot. It turned out that implimentation of said whip was too hard to do.

As for the minigun, last I heard was that it was still being worked on.

Because as I've said 3 times already, nothing we've posted here is for releasing nor for actual playing. It's for the beta-testers that know what to do with it, for the beta-testers that don't use MSN and thus can not get the testing version in any other way.

I've proclaimed no-support and I'm sticking with that. Hold on to whatever stable version we released before this until we give the go-ahead.

well than what i'd like to see in ojp is a few emotes as in sit wave etc etc and a grappling hook to like in JAPLUS. Oh And Class's Option Like In Force Mod 3 And Movie Battles. And A Way To Still Have The Jetpack But Make It Invisable.

well than what i'd like to see in ojp is a few emotes as in sit wave etc etc and a grappling hook to like in JAPLUS. Oh And Class's Option Like In Force Mod 3 And Movie Battles. And A Way To Still Have The Jetpack But Make It Invisable.

I disagree completely. Emotes are useless other than upsetting the sucker who was unwise to lower his or her defenses. As for grappling hooks I thought they were useless in Jedi Knight 1 and I still think they're useless years later. As for class options like movie battles2 is more of a team tactical gametype where you have roles. I like the experience system right now, one of the only ones I've liked. Probably because of how well you guys did on documenting changelog, cvars and a few other things.

Oh and people flying with just smoke coming out of their asses would be silly :lol: (unless they worked on mb2, oh burn!)

lets not bash on moviebattles now, in my opinion, they've done a very good job and revamped the gunner system in a way that has brought jedi academy to a new level. The point is that movie battles is not the same as ojp, thus a class system is inappropriate for our type of gameplay.

either way, emotes, grappling hooks, and the like have no place in ojp.

mb suxxx ollooool

I refuse to believe in this political correctness bull poo poo* any more. MB has been an amalgam of everything deemed 'nice' from OJP's repositories and jk3files, for the last 2 years. Its team has a few bad seeds. Check out mb2wiki.com for screenshots of some of their ban warnings. Like one team member threatening to ban another from the forums for not liking anime and saying so in an anime thread.

:rolleyes:

JA+ is the cushion that RP'ers land on when they get kicked out of proper servers. It stopped being useful years ago because the asses of several thousands pounds of overfed, pasty asses wore out its fabric. No grapple hook, no emote. I'm sorry but... just no.

Good lord guys! Its like he just asked for FFA at the MB2 forums! LOL.

Let me answer this another way: Classes, probably never, they've been done by other mods and we headed down another path ages ago. Emotes, I'm not that against them or RPers, but unless you can find some other non-trendy use for them outside of RPing, probably not. Grappling hook, only if nerfed severely and everybody else convinced its ok, otherwise its not needed.

And I'm not being politically correct when MB2 does not suck, I'm being realistic. Personal grudges aside, to say it does is is overlooking their accomplishment of virtually creating their own seige game with addictive balance that hundreds of players. To say it now bores me is more accurate, and even thats not entirely true. You can say whatever you will about what you think about their staff or what they could be doing better or its now boring, but to say it sucks is too general and I dont think is fair. :xp:

Anywho, back to I hate this trendy stuff from other mods comments if you like LOL xp

Good lord guys! Its like he just asked for FFA at the MB2 forums! LOL.

Let me answer this another way: Classes, probably never, they've been done by other mods and we headed down another path ages ago. Emotes, I'm not that against them or RPers, but unless you can find some other non-trendy use for them outside of RPing, probably not. Grappling hook, only if nerfed severely and everybody else convinced its ok, otherwise its not needed.

And I'm not being politically correct when MB2 does not suck, I'm being realistic. Personal grudges aside, to say it does is is overlooking their accomplishment of virtually creating their own seige game with addictive balance that hundreds of players. To say it now bores me is more accurate, and even thats not entirely true. You can say whatever you will about what you think about their staff or what they could be doing better or its now boring, but to say it sucks is too general and I dont think is fair. :xp:

Anywho, back to I hate this trendy stuff from other mods comments if you like LOL xp

That is if you can get the stupid thing working because some chucklehead thought it was a good idea to force people to have the exact same (files) maps despite the server not actually cycling through them. Time to download a 700mb (pray they don't have fixes somehow not included in the packs)pack of bloated low fps maps just to play DOTF forever and ever. Thats if you can get it working with the ugly com_sprintf: overflow errors. Other than that I don't know I haven't played since b16 or 17 because of it just not working.

Perhaps I shouldn't have commented on MB2 twice but that and bad experiences with their actual team/community have me disliking the mod. Sorry for this thread getting off topic. :(

I've been thinking that maybe some sort of grapple may not be such a bad idea, basically make it the poor mans jetpack. But not some uber retarded thing where you can hook anywhere, sit in the top corner of the map or swing around like a madman while frying people with lightening (bad memories from other mods). Rather make it a simple line you can rappel down from a point so there's some way to get to lower levels on the map without falling to death. To make sure it isn't OP make it so you can only go down, have a set line length, let it take a second or two to set it so you're a sitting duck when you use it. It would just be an option on larger layer maps of keeping the fight moving around the map. Anyhoo probably wouldn't work but it's my thought on the matter.

Archived