Home

Incoming new version in 9001...9000...8999

Maxstate

I agree somewhat. I believe there are ways that we could put it in in a balanced and realistic way. If it was slow enough and only usable at certain angles like straight up or on a slight slant from there ( unless we create swinging physics...not likely :p ) but even that might be a little confusing for new players. Not sure sure how well it would work out :p.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless Jack Thompson calls Darthdie's mother, we're definitely going to release very soon. There's going to be a playtest match tonight at 20:00 GMT+1. Either me or Darthdie will post the files needed to pre-release test it as soon as possible, so stay tuned.

Er who what when whar wai Alec? Is thar a problem with it or something? And bjusterbaarlik nope, although mebbe max could tell you some of the changes/bux fixes.

Meh, I was tired...........

I felt like saying that.

If that is an "official release to the forums" then shouldn't it be on some new page?

That's why I said it.

The latest version posted in this thread seems to crash everytime I try to use Force Push.

Also, I took a look at the ojp_enhancedstuff.pk3 file, since it was so massive in size compared to the latest one. Do you really need all those custom effects and what about all those screenshots in there of DarthDie with a swastika of demo charges.

The custom effects in this pk3 sure look nice, but the bigger ones like the explosions from the rockets and thermal detonators somehow make my FPS plummet from sky-high to down-the-drain. It seems like they have not been made very effectively. Not that I can do any better, though.

:p Rev wanted me to take some pics of that so I did. And i'm not suar why its including the screenshots folder, didnt jack have something todo with including screenshots in something?

Edit

*sighs* push doesn't crash me :S.

Sense the OJP team is kindly taking request from everyone...

I want a grenade that looks and sounds like a kitten and explodes with little hearts and flowers that gives health and force to everyone it hits!

Please please please take my idea its really good and will make OJP a better mod!!!

Like First Aid? Maybe you can take the siege tech heal ability and place it on the merc tree, only proplem though it be kinda useless with the DP system, so it shouldnt be imballanced, it just be kinda... worthless.

So maybe introduce 2 skills? First Aid, and Ammo Dump, but with the siege ability recovers both ammo and health at the same time while dropping a little ammo dump thingy to and revealing the health and ammo of friendly targets. That be a lot for 1 talent, but it should be fair.

But speaking of unfair talents, and seeing other peoples health and status... I think Force Sense 3 should reveal Health, Amour, DP, FP, Mishap and Ammo/Saber Stance. Because right now its kinda worthless other for snipe shots, unless there is a feature I am missing. And Force 2 should reveal health and Armor. Force 1 should see though walls, I think its kinda funny that it doesn't because seeing people with the force shouldnt be affected by walls but then again thats how it is in Base.

Also, I took a look at the ojp_enhancedstuff.pk3 file, since it was so massive in size compared to the latest one. Do you really need all those custom effects and what about all those screenshots in there of DarthDie with a swastika of demo charges.

Did someone use the autobuilder to make the build? It's possible that the autobuilder script needs to except the screenshot dir.

Archived