Home

The Party Members of KOTOR 3

*Don*

Okay, this is my first time posting in "The Unknown Regions", so forgive me if this thread has been started already.

What type of party members do u want for KOTOR 3 (assuming that it will be made)?

What species, qualifications, allignments do u want them to have?

Also, what type of histories do u want them to possess (former soldier, jedi, etc...).

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, this is my first time posting in "The Unknown Regions", so forgive me if this thread has been started already.

What type of party members do u want for KOTOR 3 (assuming that it will be made)?

What species, qualifications, allignments do u want them to have?

Also, what type of histories do u want them to possess (former soldier, jedi, etc...).

I want them to have a little of everything. Twi'leks, Gran, Wookies, humans, Rodians, the works. And they would have the Influence System, but have half be evil, half be good.

As for histories, they all would have done something noteworthy(Mandalorian Wars, Exchange, surving the attack on Taris, Civil War, surviving the Jedi Purge(Thats when all the Jedi except the Exile, the Lost Jedi(Exile's companions), and The Last Jedi Masters)).

Along the lines of BioShazard, I like the idea of "survivors"...it's a lot more special to have "the last living _________" than a random Republic soldier or something. Gives them a reason to be "special" enough to be in my party. :D

Not along the lines of BioShazard, I prefer humans over aliens. Does that make me "species-ist"? (...lame) Anyway, I just always found myself more drawn to the human characters in my party than the Twi'ilek, Wookiees or droids.

I want more melee party members and less ranged. There are those moments in the game where you really just need somebody with high Strength to give you some backup in a lightsaber fight.

I want more melee party members and less ranged. There are those moments in the game where you really just need somebody with high Strength to give you some backup in a lightsaber fight.

Well, assuming K3 has the Finesse feats from K2, you won't be needing your strength any time soon. ;)

Anyway, my thoughts? I think that all the party members, save two (T3 and HK, of course), should be completely new characters and/or not in your party in either of the first two games. We learned the others' stories in K1 and 2--no need to have them again. Though, Canderous was still interesting in K2, but that's an exception.

I would like Canderous, T3, and HK to remain the same.

Other than that, I would like to have the ability to boot people from my party and then, if I deem it necessary, pick them back up at a later time.

For example, there are only 9 slots available for the Party Members but there should be over 20 recruitable NPCs. This would add variety to the game and also allow the PC to experience a wider range of allies. Of course, if u get bored with some of them, or if u want some of them back, u can always pick them up/drop them off whenever u wish.

What are ur thoughts on that?

That sounds like a good plan, as it leads to more story lines and more replayabilty as then you could go back,

And you could suit it to your character, eg, if you have a Dark side PC, then you could recruit a Dark side party.

But I think you need a few core characters that keep the story rolling.

For example, there are only 9 slots available for the Party Members but there should be over 20 recruitable NPCs. This would add variety to the game and also allow the PC to experience a wider range of allies. Of course, if u get bored with some of them, or if u want some of them back, u can always pick them up/drop them off whenever u wish.

What are ur thoughts on that?

It wouldn't be possible. I'm sure he writers had a hard enough time making the 12 party members in K2; in fact, they seem to have run out of time for Bao-dur. who has nothing to say after Telos, and Mical, whose entire background got cut.

Here's an alternative:

*7 mandatory party members (7)

*1 male/female only party member (out of 2)

*1 light/dark side only party member (out of 2)

*1 optional party member (out of 2)

So that's 13 possible party members total, to fill 10 slots. Assuming the game isn't rushed (hint hint, LucasArts ;)), that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

From what I've seen, in the past games, some of the party members shared roles. For instance, in both games we had:

- A mentor figure

- A scoundrel

- A wookie

- T3, HK-47 and Canderous

I guess they should keep those roles the same (Perhaps without Canderous). I think that the droids should be in the game, since they're usually popular characters, and the game wouldn't feel the same without them.

As for new characters, I think it'd be cool to have a sith as a master, since we've had a LS'er and a neutral teacher. It'd also work to inform us about the enemy, since we know pretty much nothing about them. Aside from that, I have no other ideas. I was thinking a female mandalorian would be nice as a love interest, with her taking off the helmet once you get enough influence or something. I don't know.

^

Yeah, I agree, but the games offered very little in terms of manipulation, so it's hard to gain influence with her doing DS actions. I said "neutral" for lack of a better word: She dissaproves of most LS actions and most DS ones. I'd rather have a DS teacher that didn't whine if I slay an innocent person and approved even more the use of manipulation: A total DS'er.

Sorry, but I'm reasonably certain that the Emperor would have gotten pissed if Maul or Dooku or Vader had run around Coruscant, making a harvest of heads. And he was about as Dark Side as you can go. What they need to do is get rid of the whole Light Side Dark Side point systems for determining Force-Use. Make it all flat. I've never liked how The Dark Side basically mind-controls you, anyway.

That'd be because the Emperor is similar to Kreia (As you yourself said). In any case, I never spoke of a massacre, that's excessive and no one, LS or DS would approve of it (And the game offers no such situation anyway).

It depends, I think. If you destroy a planet in order to kill an adversary (a lá Malak in Tabris), then I don't see why the master would see it as wrong. Otherwise, you'd just be deploying a lot of resources with nothing to gain. A single death gives you nothing in return either, but at least doesn't draw the attention of your adversaries. I guess there's a limit between blood-thirst and utter stupidity.

Honestly, I don't want HK-47 to be recruitable, nor do I want Canderous, though I'd like to see both of them as faction leaders. I would like one of the HK-51's loyal to Hk-47 from K2's cut content to be recruitable. I'd like one of the mandalorians that are part of the army Canderous assembled in k2 to be recruitable. I would like to have T3 recruitable.

I'd like to see either Atris (Redeemed), Kriea's sith force ghost (as DS), Bastilla (as neutral or ds teacher to your character), or Jolee (neutral) as teacher.

I would kind of like a choice between recruiting Hanhar and Zalbar in a face off between the two. Bringing both wookies into the first two games, then leaving both to wander the galaxy does make it seem that a wookie who's destined to lead his people, and another who slaughtered his whole tribe would have an interesting meeting if it ever occured.

I guess they should keep those roles the same (Perhaps without Canderous).

Having a KOTOR game without Canderous?

Thats preposterous.

The Mandalore is actually central to the plot now. (Assuming that the games pick up from where TSL left off)

I'd like to see either Atris (Redeemed), Kriea's sith force ghost (as DS), Bastilla (as neutral or ds teacher to your character), or Jolee (neutral) as teacher.

But Jolee's dead.

As much as I love Canderous, I think he should appear as faction leader of the Mandalorians rather than a permenant party member, much like Carth appeared for the Republic in K2. Though I'm in two minds about HK, I think T3 should be recruitable, as it was there for the majority of Revan and the Exile's original quests, so it would make sense if it met up with the K3 protagonist at some point.

I'm not sure I'd want any non-T3 NPCs to be the new party members, unless they're cameo recruits. I'd actually prefer to see a few different cameo/temp recruits across the different level in addition to your core party. If K3 is about the battle in the Unknown Regions, it could be assumed that the battle will break out into the Outer Rim, at which point the Jedi (be it the Exile's Order or Bastila/Juhani), the Mandalorians and the Republic, among others, would be present on some of the playable planets, and may be willing to work with you for as long as you remain there in order to further their goals.

Though toggle/optional characters are good in theory, I'm one of those people who would have preferred to have both Disciple and Handmaiden, as though I didn't hate Disciple (that much), I thought Handmaiden was more important to the story. If there's going to be two characters I have to choose between, I want to be able to make that choice as I play.

Yes Canderous should be a major non-party member. He could join in a few battles with the party. Yeh we definatly need a fighting alongside Canderous part. I dont know if HK should be a party member or not...

Anyway, just a few ideas to toss around:

a twilek jedi would be nice

definatly another good ole' scoundrel

Maybe a wookie Jedi...this one with an interesting back story unlike the others...if no good back story then no wookie at all. :tsk:

@patient: my thought exactly, I would have liked to have HM and Disciple. A choice of who we want as far as optional party members would be nice.

Oh, I definitely think Handmaiden and Disciple should both have been in the party. Mainly because Nihilus makes no sense if you don't have the Disciple on the team (and high influence with him), and Atris makes no sense without the Handmaiden. But one of the things I liked the most about K2 was having optional characters. If they could just to make it so that everything makes sense whether you have one or the other...

Oh, and I'm fairly certain there will be no Jedi Wookiee. After all, LA put the kibosh on Sith Hanharr.

Archived