Home

The Party Members of KOTOR 3

*Don*

Bao-Dur's dead. :p Had to say it. :D

Actually, bringing Bao-Dur back might not be a bad thing; he could be Mr Exposition, explaining what the frak happened in the HK factory, where he was, etc. As long as they don't make his voice so dull again. :xp:

Seriously, Bao-Dur's voice was awful. And I don't think that the voice actor was bad, because it's really good in some parts. I think it was bad directing.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a KOTOR III is ever made, I would like to see them (whatever team is working on the title) bring in a feeling similar to the first KOTOR. The second was a good play, and the idea that you could corrupt your entire party was quite interesting. However, the reactions to your actions by other party members was more dramatic in PT. I, I'd like to see something to that effect, and a cast similar to the last to (more so of the template of Main PC, Pilot, Master, etc.) They could toss in a few different alien species to have as party members, that weren't available in the last two KOTORs.

Maybe (if it is a new PC and they bring back the influence system), you shouldn't be able to influence anyone at first, then you could see how they normally are. Then influence them, and it should bring noticable changes, not just physical ones. I found it annoying that some of the most drone-like of my party were not droids but potentially interesting people... coughcoughVisascoughcough [shudder]

Hmmm... I'm gonna agree with JCarter and hope Bao-Dur comes back as 'Mr. Exposition.' Seriously, no one, I mean, NO ONE understood what happened in the end of K2 without looking it up or playing it again and again. Heck, I did both, and I STILL have tons of questions. Fans who aren't completely die-hards probably had no clue, and we can't pretend we don't wanna know what they come up with for an explanation of why that is. Heh...

But I stick with the hope that they will bring back HK and T3, and maybe Canderous (please not as a party member, c'mon, we need new people). I'd prefer to meet him as Mandalore and maybe have him lead a huge rag-tag collection of Mandalorians into battle. That would be cool. We should see a lot of old faces as NPCs, or at least hear about their fates, but we don't really need too many of them in our party. New faces!!

Bastila or Jolee as a mentor? Kreia's force-ghost? Well, maybe Bastila, because as far as we know she's still alive (LS and DS), but Jolee...nah, can't see him like that, even if I do hope he's alive. Kreia?! Why would she even want to teach the PC, much less be a force ghost?! (Revan and the Exile she said had nothing left to learn, and I can't see her teaching just anyone)

...Okay, the rant is over.

Uhh, I hope I'm not butting in, but I just had to mention some things that I'd like (purely to amuse myself :3)

I wouldn't want any of the old characters allowed in the PC's party except for... maybe... T3, 'cause he's awesome, and maybe Bao-Dur, 'cause I love him and they didn't finish the whole dialogue thing with him in K2.

I'd also want either the Ebon Hawk to be used again, or have it somewhat remodeled on the inside, or have a new ship. I'd like it any way with the ship ^^

And as for other party characters, I would love to have a Trandoshan wookie hunter, and then meet a wookiee (whether it's Hanharr, Zalbaar, or a new one) that it tries to kill. And then you can either choose between them or have both and stop them from killing each (silly species wars :p).

And... since I'm in school, I gotta go before I've said everything I want to ^^;

I like most peoples' idea so far, though, I'd love any of them <3

Yes, an Ebon Hawk V2 would be nice! I'm at least kind of getting sick of the Hawk's interior, so I'd like to see a different interior in K3 for the EH v2. :p Also, I'd like a speciesist Trandoshan Slaver-type character who is the co-pilot, not to mention a pacifistic, but greedy Rodian with a knack for building and upgrading weapons for credits. A smart, but short-tempered Wookiee Pilot/Scout with a knack for melee is also good.

Oh, and some obligatory human characters.

I'm with Scatter and luckyariot - the Influence system needs a serious overhaul.

I was unamused by Atton and Disciple moaning about me turning to the Darkside right after they'd earned their Sith eyes. Ideally each character would have a "default" persona and a few varying other personas, one for a light side character with high influence, one for a light side character with low influence, one for a dark side character with high influence, etc, etc.

Using Atton as an example, if you were dark side with high influence he would turn to the dark side and become your sinister yes-man sidekick with a hero (villain?) worship of the Exile. However, if you were light side with low influence, he'd turn to the dark side because you've reassured him that the Sith were right and he's right to hate Jedi.

Another problem it has is that it was almost -too- precious. There's no real incentive for the player to take an influence hit to see what happens, so they'd rather take a DS hit and pander to HK than stick with the LS response like the good little cherub they've been the rest of the game.

As for the members themselves? I believe I've posted here before, so I'll just restate by support for temporary party members. Just because you're teaming up with Canderous/Carth/Bastila to fight a few Sith doesn't mean they're going to stick with you forever, but at least you'll get to see them in action.

Ok, I have a few things to mention here. I like the idea of having more NPC's available. And I like having more choices for the PC, like classes, races, and even clothes. Now, I think that keeping the PC to human and near-human races is a good idea. But I do have a few suggestions. As the game goes on, you not only gain influence with a few core NPC's, but also recruit others into your gang. I'm thinking of like 3 main characters, then expanding as the game goes on. Some of the NPC's will be temporary, some permanent. I did like the way the first game started. Didn't like the way the second started. Ok, let me clarify before going on here. The idea of starting with the PC, rather than T3-M4, is better, for me. I think that the starting sequence should be someone comes, wakes you up, go through a mini-mission, following the creation of the PC. More classes means different people that you interact with, at the beginning. Basically one template, but different aspects of the template to fit the male/female PC, as well as the different classes.

I'm with Scatter and luckyariot - the Influence system needs a serious overhaul.

I was unamused by Atton and Disciple moaning about me turning to the Darkside right after they'd earned their Sith eyes. Ideally each character would have a "default" persona and a few varying other personas, one for a light side character with high influence, one for a light side character with low influence, one for a dark side character with high influence, etc, etc.

Using Atton as an example, if you were dark side with high influence he would turn to the dark side and become your sinister yes-man sidekick with a hero (villain?) worship of the Exile. However, if you were light side with low influence, he'd turn to the dark side because you've reassured him that the Sith were right and he's right to hate Jedi.

Another problem it has is that it was almost -too- precious. There's no real incentive for the player to take an influence hit to see what happens, so they'd rather take a DS hit and pander to HK than stick with the LS response like the good little cherub they've been the rest of the game.

I agree for the most part. For me, the main thing lacking about the Influence System was that having low influence with people didn't really change anything; the only thing that happened was that dialogue trees were closed to the player.

The one time I remember it being any different is when the player gets significantly higher influence with Visas than Handmaiden, and even then it does the same thing in essence: close dialogue trees (except in that case, it had a few cutscenes tacked onto it).

I also didn't like how the system could be exploited. For example, you could get heavy influence with Handmaiden by doing some good things with her around and at the same time go full-dark side by just not having her around when you do dark-sided things. If you go around blowing **** up, everyone in the crew's going to find out sooner or later.

I think it's pretty likely to expect a lot of returning faces, but considering how there are so many paths that the PC can follow (based on actions in the other games), and remembering that in the past they've always just ignored characters whose continued existence is ambiguous based on actions in a previous game, it would be hard to implement.

One way they could get around it would be to have checks basing the available characters on what you answer to the questions of your actions in previous games (Revan's gender, Revan's alignment, Exile's gender, Exile's alignment). That means that even if your character pool was decided on simply by that, there would be 16 DIFFERENT scenarios decided upon right off the bat. Now this would affect all kinds of things within the game, and then adding into the mix your character's gender and alignment, that makes a grand total of 64 different scenarios to change those who travel with you.

So in theory, we could have a whole host of recurring characters, but in actuality, it'd be a lot easier for them to start pretty much afresh with a few mentions here and there for those who *might* still be alive.

Just to cover some:

-Bastila could have died if Revan was DS and chose to kill

-Canderous/Mandalore may have died on Malachor along with the rest of the K2 party

-Carth may have died if Revan was DS (as was replaced in K2 by Admiral Cede)

-HK-47 could have been destroyed on Malachor

-Juhani could have died in several places if Revan was DS

-Mission could have died if Revan was DS

-T3-M4 could have been destroyed on Malachor

-Zaalbar could have died if Revan was DS

-Atton could have died on Malachor

-Bao-Dur could have died on Malachor or on M4-78 (conjecture)

-Brianna could have died on Malachor or on Telos

-G0-T0 could have been destroyed on Malachor

-Hanharr could have died on Malachor

-Kreia is dead :p

-Mical could have died on Malachor

-Mira could have died on... guess...

-Visas could have died in many many places

What I'm trying to highlight is the fact that the only characters that will DEFINATELY recieve some kind of appearance/mention are the Exile and Revan. Everyone else is potentially dead. UNLESS they implement the idea I stated above, whereby available returning characters would be decided upon by your choices in previous games.

...Sorry, that was longer than I meant for it to be.

EDIT: I also agree heavily about the influence system, and how it should be edited in the ways outlined above, giving characters different personas based on LS high inf, LS low inf, DS high inf, DS low inf. Yet another variable. This game has the potential to be huge... I only hope it's not ruined.

EDIT EDIT: I love the idea one post below about party members leaving. That's quite a nice idea, although unlikely to be implemented.

The influence system definitely needs work. However, it's one of the things that makes K2 more replayable that K1. So it should definitely be in K3, but again, it needs more work. A couple changes I would make:

1. As patient_zero said, the characters' personalities (and influence loss/gain opportunities) should change depending on their alignment. Obsidian did have a few things about this planned (e.g. dark sided Atton betraying player by siding with Kreia, then killing Disciple), but of course they were cut. And even then, that wouldn't solve everything.

2. As TKA-001 said, the party members would find out that you've been punching babies even if they weren't in your party when it happened. There should be a certain point where you start to lose influence with a party member who has the opposite alignment than your player, even if they aren't in the party. The easiest way to do this would be to have more Ebon Hawk cutscenes, which result in the party member in question confronting the player about their alignment, like Atton does, only have influence loss/gain opportunities, depending on the player's dialogue choices.

But back to party members...

It would also be interesting if party members left depending on your influence level with them. I believe that this happens in Mass Effect, but I haven't played the game yet, and there isn't an "influence system" per se in that game, I don't think.

Bao-Dur's dead. :p Had to say it. :D
NOOO!!! He's not dead!!! :xp:

Actually, bringing Bao-Dur back might not be a bad thing; he could be Mr Exposition, explaining what the frak happened in the HK factory, where he was, etc. As long as they don't make his voice so dull again. :xp:

Seriously, Bao-Dur's voice was awful. And I don't think that the voice actor was bad, because it's really good in some parts. I think it was bad directing.

Really? His voice is one of the things that I liked about him. Very indicative of a person who's calm and collect on the outside, but just underneath is simmering with an anger barely held in check. 'Course that's just my opinion. :)

Party members coming and going? Interesting... If we have a long enough game (with plenty of time to make it), its possible. You can have in-depth characters that die or leave/betray the party in the middle or end as long as you do it right. Problem is just that. You have to do it right...

I would like carth and bastila back and t3 and jk

canderous would follw revans orders and join the fight in republic space

the exile would be a secondary party member with revan and we get a char who has been fighting the true with all along to lead

micel is leading a party of jedi to help

and handmaden and atton are back in party

the exile would be a secondary party member with revan and we get a char who has been fighting the true with all along

Well, for that, you'd have to make THREE PCs! ;) And if they have conversations with each other, I'd say you'd pretty much be talking to yourself what with you choosing each of their dialogue options and them being mostly voiceless and all.

Actually, that would be pretty be amusing and fun. "Making your own arguements"...I like it.

Oh yeah, well I think that's just stupid.

But think of how fun it'll be!

Then it's still stupid...but fun. I'm in. :D

Yeah! :D

I'd like a female pilot for the Ebon Hawk for a change perhaps. Like, switching classical Star Wars archetypes around for a couple roles. I'm thinking a merc from the Jedi Civil War or something Infact I think a lot of the characters' pasts should heavily involve the Jedi Civil War in some capacity, since the backstory for most party NPC's in KOTOR II:TSL had a deep connection to the Mandalorian Wars.

True, I think. I've only played through once and I was LS. I'm assuming he doesn't activate the Mass Shadow Generator to destroy Malachor if he goes DS?

It doesn't have anything to do with the Exile's alignment, but with the cut HK factory.

Archived