Home

Obama and Rev. Wright

Jae Onasi

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His use of the word "typical" wasn't particularly judicious. The implication is that the "typical" white person automatically lapses into stereotyping strangers, in this case black. The statement says more about Obama's perception of white people than anything about them.

You know, none of the statements I've heard on the cable news channels made by Rev. Wright are even that bad. Yeah, they're unconventional views, but I tend to agree with him - at least on what I've heard him say. I must not be hearing the worst of what he's said, because nothing I've heard was in any way racist.

Rev. Wright actually makes a lot of sense if you filter out the hysteria in the media. Which is weird, because usually preachers are full of ****. Just because Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly (see: actual racists) say that Rev. Wright is racist and a separatist, doesn't make him one. Don't believe the hype!

Well, it was in reference to the fact that "typical white people" are afraid of black people. And yes, the media is tearing him up about it.

The only so-called “news network’ I've seen giving him a hard time about it is FoxNews and Fox affiliates. I consider them as mainstream as I do “fair and balanced.” Rush Limbaugh and Michael Moore are just as mainstream and “fair and balanced” as FoxNews. The other major media highlighting this gaffe are all New York Newspapers, I wonder why that would be, maybe because of a certain Senator from that state.

They certainly aren't "fair and balanced", but they are "mainstream" (as in, lots of people watch them and believe what they watch, whether or not they should). It also made the local news here on several channels (mainly because I live in Boston, and the governor of Massachusetts is a longtime friend of Obama).

They certainly aren't "fair and balanced", but they are "mainstream" (as in, lots of people watch them and believe what they watch, whether or not they should).
Sure to the Republican base FoxNews is considered “mainstream.” To “those people” it is even considered “fair and balanced.” However, to anyone that would even consider voting for Barack Obama FoxNews is neither.

To borrow an anonymous member’s description me, I am too “pigheaded and stubborn” to convince otherwise. :D

Fox News is leaning on about a 70 degree angle towards the Right, True. But you can get a fairly decent coverage if you mix it together with one of the more mainstream news. Let's face it, most of the rest are Leftists. Fox News is a breath of fresh air merely because, while it's just as stilted, at least they do the other direction.

Man, I love posts like that. "I don't like X. So now I'm going to stop, because I have no argument." Geez, Weiser, you and Avery should get together. Form a "I like to fire off opposing opinions, but don't want to go to the effort(or can't) of backing it up."

And, yes, I do tend to agree with Fox which is probably why I like it. I also enjoy shows like This Week with George Step...whatever the hell his name is, mostly because he looks like he's about six so he's incredibly easy to mock.

Man, I love posts like that. "I don't like X. So now I'm going to stop, because I have no argument." Geez, Weiser, you and Avery should get together. Form a "I like to fire off opposing opinions, but don't want to go to the effort(or can't) of backing it up."

And, yes, I do tend to agree with Fox which is probably why I like it. I also enjoy shows like This Week with George Step...whatever the hell his name is, mostly because he looks like he's about six so he's incredibly easy to mock.

Hey, I was trying to be nice. I don't need to back anything up because I didn't put forth an argument. I suggested you like Fox because you agreed with everything they say, then I stated an opinion. What are you going to do prove to me I wasn't offended?

I forget which strike this is but I'm pretty sure it's way past the third, given your track record here.

Take a few days off to learn how to post without resorting to snide, ad hominem remarks.

Wow, deep. Fox is a waste of a television station. If you feel the need to +1 by saying 'omg failurz cuz u r not post enuf textz!', feel free.

You agree with Fox so you like it, when I watched it once I found it offensive. I'll stop there.

Do you recall specifically what it was that offended you that particular time? I can't watch MSNBC for the most part b/c that station really is a pretty bad joke (oberman is such a vainglorious pompous schmuck). The main networks (ABC/NBC/CBS) are hopelessly tilted to the left, as is CNN. Fox's success is no doubt in part due to the fact that a certain segment of the population was underwhelmed by the lackluster variety of choices then available. Will usually flip between CNN/Fox due to fact that they are a station apart from each other.

I get my news from Google News. They ensure that my news is rather biased towards crackpots, which is exactly what I desire (crackpots, 9 out of 10, will control the world, so I need to know what they believe). If I feel really daring, I'd click on BBC or the French paper International Healrd Tribune. I'm a right-winger, so I usually listen to left-wing properganda so that I migate my own ideological bias. I'll only watch right-wing properganda to remind myself why I am still a right-winger though.

The partisan media is full of people who think Obama is either too black or not black enough. In reality, I think he's nothing if not an individual. As for Rev. Wright, the guy is clearly a nut, but it's hard to not at the very least understand where his anger comes from. It's just like Obama said in his speech: it's not something people like to talk about in polite company... but it's not like the black men and women of his generation didn't have anything to be angry about. This whole 'scandal' is a complete joke.

Archived