Home

Rainbow textures in-game

ninja!

Hey everyone, I hope somebody can help me with my issue :)

JKA has always run fine for me until i had to reformat my comp recently due to a virus. In the game, all the map textures in the game are rainbow colored, although I still get good fps and the player models look fine. I have run the system check for jka and it says everything passes for it. I have the latest direct X 9 drivers, am running windows XP and have dled the latest drivers for my vid card the Nvidia Geforce 7900 GT/GTO. I have also tried using a variety of video settings in game as well as checked and made sure that the game was recognizing my card, which it was. I have also reinstalled the game as well as renamed my jampconfig and replaced it with another players. None of this has helped the issue. Lastly, I have played another game called Day of Defeat:Source since reformatting and this game ran w/o any issues.

Here is a screenshot of the problem

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8517/jkaingameqa7.png

I hope someone more tech savvy than me might have some ideas on what is wrong. Any help would be awesome.

While I'd enjoy playing through a game that looked that cool, I can understand your dismay. I'm probably not the best person to be asking, but I'm usually pretty good for starters. Just make sure that you have the game patched to the latest version (if applicable). Also, do you have any other video cards in your machine?

Grr. Must be a windows issue. I'll keep thinking.

Other things to try:

set r_texturebits "32"

set r_colorbits "32" /(also try 0)

set r_depthbits "32"

set r_vertexLight "1"

set r_simpleMipMaps "0"

set r_primitives "0"

set r_ext_texture_env_add "1"

set r_ext_compiled_vertex_array "1"

set r_ext_multitexture "1"

set r_ext_gamma_control "1"

set r_ext_compress_textures "1"