Home

Third Mission: Help!

teodesetkata

Please, help me! I can't seem to finish mission 3, where we have to recover some data that our sister accidentally trashed. OK, we go scan the first cargo area. Success. We enter cargo area two and we see that there is a ship (raider) that is trying to steal from us. I managed to destroy it. We scanned the containers in second cargo area, OK. Third one. First, I'm under attack by two Rzr/F Razor ships and I destroyed them, but then, near the containers, there is a ship PES Enkidu and it "aborts its mission" and "it has gotten away". Do I have to necessarily destroy it or can it hyperspace away and still win the mission? Because after it hyperspaces, the mission doesn't seem to fail; it continues. I scan all the containers in the third cargo area and after that I "have to return home". OK, going home through the Navigation Buoy. After I hyperspace in, I don't get any more quests, so I guess I should dock within the station. I press SHIFT + D to dock (is that so?) and the ship does some strange automatic maneuvers and then: nothing! It does nothing! It doesn't dock and I can't finish the mission! Or was the problem with Enkidu hyperspacing away? Please, help me!

PS 1: Is there a walkthrough or something for the game?

PS 2: Oops, I think I posted this in the wrong sub-forum. Sorry.

You will not be able to destroy the Enkidu (you don't have to, and you're not supposed to). You will need to finish inspecting all the cargo containers and (as I recall) there will be one with spice in it and you will need to make sure it gets picked up and carried back home with you. At least I think so... that's the same mission, right? :p

Yeah, the Selu picks it up for me, not Sabra, my ship, but my sister's ship.

I read just now through some old threads and realised that this mission is bugged and sometimes when I have inspected 97% of the cargo containers it tells me that it is accomplished and can cause trouble and I need to download a patch. I haven't downloaded patches 'till now, so I assume I am 1.0. Where can I get the patches? I'm searching now, but can't find 'em anywhere!

EDIT: This bug occured to me all the time; so I guess that's the problem.

Yes! Yes! I succeeded in mission three, after about seven tries! I downloaded the 2.02 patch and it fixed the bug:

http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/xwingalliance/xwaupd202.exe.html

It appears I have done things correctly from the very first time, but the stupid bug prevented me from finishing the mission. Thank you for your most quick replies, Inyri! I appreciate them! If it hadn't been for you, I would have probably quit playing XWA, but now, onto mission four! :)

I'm late to the party, but I'll move this to "Player Strategy" in case anyone's looking for it.

teodesetkata, don't hesitate to check out the "TacOps" on the CRS Morning Star's site (in my signature...find the link to "Tactical" on the page) if you need help with any more missions. :)

Thanks a lot, Wildstar. I'll consider this if I need further help before starting topics. I just finished the Prologue Family missions and I can say that the game has a very promising beginning and I can't wait to continue! I just joined the Rebellion. By the way, I bought a new joystick as you advised me, and I can say that it is much more easier to play with a real joystick than a virtual one. :)

XWA is best enjoyed with a joystick that supports rolls. My joystick is probably about 10 years old at this point, but it's a Logitech (and was $50 when new) so it's solid even now (and thank God it came with a USB adapter). It supports twisting the stick left and right to 'roll' the craft, and let me tell you the difference it makes in XWA gameplay is tremendous.

It's hard to go back to XvT where that functionality is not supported. Rolling makes for some great evasive maneuvers when avoiding pesky TIE's. :)

Archived