Home

KOTOR Eyepatch?

MiladyRevan

The model in your avatar? The problem with an eye patch would be that it would most likely have to be tailored specifically to whatever model you want to use because the heads are all shaped ever so slightly (or not so slightly, in some cases) differently.

The one in the image would certainly be easier and much cleaner looking that fitting a strap around the model's head (which would cause it to be largely incompatible with any other models but the one it was fitted to).

Who said she was gonna make it?
:lol: Good point.

I'm not going to have much time to do my own modding for a while, much less requests from other people. That said, the actual model required here would be painfully simple, and the only troublesome part would be placement. I think someone else should try this (maybe even someone who's never modeled before!).

I'm happy to give advice -- after all, I can do that from work. :D

Wow, seems like a KOTOR/TSL eyepatch would get, like, 99999 downloads one minute after submitted ...

Ooh! I don't like that Typho eyepatch >.< - I would much rather go for a Pirate-eyepatch, y'know, so that it wont accidently look like just a hole in the eye, or like it is some kind of cybernetic eye ...

Only 5 people have posted in this thread, so I don't think I'd say it would get 99999 downloads in one minute... As I said, the 'pirate' method won't work well and will be very very hard to get looking right. If you want to have a go at it, though, good luck.

It would work, it would just take a lot of scrutiny to get the model shaped/positioned right. The head doesn't stretch (I would hope heads aren't stretching in that spot) so deformation wouldn't be an issue. It's the same reason my sunglasses mods work.

Isn't it just to make something to cover one eye, and then paint an eyepatch around the eye on the skin, sorta like The Sims 2? http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=175765

The only problem with that is that the skins only have one eye. It's one side of the face, mirrored onto the other. Something that would be equipable as headgear would be better.

I'm no modeler, but I would love a mod like this if it could be made. It would earn a permanent place, alongside many others, in the Override folders of both KotOR and TSL, if it was made for both.

Archived