Home

United We Stand

William Graff slowly yet gracefully walked the halls of the Jedi Temple located on Coruscant. Though the temple continued to be a center of learning and knowledge for Jedi's, it also became more military like with Republic officials speaking to the Jedi Counsel for advice and developing strategies to fight the True Sith.

Ironically, the temple has also begin to house Dark Jedi's. Though the two sides did not fight, they avoided each other almost completely. William recounted the events that led to the Galaxy's current situation. Even with the return of Revan and the Exile and the unification of the Sith, Mandalorians, and Republic, they were still losing. The True Sith continued to win with their overwhelming numbers and advanced technology. Therefore, the Sith and Jedi Masters concluded that the only way to win would be to kill the four Dark Lords. These were Darth Util, Darth Morfano, Darth Auroris, and Darth Elderis.Revan himself had chosen the team to lead this operation, but some of the member had not yet made it to Coruscant.

Now he waited to see who his team members would be, and the briefing of the mission.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vynn looked up at the spires of the Jedi Temple. He hadn't set foot in its halls for over 15 years, yet it was different somehow. Possibly because of the cohabitation of both Jedi and Sith.

As he ascended the great steps before him, he thought about the Holo message that had brought him here. It had simply asked for him to go to the temple, and find a man named Graff.

As he reached the main hall, he grabbed a Jedi by the arm, pulling her aside.

"Graff." he said, looking down the hallway. "That way" she said, wrestling from his grip, sprinting away. He continued down the hall, stopping at a door. He used the Force to look inside. There he saw a man, clad in black, sat at a table.

He opened the door, and took a good look at the man he could only assume was Graff. He distrusted people who wore masks. It meant they had something to hide.

He walked to a chair, sat down, and threw his legs up on the table.

"Well, i'm here"

"So you're Graff, huh? You already know my name, otherwise I wouldn't be here. I expected someone taller." Vynn looked the man up and down again - It was hard to read his body language, and impossible to read his face. He could tell this much - he was young. He removed his legs from the table, and leant towards the man.

"I gather this is important? That message of yours drew me away from a pretty good game of Pazaak, and two very engaging young Twi'Leks" Vynn cursed himself - he hadn't had that much fun in ages.

"So what is it the Order wants? I doubt this is to catch up on old times. I sense that there's a job offer in here somewhere. In that case, it's simply two questions - how far, and how much"

And with that, he sat back again.

"I am not the one in charge here, and I only contacted you because the Jedi Order told me to," replied William. "The Order recruited each of us because of our abilities and talents to track down and kill The Four True Sith Lords. Darth Auroris is first up on the list." With one hand, William took off his mask exposing his handsome features, and placed it on the table.

"How far will depend upon how fast we find Darth Auroris's location and as for how much, you will have to ask Revan himself when he gets here. But I assume it should be more than enough to make your sacrifice worthwhile," William said with a gentel smile.

"Wait a minute... did you say Sith Lords?" Vynn said in near disbelief.

He looked at the mans now uncovered face. There were'nt any scars, so Vynn wondered why he'd bothered with a mask in the first place. But he could tell that there was a definate touch of darkness about the man.

"You want me to kill a karking Sith Lord? Is that what this is all about?" Vynn couldn't believe it - If the order wanted to kill Sith Lords, then surely there were better suited people.

"Now, I haven't taken nearly enough blaster shots to the head, or drank enough to Juma to consider this even a bad idea. But, if you insist on this, I'll come along. Provided the pay's good..."

Bail ducked from a Revans lightsaber, and was about to strike Revan when he got pushed into the wall. Revan walked towards him and prepareing to make a final blow. But he stopped and said "The Republic is in danger...I will call for you in the future, I will need you...And you will come when the time is right..."

Bail woke up from the dream. He shook his head and threw some water on his face to wake up good. He wondered 'Why would I have this dream now?'. He went to his small Datapad and noticed a message. A message that said that Revan and the Exile were returning. 'The republic is in danger...' He thought. Maybe the dream wasn't a dream but more of a vision, a vision where Revan called for him. He scolled down the datapad and saw information of a big meeting in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, Sith, Jedi, Mandalorians and Republic... 'Enemies from the past...this can't be good!'. Bail packed his things and went out of his courters on Nar Shadaa. He headed for the cantina to get a refreshing drink, but he noticed the time and knew that if he were about to get on the next flight to Coruscant he had to hurry.

-x-

When Bail walked in the temple, he saw two guys talking. And one of them said:

"You want me to kill a karking Sith Lord? Is that what this is all about? Now, I haven't taken nearly enough blaster shots to the head, or drank enough to Juma to consider this even a bad idea. But, if you insist on this, I'll come along. Provided the pay's good..."

"Provided the pay's good? If this is about saving the Republic, then that should be enough pay, making people live free and in peace...proved the pay's good..." Bail said and shook his head, however he did get concerned hearing about the Sith Lord, who was it? "Any of you kids seen Revan or the one who now goes by the name the Exile? For I am in great need of speaking with them..."

Vynn turned to look at the voice that came from the doorway, the voice that had derided him for asking for payment. There stood a dark skinned man, older than him by a few years, dressed in the customary robes of a Jedi Knight.

"And who says I want to free people? I learned a long time ago that you can't change the galaxy all by yourself, so now I just get by in it. And last time I looked, all the good intentions in the world didn't get me creds to buy food... or enjoyment" he said, thinking back to those two lovely Twi'Lek ladies he'd left back at the bar. What were their names? He couldn't remember.

"And no, I haven't seen Revan. You might try asking around..."

"*sigh*...If you don't care about other people, then what are you doing here? You will probably risk your life for job who probably wont pay as much as an easier one someplace else. Besides, good deeds, aren't meant to help yourself, selfish deeds are however meant to do that...what makes a good deed is more of making things better to others and sacrifice yourself to greater good." Bail said and walked away.

After walking awhile he ran into someone he hadn't seen in a long time.

"Carth? Is that you?" Bail said, and the man looked at Bail for a while.

"B-Bail? What a pleasant suprise. I haven't seen you since the Mandalorian wars, I thought you were dead." Carth said.

"I've just been travelling around."

"For 15 years?"

"Well, I stayed in some places longer than others. But look at you, you and admiral now. Congratulations!"

"Thanks, I've been it awhile thou. Listen, I have to go, we are having a meeting at the moment so lets talk later."

"Sure, sure no problem. Could you tell Revan that I'm here?"

"Will do, see you!"

"Good bye, old friend!" Carth ran off, and Bail headed for the training grounds.

Jaq hadn't expected to receive a message from the republic to attend a mission briefing held at the Jedi Temple. His name must have brought some attention after the ammount of jobs he pulled off as a mercenary.

Though a meeting held in the Jedi Temple made him feel... uneasy. Yet he turned up. He was always up for action and glory. It was once his ways during his Mandalorian life.

He was already in the room by the time the two other men entered. The problem was that they couldn't see him. Jaq's neo-crusader armour enabled him a cloaking device, which he used generally for merc jobs and theatrics for amusement... which he was currently doing.

"And no, I haven't seen Revan. You might try asking around..."

"Though you may wanna try askng someone who is visible at present..." Jaq spoke, and turned off his cloak. "Sorry, couldn't resist" he smirked. Then his smirk turned into a serious face.

"Though you may wanna try askng someone who is visible at present..."

Vynn stood up in disbelief at the sudden appearance of a Mandalorian Warrior, seemingly out of thin air. His right hand hovered over his holster.

"You know, It's rude to drop in like that. Since when did Jedi hire Mandalorians? And going up against a Sith lord in a group isn't suicide? When did the Jedi drop the IQ requirement?"

He sat back down, wondering how he'd got himself involved in what could potentially turn into a mess at the end of a bright red lightsaber...

"You know, It's rude to drop in like that."

Jaq smirked. "I seemed to have left my manners elsewhere..." he glanced up at the gruff-man named Vynn.

When did the Jedi drop the IQ requirement?"

"Since the Mandalorian Wars when they decided to back down instead of fighting us... unlike a handful of the ones my clan fought."

Bail entered a section where he had practiced lightsaber duels many times, and often with Master Kavar, who had taught him a lot when it comes to the use of a saber in battle. It was in fact Kavar who persuade him to become a guardian in the first place. In the 'duel-arena' he saw two people, two who appeared to be Dark Jedis. They looked at Bail, smiled and gave and evil look.

"A Jedi...Jedi's are weak, pathetic...We would be able to defeat the True Sith faster without your help." One of them said.

"No, we need them... Someone has to feed the enemy canons..." the other one replied. They both started to laugh.

"And Dark Jedi's has always been so ignorant, and thought they are the real thing. I mean for instance you call yourself sith...but Sith comes from an old empire, and isn't that also a species? Either way that's not important...what is important is: 1. I'm no Jedi, 2. I would never have a problem beating childish wanna-be's!"

"Oh yeah, how did you think you were going to defeat two dark jedis?"

"A Dark Jedi is no problem and two of you...well 'The more the merrier'!" Bail smiled, the Dark Jedis activated their sabers and prepared to attack.

"ENOUGH!" A voice shouted, "Put down your lightsaber!" an other Dark Jedi entered. "And you" looking at Bail " get out of here, before I kill you myself!"

'Like if you would manage to do that...' Bail thought, and went back to the hallways of the temple.

"Back down? I didn't back down. I tasted your 'honour' first hand - in a prison camp. Is it honourable to shackle people day and night? Make prisoners fight other prisoners? Fight for food? Where's the honour in that?"

Vynn thought back to those times. He'd almost broken. But he was thankful. The Mandalorians had beat the weakness out of him in those three months.

"That's in the past, anyway. And we won't get far like that."

he outstretched his arm, offering the heavily armored man his hand.

"The name's Drax. A pleasure"

Zarena glanced around the halls of the Jedi Temple with a certain sense of distaste. Archways and grand staircases and gushing fountains abound. It was like nothing she'd ever seen.

Last time I was in somewhere this clean, I was hospitalized.

There were throngs of men and women bogged down in thick robes scurrying to and fro, but aside from the echoes of their footsteps and the roaring of the waterfall fountains, it was silent. She didn't like it. But needs must. She needed the money, she needed the work, she needed whatever great danger the galaxy was in now to back off before it obliterated any of her favourite cantinas.

She wandered up and down the hallways, opening doors a crack and peering in to check if it was the briefing room she was searching for. I figure it'll be the only room that isn't full of Jedi.

Eventually she found such a room. Rather than a crowd of padawans there were a small group of misfits, all tattered cloacks and shining armour. She lifted her hands behind her head and tightened her hair bun before pushing open the door and stepping in.

"I'm looking for a briefing room," she said sharply, casting her eye over the other occupants of the hall.

"I'm looking for a briefing room,"

Vynn looked towards the door, and saw a striking, remarkable figure. He withdrew his offered hand from the Mandalorian. As he approached, he looked carefully. Carefully at the bright orange hair, the blue eyes framed by a deep purple, the same purple over her lips. And then he looked down to her waist, and saw the Vibroblade and blaster pistol. 'Play it careful, Vynn' he thought to himself.

Vynn's interest had definately been aroused.

"You've found, sister" he said as he stopped in front of her.

"The name's Vynn. And yours is?"

"You've found, sister."

Zarena breathed a silent sigh of relief. One more wrong turn and I'd have been on my way back to Zeltros. One of the room's men had turned to greet her. Quickly, she scanned his appearance. Rough features and a small beard, the right kind of scruffy. His robe was tattered, probably an old favourite that had been through a few scrapes.

"The name's Vynn. And yours is?"

Her lips flexed into a smile. This could be interesting.

"I'm Zarena. Zarena Tatela. Mercenary extrordinaire."

Bail returned to the room where he've met the pay-me-well guy. He looked around and noticed certain more people. He sighed.

'Geez, this really must be a bad situation, asking for scruffy-looking people with no sense of duty.' He thought. 'And Mandies?!?' He noticed the Mandalorian who had entered the room while he was gone. Bail went and fetched a drink, and then stood leaning against the wall and looked at Vynn. 'Who is he? I recognize him from somewhere...He is obviously a force sensitive, but...hmm...' He thought

Vynn started to lead Zarena towards a chair by the window. As he did, he noticed the haughty Jedi who'd appeared early return. 'Great. Another lecture' he thought.

He turned back to Zarena, concentrating her rather than the Jedi.

"Zarena, this is Graff, and well, I don't know these other two gentlemen". He noticed the newly returned Jedi staring at him from across the room, and a sense of past familiarity pulsed through him.

Bail went towards Vynn and said:

"You participated in the Mandalorian War didn't you? I'm sure of it, you were one of the youngest to join." Bail's face turned sad. "I was 21-22 when I joined in the war, yet you must have been very young...The war was hardest for the youngest, they didn't have enough training, but Revan welcomed everyone who wanted... maybe a misstake, maybe it wasn't..." He remembered all the horrible stories the youngest had experienced, they were indeed unlucky. "I'm sorry I could help you and your comrades in the war...Listen, you probably don't want my pity, so I'll leave you alone now."

With a smirk set on her face, Zarena stayed a few paces behind Vynn as they walked away from the door and towards the chairs lined up along the wall.

"Zarena, this is Graff, and well, I don't know these other two gentlemen."

She tipped her head in acknowledgement to Graff and the others, all the while letting her eyes flit between the occupants of the room. Another Jedi, she guessed, swathed in black. That would be Graff. A man in a set of Mandalorian armour, presumably a Mandalorian himself. And a peculiar man with short hair that seemed to be concerning himself with Vynn. Something about the wars.

As she glanced at Graff he returned her nod and followed up with a polite smile. "How do you do?"

"Pleasure to meet you, Graff," she replied. She let her eyes flit around the room once more. "Quite the motley crew we have here."

"The war? Sure, I fought in the war. Only about 15 I guess. I don't remember you. Course, I don't remember the last three months of that war"

So that was it. He thought. Another veteran.

"And you'd be right. I don't want your pity. But you don't have to leave me alone. Just don't talk about it, kay?"

Archived