Home

United We Stand

Kevak continued throwing some punches before he heard Jaq.

"Hey you. Yeah, you! I need to stretch and pass the time... mind if I join?"

Kevak looked up and nodded.

"It would be an honor to spar with a Mandalorian," Kevak said as he went into the defensive stance he learned from his clan.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Taven looked over to Shara and Aeran. He had never seen a Pazaak game, and was curious on what it was about.

"Hey, do you guys mind if I watch?."

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shara smiled at Aeran. "Alright!"

She sat down across from him and picked up the hand he dealt her. Taven walked into the room. "Mind if I watch?"

"No problem." Shara raised an eyebrow. "You'll be able to understand what's going on in a few minutes."

Erik came up from behind Shara, "Make it Nar'Shadaa Rules and I'm in." He grinned and glanced to Aeran. Shara placed another card down onto the table, smiling at Aeran. Her total was 17, pretty close to Pure Pazzack. She picked up another card and without blinking answered Erik. "Nope our clothes are staying *on*. Get outta here will 'ya?"

((I think in Pazzack you also use a sidedeck, one that the dealer didn't actually deal to you.... There is another stack you pick cards from when you don't want to use the four cards you have from your sidedeck... I'm not 100% sure how to RP pazzack either... But. XD Good luck with military training! ;)))

"It would be an honor to spar with a Mandalorian,"

Jaq watched as Kevak stood in a fighting position. "Alrite, you know the rules: no weapons or items."

Jaq bowed before dueling, and stood in a fighting stance to counter. He threw Kevak a few punches to start the game.

Kevak moved out of the way at the first two punches and smacked the third one. He took the blow from the fourth punch and countered with a few of his own punches followed by a kick.

----------------------------------------------

Taven watched as the game began and was unsure of what the man had meant.

"Excuse me, but what does he mean by Nar'Shadaa rules?"

"Excuse me, but what does he mean by Nar'Shadaa rules?"

Shara stifled a giggle. "You don't get around much do you?" She glanced at Aeran's total: 17. She added a plus two card from her deck and her total came to 19. "I'm gonna stand." She said, freezing her total at 19, hoping that Aeran didn't make it to 20, or if he did- went over a bit. "Nar'Shadaa rules... Hmm. How do I explain it." Shara muttered, leaning back in her chair and looking at Taven. "Every time you lose a round, you lose another article of clothing." Erik interrupted. "Quite fun actually." "Yeah, if you're winning." Shara glared at him.

((in Pazzack there are three rounds, the first one to win three rounds wins. They don't need to be in a row, so I could win one, then you could win one etc. If there is a draw no one wins that round and you play another one. You keep playing rounds until someone has won three. Standing means freezing your total closest to 20. (ex. 19) If your opponent goes over 20 or stands at something less that what you stood at you win the round. If your opponent goes over 20 after drawing from the deck, but has a minus card in their hand then they can subtract from the total. For example, if they drew a card from the deck that brought them to 25, and they have a minus 5 card in their hand, they can subtract it from their total, bringing them to 20 letting them win the round. And... I guess that's it. I hope I didn't explain too much, I guess I'm explaining for anyone who doesn't understand Pazzack... ^^;; ))

Thryyn stretched his arms as he walked out of the cockpit and was slightly surprised to see Aeran and Shara playing Pazzak.

He looked down at Aeran's hand and winced before walking over to Shara's side of the table and looking down at her hand.

Shaking his head, he walked over to one of the chairs set up and sat down in it.

"Yeah, if you're winning."

"It all matters on if you're among friends or not." He said eventually. "For instance, there are very few people in the universe that could play Nar Shadaa rules with perfect strangers and feel not in the slightest uncomfortable. I had a friend that was like that, she eventually bought it during the Civil War, but she always was able to play Nar Shadaa with anybody and laugh about it." Realizing that he might've said more about his past than anybody in the ship would've wanted to hear he closed his mouth and watched the game, a small grin working its way onto his mouth.

((Have "fun" -if at all possible- in Basic, Nifty.))

• 5 weeks later...

(Back, wasnt for me, gave it a month, didnt like, so gonna go into further education)

Aeran folded his arms.

"Well this game sucks, Id prefer something more action-packed anyway"

He chucked down another card, making it 19, and then standing.

Kandar stared through the scope, aiming the rifle at the small tuft of hair on the Rodian's head, or whatever it was . . . Kandar didn't care much for his targets anatomy. He pulled back on the cartridge and replaced the power cell with a fresh load. The Rodian's large eyes stared blankly at the wall as he drunk into his fifth mug of Alesian ale.

Kandar was patient in his kill, knowing full well that if the target escaped the enemy would gain more vital intel on Republic movements. Kandar saw the Rodian twitch, he began to look nervous, almost as if he suspected a assassination attempt at any minute . . . he had SOME initiative then. Kandar twisted the scope vigorously and then pulled back on the body of the disruptor. The indicator flashed Green twice, Red once and then turned Blue. Kandar flicked the Rifle left twice, then down and fired.

The Rodian's shield was well designed. Whenever a targeter was directed at it the shield would generate a special plasma which would reverse the effects of the blaster, effectively releasing a small pulse of energy. Kandar's strategy effectively scattered the energy shield, creating a vital flaw which would allow the penetration.

The Rodian was evaporated in a instant and Kandar swung his rifle over his back. Here no laws applied. Nar'shadaa was a haven for his kind, assassins, Commandos . . .

Kandar deployed a Recon Droid and jumped from the building top, onto a speeder and slid down the side. He activated his comlink and spoke in a Alien dialect, unknown to many inhabitants of the Galaxy. The Droid responded with a orchestra of whizzes and clicks and flew off to locate Zalbaar. He would've asked it to locate Mission but a Wookie is SLIGHTLY easier to locate. Kandar chuckled at the prospect and headed south down the street, to a local cantina.

He was pursued by a angry Sullustan. Kandar stopped and whirled on his heel drawing his blaster. "What?"

The Sullustan held out both hands as a signal not to shoot, pointed to the Speeder Kandar jumped on. The Sullustan proceeded to yell angrily in his Alien tongue. Kandar popped out some credits from his belt and chucked them to the Sullustan, holstered his blaster and proceeded down the street to the Cantina.

Archived